Liked Posts:
[quote name="bubbleheadchief"]Darksiders is better.[/quote]

Is that the one only for PS3?

bubbleheadchief

Liked Posts:
[quote name="Stu Grimson"]

Is that the one only for PS3?[/quote]

No. I have it for the 360. I think Demon's Souls is only for the PS3,a nd that one is a hard mo fo. I got frustrated with it and stopped playing for a bit. Will pick it up again eventually.

phranchk

Liked Posts:
Been playing Prototype for awhile. That game is pretty funny.

Chief Walking Stick

Heeeh heeeeh he said POLES
Donator
Liked Posts:
[quote name="phranchk"]Been playing Prototype for awhile. That game is pretty funny.[/quote]

I had fun with that one.

OK... the new Rockstar game coming out on Tuesday looks AWESOME!

Red Dead Redemption is like a Wild Wild West GTA game. You can put together gangs and infiltrate other gang areas in an open world environment. Take a look at a couple of these videos.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3jgPSYtTFCI[/youtube]

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qBPn29lwo8Q[/youtube]

These are videos of actual multiplayer.

phranchk

Liked Posts:
[quote name="phranchk"]Been playing Prototype for awhile. That game is pretty funny.[/quote]

Meant to say it's pretty fun. Not pretty funny, cus really there's no humor in it.

bubbleheadchief

Liked Posts:
[quote name="phranchk"]

Meant to say it's pretty fun. Not pretty funny, cus really there's no humor in it.[/quote]

Wife has been playing that one, I have been playing Infamous.

Ymono37

Liked Posts:

Agreed! Although I haven't played this or GOD III in months... been caught up with Netflix.

supraman

Liked Posts:
So I was going to do this in the old thread but never got around to it. I want to re-review Mass Effect 2 and touch on the original too. I played the first one on the 360 and loved it, game was a blast because to me it was a RPG with a shooting element, the 2nd one came out and it was a shooter with an RPG element. Now I hate shooters on the 360 because I just don't like shooters using a gamepad, I am diehard keyboard and mouse guy. So I broke down and got both ME and ME2 on PC about a month ago. I spent a week playing ME nonstop so I could do a character import for the 2nd one. So yeah ME on PC is so much easier. The boss battle on PC took maybe a total of 5 minutes for both stages of it, on the 360 it took me several deaths and maybe 45 minutes to complete. That is just how much more accurate I am with a keyboard and mouse that I just decimated the final boss.

So on to ME2, on the 360 I hated the game, I felt the franchise was ruined, played it like twice when I got it and then shelved it because I hated playing it. I knew there was a good story in there but the shooting part I hated because you had to be so much more accurate then ME. On the PC I love the game, it is great, I have a ton of fun, don't dread the shooting nearly as much, hardly ever die but some fights still provide a bit of challenge. I'm close to nailing the hottie I think, I won't lie for a computer character she has a great ass. But yeah on the PC I am enjoying the game so much more.

So if you like your shooters on the PC, I suggest the game, if it dont matter, then get it on either platform.

whalerhawk

Liked Posts:
Haven't played Darksiders or Dante's Inferno, but I too have heard that Darksiders is better. Its sort of like a dark Zelda from what I've heard.

I'm all in on RDR tomorrow. I'm very much looking forward to that game.

For those of you who like racing games, a really cool game called Split Second is coming out tomorrow. It looks like the coolest racing game since Burnout 3: Takedown came out in 2005. I hope it lives up the hype. Here's a review.

http://www.joystiq.com/2010/05/17/review-split-second/#continued

Ymono37

Liked Posts:
[quote name="whalerhawk"]I'm all in on RDR tomorrow. I'm very much looking forward to that game.[/quote]You'll have to let us know how this is... I was always a fan of the GTA games because the open-environment made the game fun (and re-playable) even when you didn't do the missions.

CLWolf81

Fan Captain
Liked Posts:
[quote name="Ymono37"]
[quote name="whalerhawk"]I'm all in on RDR tomorrow. I'm very much looking forward to that game.[/quote]You'll have to let us know how this is... I was always a fan of the GTA games because the open-environment made the game fun (and re-playable) even when you didn't do the missions.[/quote]

I have to admit... but I got RDR... and I've never been a fan of the whole GTA thing cause of the whole gangs/prostitutes and crap... Never was. The idea of doing this in a western format, though... its definitely different, and I thought I'd give it a chance, since it would be away from the usual mode of steal car/fuck woman, etc.

So here's how I see it so far:

- Not used to the controls, obviously, since I've never played GTA in my life. They're fairly simple for someone like me. However, from what I've heard you can change them.

- The prostitutes are as funny as they come. Too bad you can't sleep with them, though. "He's married."

- The cutscenes are awesome, even if they're not in the storyline.

- The map is incredibly large and the graphics are beyond incredible. Rockstar did great with that.

- The missions, even the ones off key are easy. There's also assorted ones throughout the world and theres always something to do.

- Money in the game is actually easy to obtain and theres plenty of animals to kill. So if you want that cool new shotgun, its not hard to come by.

- No rap music or any of that crap in it, which I like. They use very nice mixes of western and rock, where appropriately needed. It makes you get a great feel for the Wild West.

- There is a multiplayer mode... Looking forward to that. :)

In other words, Fable basically turned into a western.

Grade - A

bubbleheadchief

Liked Posts:
Wife picked up Alan Wake yesterday. I didnt ask her opinion of it yet, but I was very impressed by the graphics when I walked past on my way to get somethign to drink.

whalerhawk

Liked Posts:
[quote name="CLWolf81"]
[quote name="Ymono37"]
[quote name="whalerhawk"]I'm all in on RDR tomorrow. I'm very much looking forward to that game.[/quote]You'll have to let us know how this is... I was always a fan of the GTA games because the open-environment made the game fun (and re-playable) even when you didn't do the missions.[/quote]

I have to admit... but I got RDR... and I've never been a fan of the whole GTA thing cause of the whole gangs/prostitutes and crap... Never was. The idea of doing this in a western format, though... its definitely different, and I thought I'd give it a chance, since it would be away from the usual mode of steal car/fuck woman, etc.

So here's how I see it so far:

- Not used to the controls, obviously, since I've never played GTA in my life. They're fairly simple for someone like me. However, from what I've heard you can change them.

- The prostitutes are as funny as they come. Too bad you can't sleep with them, though. "He's married."

- The cutscenes are awesome, even if they're not in the storyline.

- The map is incredibly large and the graphics are beyond incredible. Rockstar did great with that.

- The missions, even the ones off key are easy. There's also assorted ones throughout the world and theres always something to do.

- Money in the game is actually easy to obtain and theres plenty of animals to kill. So if you want that cool new shotgun, its not hard to come by.

- No rap music or any of that crap in it, which I like. They use very nice mixes of western and rock, where appropriately needed. It makes you get a great feel for the Wild West.

- There is a multiplayer mode... Looking forward to that. :)

In other words, Fable basically turned into a western.

Grade - A[/quote]

Great review. I'm glad you posted it because school and family considerations were going to postpone my purchase of this game for about a month or so. I really won't have time to game much until Mid-June.

CLWolf81

Fan Captain
Liked Posts:
[quote name="whalerhawk"]Great review. I'm glad you posted it because school and family considerations were going to postpone my purchase of this game for about a month or so. I really won't have time to game much until Mid-June.[/quote]

Much appreciated. I might as well do game reviews since I do run my own "gaymer group", so to speak (Basically a group that caters to LGBTs playing video games and such in group discussions.). Only thing is, I'd be buying games galore if I did. I'm still not done with FFXIII yet for the complete whore points, even though I hated it. Same for Super Street Fighter IV... but I was so-so on it. Wish they made the controls more "new timer" friendly. All I know is how to play with Ryu/Ken/Akuma and Cammy, and thats due to the fact the moves are the same and the super moves are tough to do.

Forgot to mention about this with RDR... Hunting is pretty fun in the game, though it might be repetitive at times to some that just prefer storyline. I prefer more of the RPG concepts, of course, when it comes to storyline so I am likely to do quests galore. Of course, you can stray off it doing other missions and stuff, but they somewhat correspond to it... As for the hunting, however, I do it just to hear what the main character says, which is always different. Most are decently comical.

I admit, even I'm pretty addicted with the game for a first timer to the "action" genre, but it also relates with adventure. Its the first thing I started when I got the 360 turned on.

Haven't done the multiplayer mode yet, but I'm hearing rave reviews on it. Plus, if you sign up with the Rockstar Social Club (free), you get a new snazzy outfit.

I also heard about something with glitches, which is why Rockstar delayed the release date with this game. So far so good, no glitches to report.

All in all I love what they did with this game.

Chief Walking Stick

Heeeh heeeeh he said POLES
Donator
Liked Posts:
Red Dead Redemption is awe inspiring to say the least... the single player is just incredible so far. Rockstar really hit a home run with this game.

CLWolf81

Fan Captain
Liked Posts:
[quote name="Stu Grimson"]Red Dead Redemption is awe inspiring to say the least... the single player is just incredible so far. Rockstar really hit a home run with this game.[/quote]

I agree with this. GTA-style games are nowhere near my genre-style. I'm more of an RPG nut mainly going for storyline and exploration, which I can do a lot of. And for me to even like it, you know it has to be good.

supraman

Liked Posts:
I have to be honest so far I'm very unimpressed with RDR. I still haven't given up on it, maybe I have to get a bit further in but so far I get bored with it quickly. But on the other hand i couldn't stop playing GTAIV or Vice City, or San Andreas. I wish I could explain why, but I can't I just seem to get bored extremely quick in RDR.

CLWolf81

Fan Captain
Liked Posts:
[quote name="supraman"]I have to be honest so far I'm very unimpressed with RDR. I still haven't given up on it, maybe I have to get a bit further in but so far I get bored with it quickly. But on the other hand i couldn't stop playing GTAIV or Vice City, or San Andreas. I wish I could explain why, but I can't I just seem to get bored extremely quick in RDR.[/quote]

You have the option to skip the whole frontier parts, cause the world is LARGE. Just set up your campsite and travel wherever.

I prefer the hunting parts of it. I can make money for my shotguns/new horses/whatever. I even shot a bird today... Just to let you know, you're better off not wasting bullets for the amount of money they give you, unless you're lucky enough to get a Hawk. Hawk feathers are $6 per, and you can get 4 per.