Lebron James To The Miami Heat (Joins Wade/Bosh)

Chief Walking Stick

Heeeh heeeeh he said POLES
Donator
Liked Posts:
<I know there aren't a lot of Basketball fans out there but a Free Agent of this caliber is the equivalent to Peyton Manning/Albert Pujols/Alex Ovechkin/Jonathan Toews all becoming free agents and possibly changing teams>

That being said, the Cavs fired coach Mike Brown.

Teams James Could End Up On:

Chicago Bulls

Miami Heat

New Jersey Nets

New York Knocks

Los Angeles Clippers

Well guess what? Chris Bosh has 5 teams he'd be willing to waive his no trade clause for, can you guess which ones?

All of these teams I believe could afford both James and Bosh.

<RK, the last time I made this thread it was all about the Bulls... since new stuff has come out I added more general NBA info in here>

sth

Liked Posts:
Re: The LeBron James Sweepstakes

I used to say LBJ was the NBA's Cindy Crosby. Because of all the hype and attention. But Crosby actually won a cup. Maybe Leeebron is the Alex Ovetchkin of the NBA. :lol:

Chief Walking Stick

Donator
Liked Posts:

[quote name="sth"]I used to say LBJ was the NBA's Cindy Crosby. Because of all the hype and attention. But Crosby actually won a cup. Maybe Leeebron is the Alex Ovetchkin of the NBA. :lol:[/quote]

Kind of sucks when it's you against the world, doesn't it? If James has ONE bad game, the team loses as evident in this year's playoffs.

Give him Rose/Deng/Noah and it's a wrap. Not to mention Chris Bosh is basically going wherever James does.

You should compare Crosby to Kobe (and Shaq/Malkin).

sth

Liked Posts:

I know but I'm a Lakers fan so I want to compare Kobe to Toews. Minus the false rape accusations. I would love Toews to earn as many titles as Kobe.

the canadian dream

Liked Posts:

okay i have been on basketball time out for a while now. used to be a huuuuge bulls fan (shocker). and yes that was even before the jordan man came to town so save the wagon jumper shit lol.

anyways the nba turned me off years back. I am starting to slowly watch a bit more though here and there.

For those who do watch still religiously what are the actual odds that LJ would sign with the Bulls. And who are the actual teams you think he will sign with? And why is it that the Cavs have no chance of resigning him?

Chief Walking Stick

Donator
Liked Posts:

[quote name="the canadian dream"]okay i have been on basketball time out for a while now. used to be a huuuuge bulls fan (shocker). and yes that was even before the jordan man came to town so save the wagon jumper shit lol.

anyways the nba turned me off years back. I am starting to slowly watch a bit more though here and there.

For those who do watch still religiously what are the actual odds that LJ would sign with the Bulls. And who are the actual teams you think he will sign with? And why is it that the Cavs have no chance of resigning him?[/quote]

A) If he doesn't re-sign in Cleveland Chicago is the front runner from EVERYTHING I've heard. I listen to The Score or ESPN 1000 basically all day at work so I am pretty up to date. Other than the Bulls... The Knicks/Heat are likely destinations.

B) Well they fired their coach maybe to make way for Coach Calipari to coach the Cavs (which is the coach that James really like). Other than that, the Cavs are as good as they're going to be... I think LeBron wants a true winner... he wants the rings. If he has one bad game, the Cavs shit the bed and lose... he IS THEIR WHOLE TEAM!

bookjones

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

LeBron or D-Wade sign here, Bulls win the Championship in two seasons (barring injuries naturally). Bank on it.

As for LeBron, everything I have been reading seems to have Cleveland having better odds now than say a few weeks ago---they can re-sign him for even more money than the Bulls or Knicks can and those two can sign him for a lot. LeBron does seem to want money and yet I do honestly believe he wants to hoist the trophy too after years of just making bank. They've fired the coach, perhaps they are finally willing to get some serious pieces to help him out although IMO, the Bulls are already a more complete package to offer him in terms of competing seriously for the Championship. NYC IMO, is mostly just doing a massive PR blitz with Bloomberg and their celebs and general civic blustering---they know they aren't as complete as say the Bulls in terms of getting LeBron to the Finals the fastest. Their big selling point is that, "It's NYC!". . .admittedly though it was clever when they offered to have the Bronx become LeBronx, lol. I've read some articles where many pundits are telling him to avoid Chicago like the plague if for no other reason than he would not want to live under the awesome glare of MJ's legacy at the UC/in Chicago, that he should forge his own legacy in some place neutral or preferably just stay in CLE and give them another chance to right the ship and finally cement his hometown legacy there.

I personally think there may be something to the talk about D-Wade trying to convince him that they both should to be with the Heat. Good lord but can you imagine that tandem? That's like some potential nuclear shit on the court! And can I just say, I did NOT appreciate D-Wade's snippy comments to the press a few weeks ago "warning" LeBron (and others) that the Bulls may not be the most loyal organization because ya know, obviously since MJ and Scotty aren't in management positions at present---GMAFB. Glad he had to backtrack once he was taken to task and called out publicly. Way to talk out of your ass D-Wade about shit you haven't a clue on.

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:

Izzo turned down the Cavs job and it's a good bet because Lebron isn't going to be there.

Chief Walking Stick

Donator
Liked Posts:

[quote name="bookjones"]LeBron or D-Wade sign here, Bulls win the Championships in two seasons (barring injuries naturally). Bank on it.

As for LeBron, everything I have been reading seems to have Cleveland having better odds now than say a few weeks ago---they can re-sign him for even more money than the Bulls or Knicks can and those two can sign him for a lot. LeBron does seem to want money and yet I do honestly believe he wants to hoist the trophy too after years of just making bank. They've fired the coach, perhaps they are finally willing to get some serious pieces to help him out although IMO, the Bulls are already a more complete package to offer him in terms of competing seriously for the Championship. NYC IMO, is mostly just doing a massive PR blitz with Bloomberg and their celebs and general civic blustering---they know they aren't as complete as say the Bulls in terms of getting LeBron to the Finals the fastest. Their big selling point is that, "It's NYC!". . .admittedly though it was clever when they offered to have the Bronx become LeBronx, lol. I've read some articles where many pundits are telling him to avoid Chicago like the plague if for no other reason than he would not want to live under the awesome glare of MJ's legacy at the UC/in Chicago, that he should forge his own legacy in some place neutral or preferably just stay in CLE and give them another chance to right the ship and finally cement his hometown legacy there.

I personally think there may be something to the talk about D-Wade trying to convince him that they both should to be with the Heat. Good lord but can you imagine that tandem? That's like some potential nuclear shit on the court! And can I just say, I did NOT appreciate D-Wade's snippy comments to the press a few weeks ago "warning" LeBron (and others) that the Bulls may not be the most loyal organization because ya know, obviously since MJ and Scotty aren't in management positions at present---GMAFB. Glad he had to backtrack once he was taken to task and called out publicly. Way to talk out of your ass D-Wade about shit you haven't a clue on.[/quote]

Tom Izzo turned down the Cavs job to stay at Michigan State. Now WHY WOULD HE DO THAT?!?!

Sources say because Izzo had a sitdown with LeBron and he hinted that he was packing his bags... now it's not like he said "I'm leaving Cleveland" but the fact that it left Izzo unsure is a huge tell.

James is out of Cleveland as far as I'm concerned and the Bulls need to make every effort to sign one of the other big FAs as soon as FA period starts to let LeBron know they're serious.

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:

Man, I'm 2 for two in beating people to the punch today.

Chief Walking Stick

Donator
Liked Posts:

[quote name="MassHavoc"]Man, I'm 2 for two in beating people to the punch today.[/quote]

Fuck you Mass... I wish your Burish puck would have melted!

bookjones

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

[quote name="Stu Grimson"]

Tom Izzo turned down the Cavs job to stay at Michigan State. Now WHY WOULD HE DO THAT?!?!

Sources say because Izzo had a sitdown with LeBron and he hinted that he was packing his bags... now it's not like he said "I'm leaving Cleveland" but the fact that it left Izzo unsure is a huge tell.

James is out of Cleveland as far as I'm concerned and the Bulls need to make every effort to sign one of the other big FAs as soon as FA period starts to let LeBron know they're serious.[/quote]

Eh, I still think a lot is dependent on them doing or bringing in whoever LeBron will be happy with in terms of coaching and teammates---molding the team around what he'd like in order to stay. My personal hunch say when CLE was ousted from the Playoffs was that he was outta there but then they fired the coach and that seemed to be a statement that they were just beginning to do whatever it takes to keep LBJ. I still personally lean heavily towards thinking he's gonna go but I also like to remind myself that the lure and pull of being a true homegrown, hometown LEGEND is probably intense. The guy's never had to leave his town and that town is dependent on him in many ways---I can't see how that doesn't weigh on him to some degree.

ETA: Oh but I wholeheartedly agree that come the deadline the Bulls need to do everything in terms of being free agency sodomized to land him! :lol:

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:

[quote name="bookjones"]

Eh, I still think a lot is dependent on them doing or bringing in whoever LeBron will be happy with in terms of coaching and teammates---molding the team around what he'd like in order to stay. My personal hunch say when CLE was ousted from the Playoffs was that he was outta there but then they fired the coach and that seemed to be a statement that they were just beginning to do whatever it takes to keep LBJ. I still personally lean heavily towards thinking he's gonna go but I also like to remind myself that the lure and pull of being a true homegrown, hometown LEGEND is probably intense. The guy's never had to leave his town and that city burg is dependent on him in many ways---I can't see how that doesn't weigh on him to some degree.[/quote]

I believe they have the opportunity to sign him to more than others because of the hometown deal, but I don't believe they have near the cap space of the other teams in the running, and thus can't afford to pay other big name players to come in.

bookjones

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

[quote name="MassHavoc"]

I believe they have the opportunity to sign him to more than others because of the hometown deal, but I don't believe they have near the cap space of the other teams in the running, and thus can't afford to pay other big name players to come in.[/quote]

No one can pay him more than CLE. Although the Bulls and Knicks can pay him the upper echelon, CLE can counter and pay him up to $30 million more than other offers and it's my understanding they've intentionally left cap space for him the past few years precisely because of his looming free agency. That being said, CLE pays him the moon and then of course the vicious circle starts again because they likely won't have the money to bring in the supporting stars he needs to win the Championship.

Chief Walking Stick

Donator
Liked Posts:

[quote name="bookjones"]

No one can pay him more than CLE. Although the Bulls and Knicks can pay him the upper echelon, CLE can counter and pay him up to $30 million more than other offers and it's my understanding they've intentionally left cap space for him the past few years precisely because of his looming free agency. That being said, CLE pays him the moon and then of course the vicious circle starts again because they likely won't have the money to bring in the supporting stars he needs to win the Championship.[/quote]

What people fail to realize is even though he'd take a "pay cut" signing in Chicago the endorsements would be astronomical and trump Cleveland by a WIDE margin.

bookjones

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

[quote name="Stu Grimson"]

What people fail to realize is even though he'd take a "pay cut" signing in Chicago the endorsements would be astronomical and trump Cleveland by a WIDE margin.[/quote]

No one's failing to realize that---LeBron comes to Chicago = HE OWNS THIS GODDAMN TOWN. Period. Chicago is allowed to pay him nothing short of a king's ransom so it's not like he is gonna be low-balled in any rhyme or fashion.

I'm just crossing my fingers that 1) LeBron is just cocky enough to want to take on the MJ legacy at the UC and that 2) Reinsdorf lets the fiscal floodgates run open, heh!

Chief Walking Stick

Donator
Liked Posts:

[quote name="bookjones"]

No one's failing to realize that---LeBron comes to Chicago = HE OWNS THIS GODDAMN TOWN. Period. Chicago is allowed to pay him nothing short of a king's ransom so it's not like he is gonna be low-balled in any rhyme or fashion.

I'm just crossing my fingers that 1) LeBron is just cocky enough to want to take on the MJ legacy at the UC and that 2) Reinsdorf lets the fiscal floodgates run open, heh![/quote]

FOR WHAT ITS WORTH: Ever since I saw him practicing in the Playoffs with #6 I said... "well LeBron will be a Bull next year... he's getting his number ready to hang in the rafters next to MJ...." #6 as in 6 championships MJ had. Kind of poetic if you ask me.

James + Rose > Jordan + Pippen

Jordan is the greatest player ever... but the James + Rose pairing definitely takes the cakes and for MANY years to come.

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:

[quote name="bookjones"]

No one can pay him more than CLE. Although the Bulls and Knicks can pay him the upper echelon, CLE can counter and pay him up to $30 million more than other offers and it's my understanding they've intentionally left cap space for him the past few years precisely because of his looming free agency. That being said, CLE pays him the moon and then of course the vicious circle starts again because they likely won't have the money to bring in the supporting stars he needs to win the Championship.[/quote]

Yes, this is what I said, Cleveland can pay him more than other teams because of the hometown exemption, but they don't have as much cap room as the other teams do which means they won't be able to sign any other high caliber players like the other teams will be, say a Joe Johnson or someone like that and they won't have Rose.[quote name="bookjones"]

I'm just crossing my fingers that 1) LeBron is just cocky enough to want to take on the MJ legacy at the UC and that 2) Reinsdorf lets the fiscal floodgates run open, heh![/quote]And what you fail to realize is that this will still be Jordan's town. Everything he does, ever game he plays he will be compared to Jordan until he does something that will get him a statue next to the MJ statue. And that would be win 7 NBA championships. If he comes here and doesn't live upto that, his whole career could be looked at as a failure because people have such high hopes of him and hold him in such high regard and he will be constantly scrutinized.

bookjones

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

[quote name="MassHavoc"]

And what you fail to realize is that this will still be Jordan's town. Everything he does, ever game he plays he will be compared to Jordan until he does something that will get him a statue next to the MJ statue. And that would be win 7 NBA championships. If he comes here and doesn't live upto that, his whole career could be looked at as a failure because people have such high hopes of him and hold him in such high regard and he will be constantly scrutinized.[/quote]

Simmer down. I didn't fail to realize anything. You read WAY too much into that statement. . .as in I was talking clearly about a future tense scenario wherein if he comes here he will own this town while here. As in more than Urlacher, more than Cutler and so on. I didn't say jack about him supplanting MJ's legacy other than supposing that trying to do so might be an angle that lures him to town from a gifted cocky athlete aspect. Trust, I do NOT need to be schooled about MJ's pre-eminent importance and place in basketball, team sport, or Chicago. Did I not say in an earlier post that some articles I had read were pretty much warning him of the pitfalls of coming to Chicago for precisely the reasons you stated? I selfishly hope he ignores (or chooses to take it on, whichever one prefers) the MJ legacy warnings because I just plain want him here and think the Bulls will return to Championship prominence if he comes but there's no way I'd start bullshit prognosticating as to whether they could have a dynastic reign equal to MJ's era Bulls let alone surpass it.

Chief Walking Stick

Donator
Liked Posts:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ulaajvJQFqU[/youtube]