Screwed up tunes?

Not sure if anyone else has noticed but during both pre skates there has been the most GOD AWFUL, canned music I have ever heard at a hockey game. Only in the Finals has it been like this.

So I guess the question is; During the Finals the NHL has basically taken over the building. Does this mean they have the SHITTY music blaring as well? I mean shit, it's fucking horrible......

bubbleheadchief

Liked Posts:
Couldn't tell you....I was playing Rock Band 2 with my son until about 10 minutes before the game.

whiteevo

Liked Posts:
i wondered what was going on saturday night. all of the sudden i started hearing eminem and was like what the fuck, this is not normal.

Buryit Toews

Liked Posts:
Both Saturday and Monday included the same songs, songs we have never used throughout the regular season and playoffs. The Eminem song that we come out to now is also the same song that is used in the Stanley Cup promo before we come out. My guess is the pregame music is decided on by the NHL, or Dustin Byfuglien. :dance:

jakobeast

Liked Posts:
Boy howdy, thats some shitty music right there.

BiscuitintheBasket

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
[quote name="Buryit Toews!"]Both Saturday and Monday included the same songs, songs we have never used throughout the regular season and playoffs. The Eminem song that we come out to now is also the same song that is used in the Stanley Cup promo before we come out. My guess is the pregame music is decided on by the NHL, or Dustin Byfuglien. :dance:[/quote]

If it was Buff there would have been some 50 cent...or perhaps he was picking for the white male crowd and thought that Eminem would fit better...I wonder if he had his choice in Canada if he would choose Snow to cater to that white male crowd.

In any case, I could hear that crap in the Stadium Club, so I could tell they were really cranking it up as well.

Maiden

Liked Posts:
It is ridiculously too loud that's for sure. The pregame this entire season has been too loud and the music shall I say "not so good" in the games I've been too.

fanof19

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
shitty and so loud you couldn't hear what it was they were actually playing

bubbleheadchief

Liked Posts:
I understand that the NHL wants to market it's product, but taking over and dictating (if true) what the arena plays during the finals. That is taking it too far.

cheps_oner

Liked Posts:
I too voiced my disgust for that horrible pre-game music and its only been in the finals. It was all rap and hip-hop. I thought I was at a Bulls game for 15 minutes.

-cheps oner

Buryit Toews

Liked Posts:
[quote name="BiscuitintheBasket"]

If it was Buff there would have been some 50 cent...or perhaps he was picking for the white male crowd and thought that Eminem would fit better...I wonder if he had his choice in Canada if he would choose Snow to cater to that white male crowd.

In any case, I could hear that crap in the Stadium Club, so I could tell they were really cranking it up as well.[/quote]

The only reason I brought up Buff was because of how much he clearly likes the pregame music. Dancing and signing along, that was actually pretty entertaining to watch, but PASS on the music, come on.

BiscuitintheBasket

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
[quote name="Buryit Toews!"]

The only reason I brought up Buff was because of how much he clearly likes the pregame music. Dancing and signing along, that was actually pretty entertaining to watch, but PASS on the music, come on.[/quote]

I was just making light of your comment about Buff, but yea he does get into the pre-game music and it is entertaining to watch sometimes. He need's to crack out that Buffy-spin that he had when he scored 4 goals and was the #1 star against PHX a few season ago. LOL.

Buryit Toews

Liked Posts:
[quote name="BiscuitintheBasket"]

I was just making light of your comment about Buff, but yea he does get into the pre-game music and it is entertaining to watch sometimes. He need's to crack out that Buffy-spin that he had when he scored 4 goals and was the #1 star against PHX a few season ago. LOL.[/quote]

Now that would be entertaining, the NHL could turn it into a commerical... "What if the NHL didn't tell teams what music to play during warmups, maybe"

BiscuitintheBasket

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
[quote name="Buryit Toews!"]

Now that would be entertaining, the NHL could turn it into a commerical... "What if the NHL didn't tell teams what music to play during warmups, maybe"[/quote]

:lol: :lol:

CLWolf81

Fan Captain
Liked Posts:
[quote name="R K"]Not sure if anyone else has noticed but during both pre skates there has been the most GOD AWFUL, canned music I have ever heard at a hockey game. Only in the Finals has it been like this.

So I guess the question is; During the Finals the NHL has basically taken over the building. Does this mean they have the SHITTY music blaring as well? I mean shit, it's fucking horrible......[/quote]

Yep thats how things go... I remember it being like that out west too. Its typical at any NHL venue to do this anyway... Its to cater to the "bandwagoners" if you know what I mean...

JTalarico328

Liked Posts:
I didn't mind it. The entire building has a "different" feel for Cup games, and I thought the different music just played into that. The music wasn't exactly good, but its no worse than the Nickelback-type shit they usually play.

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
I don't know nothing about the pre-skate but I clearly heard "Killin in the name of" when the PK came on. AND THAT MY FRIENDS WAS AWESOME.

IceHogsFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Some of the music I really enjoy. The rest, well, I am enjoying the ride.......

I will say this, the guy who dances to the Dropkick Murphy's tune knows his shit!

That dude can act and dance. He really fires up the crowd. I looked over at RK

(the guy is in his section but the other aisle) and saw the look on his face. I am

sure he was thinking about how he would rather be chatting with Vince. :D

fanof19

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
[quote name="IceHogsFan"]Some of the music I really enjoy. The rest, well, I am enjoying the ride.......

I will say this, the guy who dances to the Drop Dead Murphy tune knows his shit!

That dude can act and dance. He really fires up the crowd. I looked over at RK

(the guy is in his section but the other aisle) and saw the look on his face. I am

sure he was thinking about how he would rather be chatting with Vince. :D[/quote]

he's a trader at the Board of Trade. They say that someone will play music and they guy just busts out a dance on the floor.

IceHogsFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
[quote name="fanof19"]

he's a trader at the Board of Trade. They say that someone will play music and they guy just busts out a dance on the floor.[/quote]

It take gohanes that is for sure!