"We could lose a bunch of games early"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fred

Liked Posts:
Read this in the KC Johnson article about Captains:

"We could lose a bunch of games early," Deng said. "But you can always tell how you're going to be by the way you play. How we approach games and the chemistry of the team and how unselfish we are can tell a lot. We've started slowly before. I think we have the right mix of people to succeed."http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/sns-200910211952mctnewsservbc-bkn-bulls-tb58510oct,0,1585661.story

Anyone bothered this comment? Maybe I'm making something out of nothing, but "We could lose a bunch of games early" is something you should never say. Especially from the mouth of our likely captain. Am I out of line here?

RPK

Liked Posts:
Re:

Fred wrote:
Read this in the KC Johnson article about Captains:

"We could lose a bunch of games early," Deng said. "But you can always tell how you're going to be by the way you play. How we approach games and the chemistry of the team and how unselfish we are can tell a lot. We've started slowly before. I think we have the right mix of people to succeed."http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/sns-200910211952mctnewsservbc-bkn-bulls-tb58510oct,0,1585661.story

Anyone bothered this comment? Maybe I'm making something out of nothing, but "We could lose a bunch of games early" is something you should never say. Especially from the mouth of our likely captain. Am I out of line here?

It certainly doesn't install much confidence. I know what he's basically trying to say is that he feels the chemistry is good and that it's not about how you start, it's how you finish. Unfortunately, there's that little matter of home court which really is vital in a close playoff series, and "losing a bunch of games early" will guarantee a first or second round loss more often times then not.

jsain360

Liked Posts:
I'm very disturbed by that statement, you have to believe you can out win, winners think they can win all the time, it doesn't matter how better antoher player of team is. You always have to think positive, think you're going to win, think you're passing that test, get job, promotion, house, car, etc. That how winners/sucessful people think.

Deng was being a realist, but in sports you can't be a realist, you have to be an optimist, I bet the Titans still think they're going to make the playoffs, and we all know they have no shot in hell.

I like Deng, but IMO, that was a loser statement!!

houheffna

Ignoring Idiots
Liked Posts:
I am not at all surprised by that statement. They face San Antonio, Boston and Clevland, before they go out west, I think Deng is being realistic.

Fred

Liked Posts:
Re:

jsain360 wrote:
I'm very disturbed by that statement, you have to believe you can out win, winners think they can win all the time, it doesn't matter how better antoher player of team is. You always have to think positive, think you're going to win, think you're passing that test, get job, promotion, house, car, etc. That how winners/sucessful people think.

Deng was being a realist, but in sports you can't be a realist, you have to be an optimist, I bet the Titans still think they're going to make the playoffs, and we all know they have no shot in hell.

I like Deng, but IMO, that was a loser statement!!

Amen. I highly doubt Rose would say something like that. I highly doubt Rose would believe something like that.

houheffna

Ignoring Idiots
Liked Posts:
Re:

He said they could not they would. Its a possibility. A very strong possibility when you look at the schedule. Remember, Deng has been on teams that have lost before. He is just saying that everyone should be aware. From day one they need to handle business, again, there is nothing wrong with him saying that.

JimmyBulls

Liked Posts:
Re:

Deng is pretty much saying, it's not about loses, it's more about playing hard and as a team. He understands they start off against powerhouses and the smart money is most likely on them falling short. But he want guys to still go out there and compete as a team.

On a side note, I do find it funny that the guy that can't create his own offense is always the one crying about team work and team chemistry. WORK ON YOUR BALLHANDLING SKILLS LOULZ.

ChiSoxCity

Liked Posts:
When are Chicago fans going to learn that it's not about winning games, it's about winning championships?

The Bears win lots of games, doesn't mean shit if they don't win the games THAT MATTER and get to the championship game.

Personally, the comment doesn't bother me because it's a possibility. San Antonio is good, it's early and the Bulls are coming off an injury plagued season, so there's a chance they may lose that one. Big deal.

Liked Posts:
lol I thought he said this recently and I was thinking "wtf" but that 09-10 team was pretty weak

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
lol I was like Fred does not post here what the heck is going on xD

The good old Bullspodcasters days...good times

scottiepippen1994

Liked Posts:
I am not at all surprised by that statement. They face San Antonio, Boston and Clevland, before they go out west, I think Deng is being realistic.

True.
Deng understands, that the new star we just added to the roster will take time to get used to.
It may take a while for the team to Gel with our new superstar,Derrick Rose that Bulls aquired this offseason.
Landing a player like Derrick this summer was a good move by GarPax.
My hats off to them.
Adding a player like Rose should change the dynamics of the team by leaps and bounds.

:derbulls:

Status
Not open for further replies.