CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Carolina Hurricanes
  1. Duke Blue Devils
I agree with Martz, making Hester our primary receiver is stupid. Martz needs to step up and inform Lovie of his idiocy.

bossdrb

The Boss
Donator
Liked Posts:
I agree with Martz, making Hester our primary receiver is stupid. Martz needs to step up and inform Lovie of his idiocy.

I mean, he would definitely be better in the slot, but I don't have a problem with him being our primary dude. He's underrated, in my opinion.

Liked Posts:
Hester would get murdered in the slot. Plus he's too damn dumb to learn slot routes.
Hester should be a return guy and that is all. Why did they take what he did better than everybody else and make him do something completely different? It's like telling Tiger Woods he should switch to hockey.
Martz knows that Hester is useless. And too damn dumb.

bossdrb

The Boss
Donator
Liked Posts:
Hester would get murdered in the slot. Plus he's too damn dumb to learn slot routes.
Hester should be a return guy and that is all. Why did they take what he did better than everybody else and make him do something completely different? It's like telling Tiger Woods he should switch to hockey.
Martz knows that Hester is useless. And too damn dumb.

He lead our receiving core in receptions, while injured the last few games. Granted, D.A. wasn't "discovered" at the time, but Hester CAN learn the routes...this is the NFL, if you can't learn routes, you would have never been drafted. He's got way more than straight line speed, he can fly. The slot isn't number 1 corners, he could get open easily.

Lefty

Liked Posts:
He lead our receiving core in receptions, while injured the last few games. Granted, D.A. wasn't "discovered" at the time, but Hester CAN learn the routes...this is the NFL, if you can't learn routes, you would have never been drafted. He's got way more than straight line speed, he can fly. The slot isn't number 1 corners, he could get open easily.

1.) In the context you want to use it, the proper term is "corps" and not "core".

2.) The reports coming out of Halas Hall were that this group of receivers, Hester especially, had definite trouble learning the routes in a simple West Coast set, which is why we saw so many simple Flag and Fly routes last season and why the receivers had so much trouble recognizing that Cutler was in trouble and that that signaled them to break off of their routes and go to him.

3.) Devin Hester is REALLY dumb. Like, REALLY REALLY dumb. I refer you to my second point and ask that you read it again with the caveat that Hester is REALLY dumb and was one of the worst offenders of that point's premise.

bossdrb

The Boss
Donator
Liked Posts:
1.) In the context you want to use it, the proper term is "corps" and not "core".

2.) The reports coming out of Halas Hall were that this group of receivers, Hester especially, had definite trouble learning the routes in a simple West Coast set, which is why we saw so many simple Flag and Fly routes last season and why the receivers had so much trouble recognizing that Cutler was in trouble and that that signaled them to break off of their routes and go to him.

3.) Devin Hester is REALLY dumb. Like, REALLY REALLY dumb. I refer you to my second point and ask that you read it again with the caveat that Hester is REALLY dumb and was one of the worst offenders of that point's premise.

Thanks for the grammar help. And if Hester was dumb and still led us in receptions, what will happen if Martz smartens him up?

Lefty

Liked Posts:
Thanks for the grammar help.

Just trying to help.

And if Hester was dumb and still led us in receptions,

Please stop thinking that someone leading last year's Bears team in receptions was or ever will be the mark of a good or "not Special person" receiver. Just stop.

what will happen if Martz smartens him up?

There's no "smartening up" to be had with Devin Hester. None. Since the Bears have insisted on putting Hester in at WR, the OC has had to dumb down the WEST COAST OFFENSE for ALL of the Bears receivers, Hester especially. Do you understand the significance of that and what it implies that that needed to be done in order for these guys to at least SOMEWHAT understand what to do on the field?

CubbieBlue

Go Cubs Go!
Liked Posts:
Hester just needs to return punts and kickoffs. Other than that he needs to stay off the field. He will never even be good enough to move up to #2 receiver.

Manticore

Liked Posts:
I have no question Hester will make a "solid" reciever,that hits the home run a couple times a year as a wide reciever.Quit hatin' on him.

You_mad_grimace.jpg

bossdrb

The Boss
Donator
Liked Posts:
I have no question Hester will make a "solid" reciever,that hits the home run a couple times a year as a wide reciever.Quit hatin' on him.

You_mad_grimace.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.