Niemis Arbitration

Tater

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Re: Niemi makes me say "NO!"

[quote name="suomistewart"]I could be wrong here, but with Toews' bonus, perhaps their isn't enough "tagging" room or whatever to sign Niemi to extension before July 1st. So filing for arbitration could have been a "group" decision for more negotiation time. Teams can take their players to arbitration as well as the player filing for it, right?[/quote]

Very interesting thought there, definitely something I didn't even consider. I sure hope that is the case.

Could this possibly be some form of collusion from the leagues point of view or does this happen more often then I am aware of?

bierboy

Liked Posts:

[quote name="MassHavoc"]Niemi in the finals. 3.5 GA .880 SV%, I'm not saying I'm just saying. I love the guy, and he brought us the cup...[/quote]

See, THIS I disagree with. Niemi did NOT "bring us the Cup". The TEAM brought us the Cup. I agree with everything else you say, mass. I just don't agree with that statement. If Niemi takes a hike, we can win another Cup with another netminder, plain and simple. This TEAM is just excellent, top to bottom.

IceHogsFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

[quote name="bierboy"]

See, THIS I disagree with. Niemi did NOT "bring us the Cup". The TEAM brought us the Cup. I agree with everything else you say, mass. I just don't agree with that statement. If Niemi takes a hike, we can win another Cup with another netminder, plain and simple. This TEAM is just excellent, top to bottom.[/quote]

With the exception of goalies. Lose Niemi who do you have?

Huet, Crawford and Toivonen in the sysytem right now.

Does that give you warm fuzzies? Certainly does not for me.

FlaHawkFan

Liked Posts:

[quote name="Maiden"]Arbitration usually means "lets meet in the middle" and make it right.

Players agent aims high; management shoots low.

Find common ground somewhere in between and everybody is happy.

Honestly if Niemi is looking for 4.5 mil I might suggest he find that somewhere else.[/quote]

Totally agree. He's not worth that right now. Maybe he can prove he is worth that much by being consistently good over a couple of seasons. But unfortunately, there's always a chance he'll be the next Tim Thomas. Then the Hawks would be stuck with two overpaid goalies. Sorta like last season.

IceHogsFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

Threads like these I enjoy the first few posts and then give up.

The speculations drive me nuts especially when we know only part of

the story. So much is going to happen between now and October.

In them meantime, does it seem like forever since we won the Cup?

It has only been one week from tonight!

roshinaya

fnord
Donator
Liked Posts:

[quote name="suomistewart"]I could be wrong here, but with Toews' bonus, perhaps their isn't enough "tagging" room or whatever to sign Niemi to extension before July 1st. So filing for arbitration could have been a "group" decision for more negotiation time. Teams can take their players to arbitration as well as the player filing for it, right?[/quote]

Well, the talk is that the bonuses to Kane and Toews are eating up all the 10% offseason increase of the cap and therefor the Hawks can't even do the qualifying offers for the RFA's, so they need to move salary before July 1, or they are even more screwed.

bierboy

Liked Posts:

[quote name="IceHogsFan"][/b]

With the exception of goalies. Lose Niemi who do you have?

Huet, Crawford and Toivonen in the sysytem right now.

Does that give you warm fuzzies? Certainly does not for me.[/quote]

Chris, I don't necessarily mean from WITHIN our organ-i-zation.

E Runs

Liked Posts:

Big deal, just because arbitration has been filed doesn't mean it's going to go that far.

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:

[quote name="E Runs"]Big deal, just because arbitration has been filed doesn't mean it's going to go that far.[/quote]

Or that he'll win it.

Larmer83

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

[quote name="R K"]I do not think PK his it A bonus.[/quote]

Is it too much to ask a Hawks beat reporter to pick up the phone and ask Bowman what are the bonus figures for the Dynamic Duo? It's been a week since the Cup win and 5 days since the Conn Smythe bonus was confirmed for Toews.

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:

[quote name="Larmer83"]

Is it too much to ask a Hawks beat reporter to pick up the phone and ask Bowman what are the bonus figures for the Dynamic Duo? It's been a week since the Cup win and 5 days since the Conn Smythe bonus was confirmed for Toews.[/quote]

HOW DARE YOU GOOD SIR! Don't you think the YOUNGEST GM TO EVER WIN A CUP has better things to do with his time than to fiddle around with media, that's what the President of the team is for, he's god deadlines coming DEADLINES I TELLS YA!

the canadian dream

Liked Posts:

Dale has stated that one of his untouchables on the Panthers is prospect goalie Jacob Marstrom. One would think that Dale has an eye on him to be the Panthers future in net. If so I can't see him making a run for Niemi.

Honestly can't see it happening now.

roshinaya

fnord
Donator
Liked Posts:

Well, since Niemi went to arbitration no one will be taking any runs at him. Unless the Hawks deem his demands too high and walk away.

Chief Walking Stick

Heeeh heeeeh he said POLES
Donator
Liked Posts:

[quote name="the canadian dream"]Dale has stated that one of his untouchables on the Panthers is prospect goalie Jacob Marstrom. One would think that Dale has an eye on him to be the Panthers future in net. If so I can't see him making a run for Niemi.

Honestly can't see it happening now.[/quote]

He also said Vokoun is an untouchable.

suomistewart

Liked Posts:

I wonder if it's even true that Niemi, the team, or both have filed for an Arbitration hearing. Hockeybuzz is the only site, that I am aware of, that is even showing that arbitration is pending. I looked through the other teams on hockeybuzz and no one else has filed for arbitration. None of the so called "hockey insiders" have reported it as far as I can tell. With all the doomsday Hawks cap talk around the media, it seems like someone would have reported this by now, if arbitration had indeed been filed. I'm just saying...

bubbleheadchief

Liked Posts:

Do you think that maybe they mean he is Arbitration Eligible? I didn't think they could file anything like that yet.

suomistewart

Liked Posts:

[quote name="bubbleheadchief"]Do you think that maybe they mean he is Arbitration Eligible? I didn't think they could file anything like that yet.[/quote]

No they list him as arbitration pending. here's the key:

UFA = Unrestricted Free Agent

RFA = Restricted Free Agent

RFA* = Arbitration Eligible RFA

ARB = Arbitration Pending

Perhaps it was just a mistake and they meant to label him as "RFA*" instead of "ARB"

[quote name="Larmer83"]

Is it too much to ask a Hawks beat reporter to pick up the phone and ask Bowman what are the bonus figures for the Dynamic Duo? It's been a week since the Cup win and 5 days since the Conn Smythe bonus was confirmed for Toews.[/quote]

I think the only reason Stan said anything was because JT did hit them. Some told tht in the last 4 years only one NHL player his all of his A bonus..Thats how har they are to acheive.

bubbleheadchief

Liked Posts:

[quote name="suomistewart"]

No they list him as arbitration pending. here's the key:

UFA = Unrestricted Free Agent

RFA = Restricted Free Agent

RFA* = Arbitration Eligible RFA

ARB = Arbitration Pending

Perhaps it was just a mistake and they meant to label him as "RFA*" instead of "ARB"[/quote]

Thanks......just not sure I can stomach going to Eks site anymore.