Niemis Arbitration

Re: Niemi makes me say "NO!"

He won't get more than 3 mil.

You'd think he'd get 1.5 more than he currently makes. Shouldn't be a huge problem if so.

If it's true I wonder what the offer was.

Pez68

Fire Quenneville
Liked Posts:

Like RK, I also wonder what the offer was, if he's taking them to arbitration.

jakobeast

Liked Posts:

After the performance he just put on, he absolutely should.

What will be interesting is how the organization handles this. We all know what would happen to RFA's that took the Hawks to arbitration under the old regime.

JOVE23

Liked Posts:

I heard he was asking for $4.5 million

I'm pretty sure Zito is his agent and he's a big fan of Tallon.

Now is when we see how bad the bridges are with Mcdonough. Is Scotty enough to overcome them.

JOVE23

Liked Posts:

[quote name="jakobeast"]We all know what would happen to RFA's that took the Hawks to arbitration under the old regime.[/quote]

This is why there's a slight rumbly in my tumbly.

PatrickSharpRules

Liked Posts:

[quote name="R K"]I'm pretty sure Zito is his agent and he's a big fan of Tallon.

Now is when we see how bad the bridges are with Mcdonough. Is Scotty enough to overcome them.[/quote]

Man would that be funny if Tallon and the Panthers grabbed him. I know Vokoun's a UFA after next season, and was supposedly on the trade block this year. We'll see. Would blow to lose Niemi, but the hockey gods would be laughing their ass off at McD.

[quote name="jakobeast"]After the performance he just put on, he absolutely should.

What will be interesting is how the organization handles this. We all know what would happen to RFA's that took the Hawks to arbitration under the old regime.[/quote]

The old regime does no longer exist. Absolutely none of it other than 2-3 people.

This instance is much different. I hear ya though but that's of no concern either.

[quote name="PatrickSharpRules"]

Man would that be funny if Tallon and the Panthers grabbed him. I know Vokoun's a UFA after next season, and was supposedly on the trade block this year. We'll see. Would blow to lose Niemi, but the hockey gods would be laughing their ass off at McD.[/quote]

Would be sad actually. I'm not worried about Niemi going anywhere.

I also read some where Tallon as a good rookie goalie coming as well.

jakobeast

Liked Posts:

[quote name="R K"]

The old regime does no longer exist. Absolutely none of it other than 2-3 people.

This instance is much different. I hear ya though but that's of no concern either.[/quote]

I am not too concerned either. I am waiting to see how Scooter handles this. I want to see what we are dealing with here management wise. I mean, we know the asshattery that has been going on with us, lets see how they handle the talent.

JOVE23

Liked Posts:

Hopefully this is much ado about nothing, but not a bad first series of posts (again) if I do say so myself...

Scooter or Scotty.....

Next month should be very interesting.

Maiden

Liked Posts:

Arbitration usually means "lets meet in the middle" and make it right.

Players agent aims high; management shoots low.

Find common ground somewhere in between and everybody is happy.

Honestly if Niemi is looking for 4.5 mil I might suggest he find that somewhere else.

Pez68

Fire Quenneville
Liked Posts:

[quote name="Maiden"]Arbitration usually means "lets meet in the middle" and make it right.

Players agent aims high; management shoots low.

Find common ground somewhere in between and everybody is happy.

Honestly if Niemi is looking for 4.5 mil I might suggest he find that somewhere else.[/quote]

Exactly. Right now, he is a flash in the pan, and a one year wonder. He has nothing to base that 4.5 million on, except a good playoff run. A lot of his success has to do with the team in front of him, and 4.5 mil is crazy.

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:

Niemi in the finals. 3.5 GA .880 SV%, I'm not saying I'm just saying. I love the guy, and he brought us the cup, the team in front of him is amazing, but I still think he has a lot to do to get better over all. Next year when he doesn't have quite the team in front of him, his rebound control is going to see his stats regress a bit. I am in no way saying I don't think he should be kept and be our number one. But teams may start to figure him out more as time goes on. YES I KNOW that stats in the WCF series are ridiculous.

roshinaya

fnord
Donator
Liked Posts:

Well, at least he can't get any offer sheets anymore.

suomistewart

Liked Posts:

I could be wrong here, but with Toews' bonus, perhaps their isn't enough "tagging" room or whatever to sign Niemi to extension before July 1st. So filing for arbitration could have been a "group" decision for more negotiation time. Teams can take their players to arbitration as well as the player filing for it, right?

jakobeast

Liked Posts:

[quote name="suomistewart"]I could be wrong here, but with Toews' bonus, perhaps their isn't enough "tagging" room or whatever to sign him to extension before July 1st. So filing for arbitration could have been a "group" decision for more negotiation time. Teams can take their players to arbitration as well as the player filing for it, right?[/quote]

i think so. If it was the Hawks, it was a great move.