- Other

Discuss.

BigP50

04-21-2012
Liked Posts:
Santos, no doubt.

Lefty

Liked Posts:
Thornton is clearly the best and safest option as the "relief ace", meaning he should be brought in during the highest-leverage situations because he is the best at getting people out coming out of the pen. Now, because I have no confidence in Ozzie to 1) know what Leverage is and 2) be able to make the best decisions in given situations, I'll settle for Thornton as the closer, if only because of his ability to get people out.

Mr. Unreasonable

Liked Posts:
They should package Nix, Vizquel, and Kotsay for Mariano Rivera and Phil Hughes. Hughes will be a set-up guy since he can't crack the Sox rotation and Mariano will take over closing duties. Go Sox!

USCChiFan

Crow's Nest
Donator
Liked Posts:
They should package Nix, Vizquel, and Kotsay for Mariano Rivera and Phil Hughes. Hughes will be a set-up guy since he can't crack the Sox rotation and Mariano will take over closing duties. Go Sox!
:notfunny:
:turrible:

BigP50

04-21-2012
Liked Posts:
u have to go with the best player, that is Santos. Unstoppable.

Bernsie's oversized ego

Other.

I say they move Buerhle to the bullpen and give him the job. I mean, it worked for Pinella right?

;)

Lefty

Liked Posts:
u have to go with the best player, that is Santos. Unstoppable.

Actually, Matt Thornton has still been better than Santos this season, posting a 0.735 WHIP in 16.1 innings to Santos' 0.900 in 13.1, and Thornton by far has the better SO/BB ratio, with a mark of 8.67 to Santos' 3.40. They've both been about as lights out as you can get coming out of the pen, but Thornton has been demonstrably better.