Stan Mikita

Variable

Liked Posts:
Yeah well if he played with any other team, I'd think we'd have a slightly different opinion on that. But that's just the way it goes. But with Mikita, I'm not talking about simply not knowing about him, what's there to rip on the guy for? I can't think of anything.

tvltre

Liked Posts:
[quote name="Variable"]Yeah well if he played with any other team, I'd think we'd have a slightly different opinion on that. But that's just the way it goes. But with Mikita, I'm not talking about simply not knowing about him, what's there to rip on the guy for? I can't think of anything.[/quote]

There is nothing I can think of that would have me consider ill will toward Mikita. He has always been a kind person to everyone...not just Hawk/hockey fans.

I only hope the best for him.

DBQHawkFan

Liked Posts:
[quote name="Variable"]Yeah well if he played with any other team, I'd think we'd have a slightly different opinion on that. But that's just the way it goes. But with Mikita, I'm not talking about simply not knowing about him, what's there to rip on the guy for? I can't think of anything.[/quote]

If he played for a different team, I probably wouldn't care. But he played for the Hawks. He is great with the fans. Period.

IceHogsFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
[quote name="DBQHawkFan"]

Hard to say anything bad about Hull unless you are trying to dig up some old bones. He is one of the freindliest ex-Hawk to the fans.[/quote]

You could say the same about Stosh today anyways. The company my father worked for over 30 years was a corporate sponsor with the Blackhawks. My father, who has since passed, and his best friend that I still fish with, tell me that Stosh was one mean SOB back in the day when he drank. Stan said told us two years ago that he has not drank in many a year.

klemmer

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
[quote name="IceHogsFan"]

You could say the same about Stosh today anyways. The company my father worked for over 30 years was a corporate sponsor with the Blackhawks. My father, who has since passed, and his best friend that I still fish with, tell me that Stosh was one mean SOB back in the day when he drank. Stan said told us two years ago that he has not drank in many a year.[/quote]

They're right.

In 4 of his first 6 seasons, he spent over 100 min in the box; in a fifth, he spent 97.

In his 8th season, he had 12 PIM

Kerfuffle

Liked Posts:
On a lighter note I've always wondered if Stan really thinks it still 1973 with those suits he wears or if that's just his marketing / stage act when he's around Hawk fans. I say that in a fun loving way and not being critical.

IceHogsFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
[quote name="Kerfuffle"]On a lighter note I've always wondered if Stan really thinks it still 1973 with those suits he wears or if that's just his marketing / stage act when he's around Hawk fans. I say that in a fun loving way and not being critical.[/quote]

I love it. You never get to see the pants with the jacket though.

Could you just here his wife when he throws on of those outfits?

Every once in awhile he has the whole suit going.

The Yellow pants and Jacket are pretty out there.

Tater

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
[quote name="R K"]Every once in awhile he has the whole suit going.

The Yellow pants and Jacket are pretty out there.[/quote]

I think it's an "Eastern European" thing.

I have several older Polish/Slovak relative that dress in a similar way.

IceHogsFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
[quote name="E Runs"]He's like the Slavoc version of Don Cherry.[/quote]

Nice!

EspoForever

Liked Posts:
[quote name="Variable"]What could they even say about Mikita? Bobby Hull I could understand.[/quote]

They were saying he was a egotistical jerk. I was speechless to imagine how someone draws that conclusion. They were ID-ten-t's. (That is ID10T in case they are reading this thread...grin.)

IceHogsFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
[quote name="EspoForever"]

They were saying he was a egotistical jerk. I was speechless to imagine how someone draws that conclusion. They were ID-ten-t's. (That is ID10T in case they are reading this thread...grin.)[/quote]

Is that like a ra tard?

jaxhawksfan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
[quote name="IceHogsFan"]

Is that like a ra tard?[/quote]

Hey, take it easy there with the language. We prefer to just simply call them tards nowadays.

wetcoasthawk65

Liked Posts:
[quote name="Mikita's Helmet"]
[quote name="EspoForever"]

For me, Mikita is the Hawks! He bleeds Hawks blood.

Me too, Stosh is my fave Hawk of all time

Tim

Liked Posts:
[quote name="R K"]Every once in awhile he has the whole suit going.

The Yellow pants and Jacket are pretty out there.[/quote]

That multicolor plaid madras suit coat from the 60's is the balls.

bookjones

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
[quote name="Tim"]

That multicolor plaid madras suit coat from the 60's is the balls.[/quote]

That's because Stosh is THE SHIT. PERIOD. Unlike mere Joe Schmoe mortals, he can roll like that and make what would otherwise be a garish ultra-preppy 60's resortwear throwback fashion no-no, a YES-YES!

Also, anyone have any further update on how he's doing now? I hope his recovery has been proceeding without complications and that's he's feeling better.

esbrechtel

Liked Posts:
For those wondering on his health I saw Mikita this weekend at my Uncles Wake. He is doing great now.