Turco Signed (1Y,1.3M), Hawks walk away from Niemi.

Buryit Toews

Liked Posts:
Lots about to go down tomorrow. Can't post a link because I can't find anything in print, but I just saw it....

Bye Bye Niemi?

Not sure of the amount of years for Turco, but apparently he is a Hawk. Edit, 1 year deal.

Re: WGN Reporting Turco signed for $1.75 per. Niemi also si

You have to think Roans buddy Mcdonough has been talking to him for Dan Roan, know nothing about hockey, to get the scoop.

It was all over the convention yesterday they've already come to an agreement with Turco.

winos5

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

Thanks for the memories Niemi. Don't forget to thank Zito. Enjoy the eastern conference. Doubt you have a defense that measures up to Blackhawks in front of you on your next team. Guess we get to see just how good you are in another sweater.

Edit: The Turco signing is all over twitter now.

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:

[quote name="winos5"]Thanks for the memories Niemi. Don't forget to thank Zito. Enjoy the eastern conference. Doubt you have a defense that measures up to Blackhawks in front of you on your next team. Guess we get to see just how good you are in another sweater.[/quote]

He'll be back, they always come back.... /durple.

Buryit Toews

Liked Posts:

[quote name="MassHavoc"]

He'll be back, they always come back.... /durple.[/quote]

If the Turco deal is true it's a GREAT number. $1.75 for him is tremendous.

Maiden

Liked Posts:

This whole fiasco and the way the fans are treating Niemi makes me sick to my stomach.

The son of a bitch won 16 games in the playoffs (including stealing 3 or 4 games) and is being treated like he is Adam Munro for Christ sake. Most of you wouldn't know a dog if it bit you in the ass.

[quote name="Maiden"]This whole fiasco and the way the fans are treating Niemi makes me sick to my stomach.

The son of a bitch won 16 games in the playoffs (including stealing 3 or 4 games) and is being treated like he is Adam Munro for Christ sake. Most of you wouldn't know a dog if it bit you in the ass.[/quote]

I love Niemi. Always have. From the first time his foot stepped on NA Ice I was there.

That said he allowed Zito too make him look like an ass. Most on here know just as much about the game as you or I. Niemi has 64 games NHL experience and just hard balled the Hawks.

Not even contemplating defending the Championship they just acquired. Sorry, that's fucked up.

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:

[quote name="Maiden"]This whole fiasco and the way the fans are treating Niemi makes me sick to my stomach.

The son of a bitch won 16 games in the playoffs (including stealing 3 or 4 games) and is being treated like he is Adam Munro for Christ sake. Most of you wouldn't know a dog if it bit you in the ass.[/quote]

Who? Name one person who says he sucks and we don't want him? If he was signing for 1.75, 2, maybe even 2.5, we'd all be overjoyed. But the fact is he got some bad advice and it's a business so we're sad to see him go, but know it has to happen.

winos5

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

BS.

He's getting treated like a player that went to arbitration for a bigger payday. 1 player does not a team make. I'll take Turco for a cool million less than Niemi every time.

[quote name="MassHavoc"]

Who? Name one person who says he sucks and we don't want him? If he was signing for 1.75, 2, maybe even 2.5, we'd all be overjoyed. But the fact is he got some bad advice and it's a business so we're sad to see him go, but know it has to happen.[/quote]

Three times Wiz has suggested Arbitration. Twice now he was traded because of it. Nature of the beast.

Buryit Toews

Liked Posts:

[quote name="R K"]

I love Niemi. Always have. From the first time his foot stepped on NA Ice I was there.

That said he allowed Zito too make him look like an ass. Most on here know just as much about the game as you or I. Niemi has 64 games NHL experience and just hard balled the Hawks.

Not even contemplating defending the Championship they just acquired. Sorry, that's fucked up.[/quote]

How are WE treating Niemi? An Arbitrator just told the Hawks that they basically can't afford him. It doesn't matter if WE love him or not, I thought Niemi was stellar and won a lot of games for the Hawks and was a member of a SC Winning TEAM. The simple fact is the Hawks can't afford him and still ice a full roster with wiggle room. I'm not going to curse the Hawks, Zito or Niemi, it is what it is. Turco + Crawford in front of that team with that Top 4 should be pretty good.

puckjim

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

[quote name="MassHavoc"]

He'll be back, they always come back.... /durple.[/quote]

Ask RK about purple things. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Maiden

Liked Posts:

I hope he comes back here and sticks it up our ass................

[quote name="Buryit Toews!"]

How are WE treating Niemi? An Arbitrator just told the Hawks that they basically can't afford him. It doesn't matter if WE love him or not, I thought Niemi was stellar and won a lot of games for the Hawks and was a member of a SC Winning TEAM. The simple fact is the Hawks can't afford him and still ice a full roster with wiggle room. I'm not going to curse the Hawks, Zito or Niemi, it is what it is. Turco + Crawford in front of that team with that Top 4 should be pretty good.[/quote]

Sorry we can afford him right now. with the 2.75 million. It would just be very tight with no wiggle room.

Had Niemi taken the 2.2 Million offer they made him two weeks ago he'd still be a Hawk. He was greedy. Plain and simple. He could have signed a one year 2.2 mill contract and proven he wasn't an NHL fluke. He chose NOT TOO!

[quote name="Maiden"]I hope he comes back here and sticks it up our ass................[/quote]

Waaaa.

This coming from someone who was clamoring for them to trade for Turco at the TDL last year, not having confidence in Niemi or Huet.

You crack me up buddy!

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:

[quote name="R K"]

Sorry we can afford him right now. with the 2.75 million. It would just be very tight with no wiggle room.

Had Niemi taken the 2.2 Million offer they made him two weeks ago he'd still be a Hawk. He was greedy. Plain and simple. He could have signed a one year 2.2 mill contract and proven he wasn't an NHL fluke. He chose NOT TOO![/quote]

Don't forget that we knew he'd be getting a raise and even dumped other players to try to get enough room to accomodate him as much as possible as well.

bierboy

Liked Posts:

Get over it Maiden. Niemi (and his agent) decided to leave the Hawks. The organ-i-zation didn't do anything to push him out the door. If anything, they tried like hell to keep him with all the recent moves.

Maiden

Liked Posts:

[quote name="R K"]

Had Niemi taken the 2.2 Million offer they made him two weeks ago he'd still be a Hawk. He was greedy. Plain and simple. He could have signed a one year 2.2 mill contract and proven he wasn't an NHL fluke. He chose NOT TOO![/quote]

Let's cut to the chase shall we.................what is the REAL reason we can't afford Niemi at 2.75 mil? Because we fucked up the Hammer negotiations and Doug Wilson forced our hand. If any of you think 2.75 is too much for Niemi you're dillusional.

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:

[quote name="Maiden"]

Let's cut to the chase shall we.................what is the REAL reason we can't afford Niemi at 2.75 mil? Because we fucked up the Hammer negotiations and Doug Wilson forced our hand. If any of you think 2.75 is too much for Niemi you're dillusional.[/quote]

Technically it's because Toews won the Conn Smythe.

whalerhawk

Liked Posts:

What if the opposite happens and he goes somewhere else and pulls a Steve Mason? The guy has 64 career games and we can't afford that cap number. This isn't about feelings at all. I fucking love Buff but he's gone too. Get over it.