Makarov Signed to a two year deal

Yup. But I wanted to create a new thread.

I'm assuming Hendry is coming in the next day or two.

Rex

Chief Blackcock
Liked Posts:
[quote name="R K"]Yup. But I wanted to create a new thread.

I'm assuming Hendry is coming in the next day or two.[/quote]

thread whore

jakobeast

Liked Posts:
[quote name="Rex"]

thread whore[/quote]

HEEEEEEEEEEYYYYYY!!!

You tell em Rex.

[quote name="jakobeast"]

HEEEEEEEEEEYYYYYY!!!

You tell em Rex.[/quote]

Least I'm not the dumb ass that brought up Chelios "AGAIN".

IceHogsFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
[quote name="Rex"]

thread whore[/quote]

post_whore.gif

Tater

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
[quote name="R K"]

Least I'm not the dumb ass that brought up Chelios "AGAIN".[/quote]

Kelso-BURN.jpg

bookjones

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
MOST excellent news!

Makarov is one of noobs/prospects I am most anxious to to finally see play. Just thinking about all the speed the Hawks possess in their returning players PLUS the supposed exceptional speed of so many of their prospects PLUS the puck-handling abilities of Turco is making me want to squee like a goddamn tween schoolgirl I am so excited! It's like visions of sugar plums dancing in my head for what's in store for us the next few years.

jakobeast

Liked Posts:
[quote name="R K"]

Least I'm not the dumb ass that brought up Chelios "AGAIN".[/quote]

Hey, like I said, it was a thought that popped into my head. I thought some folks would enjoy the discussion. I don't want him, but I wouldn't put it past McD.

As for Makarov, I really want to see what he can do with some seasoned players around him, both teammates and the opposition. The only time I got a good look at him was prospect camp a couple of years ago. You could tell then he was head and shoulders above the other kids. He was a 2 steps ahead of everyone there, and had a cool head. He checked Aliu hard and of course, Aliu went after him, but Makarov showcased his speed and agility. He also let him get up in his face, and Makarov just laughed and off he went.

[quote name="jakobeast"]

Hey, like I said, it was a thought that popped into my head. I thought some folks would enjoy the discussion. I don't want him, but I wouldn't put it past McD.

As for Makarov, I really want to see what he can do with some seasoned players around him, both teammates and the opposition. The only time I got a good look at him was prospect camp a couple of years ago. You could tell then he was head and shoulders above the other kids. He was a 2 steps ahead of everyone there, and had a cool head. He checked Aliu hard and of course, Aliu went after him, but Makarov showcased his speed and agility. He also let him get up in his face, and Makarov just laughed and off he went.[/quote]

Better get that hair growing back fast so those things stop "popping up" in your head!

the canadian dream

Liked Posts:
You who have been tooting the Makarov horn for the last couple years better be right!!

I'm anxious to see this kid play also. Remember getting a very tiny taste 2 years ago. But some of you guys who have seen him in camps etc and have spoken highly of him..I trust your words.

Very happy to hear this news. I have high hopes for this kid.

[quote name="the canadian dream"]You who have been tooting the Makarov horn for the last couple years better be right!!

I'm anxious to see this kid play also. Remember getting a very tiny taste 2 years ago. But some of you guys who have seen him in camps etc and have spoken highly of him..I trust your words.

Very happy to hear this news. I have high hopes for this kid.[/quote]

When I went to the only prospects camp he attended, everyone was there to watch Akim and Beach. Makarov worked his ass off to get noticed and it was obvious the first day of scrimmages he was the best player at camp.

From what I remember and this was roughly 2 years ago, he was a bit on the smaller side, maybe an inch or two bigger then Kaner, but he played as if he was 6'4. He played a North American style game and wasn't your stereotypical Russian player. He was great at back checking and forechecking and never took a shift off. He had great offensive ability and a decent shot. He was also quite physical and I remember him getting on Akim's nerves because of his physical play.

JTalarico328

Liked Posts:
All I know is this kid looked like an NHL superstar at the Rockford training camp scrimmage in 2008 while skating with Toews and Havlat. I remember drooling hoping that would be our top line that season.

Get this kid in training camp and stick him on the top line and just see what happens. Why not?

Chief Walking Stick

Heeeh heeeeh he said POLES
Donator
Liked Posts:
[quote name="jtalarico328"]All I know is this kid looked like an NHL superstar at the Rockford training camp scrimmage in 2008 while skating with Toews and Havlat. I remember drooling hoping that would be our top line that season.

Get this kid in training camp and stick him on the top line and just see what happens. Why not?[/quote]

Because Don Cherry won't like him!

[quote name="TJD"]

When I went to the only prospects camp he attended, everyone was there to watch Akim and Beach. Makarov worked his ass off to get noticed and it was obvious the first day of scrimmages he was the best player at camp.

From what I remember and this was roughly 2 years ago, he was a bit on the smaller side, maybe an inch or two bigger then Kaner, but he played as if he was 6'4. He played a North American style game and wasn't your stereotypical Russian player. He was great at back checking and forechecking and never took a shift off. He had great offensive ability and a decent shot. He was also quite physical and I remember him getting on Akim's nerves because of his physical play.[/quote]

He was quite a bit bigger than Kane. Hit harder and played more of a two way game.

E Runs

Liked Posts:
[quote name="the canadian dream"]You who have been tooting the Makarov horn for the last couple years better be right!!

Very happy to hear this news. I have high hopes for this kid.[/quote]

We will be.

[quote name="R K"]

He was quite a bit bigger than Kane. Hit harder and played more of a two way game.[/quote]

I guess compared to Aliu he seemed a bit smaller. Then again Akim is 6'3 or so.