Hawks bring back Cullimore and others...

Chicago, IL (Sports Network) - The Chicago Blackhawks have signed defenseman Jassen Cullimore to a one-year contract.

In addition, the Stanley Cup champs also inked goaltender Hannu Toivonen and forwards Evan Brophey, Nathan Davis and Hugh Jessiman to one-year deals.

TSN link

Not really huge news, just some depth for Rockford,. Jessiman was an ex-first round pick but never panned out with the Rangers and has bounced around a bit since.

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
[quote name="TJD"]

TSN link

Not really huge news, just some depth for Rockford,. Jessiman was an ex-first round pick but never panned out with the Rangers and has bounced around a bit since.[/quote]

I hope so. I'd be tempted to shoot Bowman in the asshole with a dart gun if Cullimore ever puts on the Indianhead again.

The rest, though I like.

roshinaya

fnord
Donator
Liked Posts:
Old news. Been discussed on the Hawks transaction thread.

[quote name="LordKOTL"]

I hope so. I'd be tempted to shoot Bowman in the asshole with a dart gun if Cullimore ever puts on the Indianhead again.

The rest, though I like.[/quote]

Let me put it this way...

Same price, whom do you use as your 6th defenseman; Scott or Cullimore?

[quote name="roshinaya"]Old news. Been discussed on the Hawks transaction thread.[/quote]

Sorry but it was just confirmed today Rosh according to TSN.

I mainly made this topic to discuss who would you rather have on D; Scott or Cullimore?

roshinaya

fnord
Donator
Liked Posts:
[quote name="TJD"]

Sorry but it was just confirmed today Rosh according to TSN.

I mainly made this topic to discuss who would you rather have on D; Scott or Cullimore?[/quote]

Sure, it just now that the Hawks officially announced the signings, but these signings have been known already for some time. Jus' sayin'. CapGeek seems to have the signings of players really quick.

Kerfuffle

Liked Posts:
[quote name="LordKOTL"]I'd be tempted to shoot Bowman in the asshole with a dart gun if Cullimore ever puts on the Indianhead again.

[/quote]

Thank you - that makes 2 of us. Cullimore is a step backwards to the 05-07 era when the team sucked wind.

[quote name="Kerfuffle"]

Thank you - that makes 2 of us. Cullimore is a step backwards to the 05-07 era when the team sucked wind.[/quote]

FYI like Sopel, Cullimore is probaby one of the Top PKers in the league. He may suck in every other aspect of the game, but PK, one of the best.

Were you a STH when the team "sucked wind"?

Because both Aucoin and Cullimore put pretty good numbers up once they LEFT the Hawks with their respective clubs.

[quote name="R K"]

FYI like Sopel, Cullimore is probaby one of the Top PKers in the league. He may suck in every other aspect of the game, but PK, one of the best.[/quote]

Cullimore I could see being a Sopel type guy for us next year. It's either Culli and Hendry or Scott and Hendry.

That's the only way I'd see him on this team. I'm not a huge Cullimore fan, but that said he has his name on the Stanley Cup.

[quote name="R K"]That's the only way I'd see him on this team. I'm not a huge Cullimore fan, but that said he has his name on the Stanley Cup.[/quote]

Twice.

tvltre

Liked Posts:
[quote name="R K"]

FYI like Sopel, Cullimore is probaby one of the Top PKers in the league. He may suck in every other aspect of the game, but PK, one of the best.

Were you a STH when the team "sucked wind"?

Because both Aucoin and Cullimore put pretty good numbers up once they LEFT the Hawks with their respective clubs.[/quote]

What numbers are you talking about? He played two more years in the NHL with Florida...a freakin door mat of the East.

In 65 games in 07-08 he had 13 points...that is only 6 poitns more than the two years he had here.

in 68 games in 08-09 he had 10 points.

Seriously, he has done squat since leaving but doing what he did best here...sitting on his ass!

oh, and of course, those stats don't include the goals he scored on his own goalie.

noon

Liked Posts:
Scott vs Cullimore? It's a Hobson's choice. But fortunately, I think (I hope) it's not one with which they'll be confronted. I think they'll get their 6th d-man elsewhere (maybe Vishnevskiy, maybe a UFA) and Scott will be carried as a 7th. RK, your point about Culli on the PK is well taken. But I really hope I never see that guy in the Indianhead again.

[quote name="tvltre"]

What numbers are you talking about? He played two more years in the NHL with Florida...a freakin door mat of the East.

In 65 games in 07-08 he had 13 points...that is only 6 poitns more than the two years he had here.

Seriously, he has done squat since leaving but doing what he did best here...sitting on his ass!

oh, and of course, those stats don't include the goals he scored on his own goalie.[/quote]

+/-

and for a 6-7 dman what did you expect. Again both had better numbers away from teh Hawks in roles where they were not expected to be teh TOP pair than here. I didn't know I had to speak in tongue Tony.

[quote name="noon"]Scott vs Cullimore? It's a Hobson's choice. But fortunately, I think (I hope) it's not one with which they'll be confronted. I think they'll get their 6th d-man elsewhere (maybe Vishnevskiy, maybe a UFA) and Scott will be carried as a 7th. RK, your point about Culli on the PK is well taken. But I really hope I never see that guy in the Indianhead again.[/quote]

Oh part of me agrees with that. But if it's a choice between Scott and Cullimore, I'm not sure which I chose.

I agree with you on the fact they will go out and find a #6 elsewhere with the extra money Niemi afforded us.

We all know I'm not a huge Cullimore fan BUT that said this organization put those two guys, Aucoin and Cullimore, in roles far above where they should have been.

Cornflake

Liked Posts:
The fact alone that you're trying to determine how good a player Cullimore is/was by using points as a benchmark clearly shows you don't get the role of a 5/6th d pairing.

His role isn't to put up points on the back end....hell we've got plenty of d talent to do that.

He might be able to play that 6th d role..not sure. We'll see how training camp goes i guess.

tvltre

Liked Posts:
[quote name="R K"]

+/-

and for a 6-7 dman what did you expect. Again both had better numbers away from teh Hawks in roles where they were not expected to be teh TOP pair than here. I didn't know I had to speak in tongue Tony.[/quote]

I may give him the benefit that he is a 6-7 dman...but, hopefully, the Hawks have something else in mind for the 5-6 and Culli is just fodder for Rockford. Since technically he hasn't had a NHL game under his belt in two years.

[quote name="Cornflake"]The fact alone that you're trying to determine how good a player Cullimore is/was by using points as a benchmark clearly shows you don't get the role of a 5/6th d pairing.

His role isn't to put up points on the back end....hell we've got plenty of d talent to do that.

He might be able to play that 6th d role..not sure. We'll see how training camp goes i guess.[/quote]

I was using +/-. I should have been more specific. Other than PK I'd never want to see him on this team. I can remember everyone bitching about Sopel and his speed as well.

Keith-Seabrook

Campbell-Hjarlmarsson

Hendry-

I don't really care who they pair there. Even if it had to be Cullimore I could handle it. Difference is Sopel often played above his slotted pair and that I can NOT see Cullimore doing. EVER!

I'm pretty sure he'll be in Rockford working for the kids. After all he pretty much tought both Seabrook and Keith how to play on the PK.

E Runs

Liked Posts:
[quote name="tvltre"]

oh, and of course, those stats don't include the goals he scored on his own goalie.[/quote]

Points!? C'mon you know Cullimore doesn't score points.

He was +21 however in '07-08.

Let's see everyone said Matt Walker sucked and Brent Sopel sucked yet Q & staff sure got a lot of of them. Now it's Scott and Cullimore who are supposedly useless.

I'll wait and see.

[quote name="E Runs"]

Points!? C'mon you know Cullimore doesn't score points.

He was +21 however in '07-08.

Let's see everyone said Matt Walker sucked and Brent Sopel sucked yet Q & staff sure got a lot of of them. Now it's Scott and Cullimore who are supposedly useless.

I'll wait and see.[/quote]

Too add to your post E, Q has stated that he see's Scott being more then just being a goon. Much like they said about Walker.