Seabrook

Pez68

Fire Quenneville
Liked Posts:
We can argue about this forever, but the reality is, both sides are right about some things, and both sides are wrong about other things. When Seabrook is locked up, none of us are going to be upset. :D

I'm really just playing devil's advocate(something new for me right?) because I haven't talked hockey much lately and was bored. :dance:

Kerfuffle

Liked Posts:
[quote name="IMuser"]

I didn't read the entire thread, but it doesn't require many to widely speculate. An individual can speculate both widely and wildly on a single subject. Speculation is often both wide and wild.

Maybe that is what Kerfuffle was up to.[/quote]

I'm not the one who's quote he's responding to. Re-read.

5Minutes4Fighting

Liked Posts:
My guess is Seabs follows the leader(s) and signs during the season.

At least 4-5 years with a 4.25 mill cap hit.

Trade Bait? good one. Sometimes I wonder if a few of you guys even watch the Blackhawks.

Kane, Toews, and Keith left some money on the table to stay here, and so will Seabs.

-5Minutes

[quote name="Pez68"]We can argue about this forever, but the reality is, both sides are right about some things, and both sides are wrong about other things. When Seabrook is locked up, none of us are going to be upset. :D

I'm really just playing devil's advocate(something new for me right?) because I haven't talked hockey much lately and was bored. :dance:[/quote]

Douche. I missed the banter.

I'm agreeing with 5 minutes for Gods sake!

Pez68

Fire Quenneville
Liked Posts:
[quote name="R K"]

Douche. I missed the banter.

I'm agreeing with 5 minutes for Gods sake![/quote]

You seemed to be getting a little bored. Glad I can help. ;)

whalerhawk

Liked Posts:
[quote name="5Minutes4Fighting"]My guess is Seabs follows the leader(s) and signs during the season.

At least 4-5 years with a 4.25 mill cap hit.

Trade Bait? good one. Sometimes I wonder if a few of you guys even watch the Blackhawks.

Kane, Toews, and Keith left some money on the table to stay here, and so will Seabs.

-5Minutes[/quote]

I love the backhanded stab. Nice one douchewad. Last I checked, Gretzky was traded in his prime and Seabrook is no Gretzky. Again, I never said he was going to be traded or that the Hawks were actively shopping him. I just said they would be fools not to if his asking price was exorbitant. What, exactly, is incorrect about that statement?

[quote name="Pez68"]

You seemed to be getting a little bored. Glad I can help. ;)[/quote]

Well at least your paying attention! :dance:

[quote name="whalerhawk"]

I love the backhanded stab. Nice one douchewad. Last I checked, Gretzky was traded in his prime and Seabrook is no Gretzky. Again, I never said he was going to be traded or that the Hawks were actively shopping him. I just said they would be fools not to if his asking price was exorbitant. What, exactly, is incorrect about that statement?[/quote]

Feel the Love......

Last I checked Gretzky had multiple Cups and played on a DYNASTY team before being traded.... Something Seabrook HAS a chance at.

Just sayin!

IMuser

Liked Posts:
[quote name="Kerfuffle"]

I'm not the one who's quote he's responding to. Re-read.[/quote]

I'm sorry if you're not the one he was responding to, but there is no way I'm reading all this blasphemy and responses to blasphemy.

Seabs is even better than Whitey Stapleton.

supraman

Liked Posts:
Stu,

I think you said Seabs will never win a Norris, don't count him out, it wont be easy and he's a long shot but I see him AT LEAST being a candidate one year.

The rest,

Give him a keith style deal for 500k less and all is well. It says you are extremely valuable but Keith is a bit better. All is happy and we go win more cups.

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
This thread gets my vote for assinine thread of the week.

Besides if they were going to float him as trade bait, don't you think they would have figured out what he was demanding and found a deal before they shipped half the team off this summer? Can you imagine the deals we could have got if we were dangling Seabs out there.

the canadian dream

Liked Posts:
Agents get the media to create trade rumors and/or suggestions that a team might shop a player. Happens in every sport. It creates a higher value for the player. This is advertising at it's best.

Don't read into any trade rumors or thoughts as being real words from the brass. Hawks will resign Seabs with no issues. And I am a betting man that says Seabs doesn't want to leave Chicago anytime soon.

Maiden

Liked Posts:
Ah yes, 4 pages of my dick is bigger than your dick.

Must mean the season is right around the corner.

Is summer over yet?

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Personally, I'd like to see Seabs between 4.25 and 4.75 per until he's 35-36. After that, we can hand him bonus-laden contracts until he retires.

I don't think that a salary and duration for that long would be unreasonable.

Rex

Chief Blackcock
Liked Posts:
Ever look at Keiths +/- when Seabrook is injured? He needs an extension.