Ring and Pendant

JOVE23

Liked Posts:
[quote name="whalerhawk"]What's the protocol on wearing these things? Is it like a claddagh ring where if you have a girlfriend/boyfriend you wear it with the logo facing out vs. facing in?[/quote]

I've never heard this. I just remember the high school "wear my class ring" crap. Of course, nobody ever wore my ring.

[quote name="canucklehead"]for the rings? you wear it so when you punch someone in the face it lives a right-side-up imprint of the hawks logo on their forehead.[/quote]

It's like Ace Ventura all over again!

whalerhawk

Liked Posts:
[quote name="JOVE23"]

I've never heard this. I just remember the high school "wear my class ring" crap. Of course, nobody ever wore my ring.

It's like Ace Ventura all over again![/quote]

For a Claddah ring, you are suppose to wear it on the right hand with the heart facing out if you are single. If you are in a relationship, you wear it on the same hand with the heart facing in, to symbolize that your heart is captured by someone else. Once you get engaged, you are suppose to switch hands and face the heart out, and once you get married, you keep it on the left hand, but face the heart in.

Given that both guys wore the ring with the logo facing out, I guess that's the proper way to wear it.

canucklehead

Liked Posts:
[quote name="whalerhawk"]

For a Claddah ring, you are suppose to wear it on the right hand with the heart facing out if you are single. If you are in a relationship, you wear it on the same hand with the heart facing in, to symbolize that your heart is captured by someone else. Once you get engaged, you are suppose to switch hands and face the heart out, and once you get married, you keep it on the left hand, but face the heart in.

Given that both guys wore the ring with the logo facing out, I guess that's the proper way to wear it.[/quote]

never heard of a claddah ring before... I had to google it just to know what the heck you were talking about:

claddagh-wedding-ring.jpg

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
How in the world have you never heard of the Claddah before?

BlackHawkPaul

Fartbarf
Donator
Liked Posts:
[quote name="MassHavoc"]How in the world have you never heard of the Claddah before?[/quote]

I haven't.

I have to admit, it's a quite absurd tradition.

canucklehead

Liked Posts:
[quote name="MassHavoc"]How in the world have you never heard of the Claddah before?[/quote]

I don't live in Ireland...

also, while being 1/something'th Irish, It's one of the less celebrated ethnicities in my family, especially seeing as my last name is inherently Scottish/English, though my first name is derived from Irish, I think that was more of a coincidence.

BlackHawkPaul

Fartbarf
Donator
Liked Posts:
[quote name="canucklehead"]

I don't live in Ireland...[/quote]

...and none of my family is Irish.

Hey:

Wear a ring this way if you're this.

Wear it that way if you're that.

I bet it looks really nice while they're jerking off some one that's not their boyfriend/husband.

What happens when one of those cute Irish lasses loses a hand in a sewing accident?

whalerhawk

Liked Posts:
I'm not Irish either and neither is anyone in my family, but when you grow up in New England, you can't help but be struck beside the head with the number of people who wear them back in the CT/Boston/RI area. They are quite prolific back east.

canucklehead

Liked Posts:
[quote name="whalerhawk"]I'm not Irish either and neither is anyone in my family, but when you grow up in New England, you can't help but be struck beside the head with the number of people who wear them back in the CT/Boston/RI area. They are quite prolific back east.[/quote]

That area is pretty much new dublin, so i'm not surprised by that. This is still the first time i've ever heard of it (kinda like sweetest day when I moved to Chicago)

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
Lot's of people are not a lot of things and we still know about them... or something.

But anyway, the Claddah is such an old tradition that it's part of culture.

E Runs

Liked Posts:
I've always known of them. Lots of Micks in Chicago, ya know?

roshinaya

fnord
Donator
Liked Posts:
Looking at what the hell a claddagh ring is, I can't help but associate it with goatse, the internet savvy will know what I am talking about, to others, thread on your own risk.

canucklehead

Liked Posts:
[quote name="MassHavoc"]Lot's of people are not a lot of things and we still know about them... or something.

But anyway, the Claddah is such an old tradition that it's part of culture.[/quote]

maybe over there, definitely not anywhere I grew up.

Interesting tid bit and I think a little slight in Dudley.

The Thrashers refused to allow Buff, Sopel, Ladd and Eager to come get their Championship rings. I understand that they had a game that night(which Buff did not even play in), but it's preseason. Both Toronto and Dallas allowed Versteeg and Burish, which is why they were hear and the others were not.

I mean come on that might be something NONE of them ever see again. Why not let them fly in and not play in that preseason game? One game going to make that much of a difference when they don't even count Rick?

Really? Classless move.

fanof19

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
[quote name="R K"]Interesting tid bit and I think a little slight in Dudley.

The Thrashers refused to allow Buff, Sopel, Ladd and Eager to come get their Championship rings. I understand that they had a game that night(which Buff did not even play in), but it's preseason. Both Toronto and Dallas allowed Versteeg and Burish, which is why they were hear and the others were not.

I mean come on that might be something NONE of them ever see again. Why not let them fly in and not play in that preseason game? One game going to make that much of a difference when they don't even count Rick?

Really? Classless move.[/quote]

Classless was that they didn't even invite Tallon.

wetcoasthawk65

Liked Posts:
[quote name="BlackhawkPaul"]

I have to agree.

They do make nice avatars.[/quote]

How can/do I put the "one goal" side for my avatar?

esbrechtel

Liked Posts:
Find a picture of it and shrink it so it is small enough to meet the requirements.

wetcoasthawk65

Liked Posts:
[quote name="esbrechtel"]Find a picture of it and shrink it so it is small enough to meet the requirements.[/quote]

Thx