Money Well Spent

WCulbertson

Grammer Po-Po
Liked Posts:
I don't know about you guys, but I'm thrilled that we have the 3rd highest payroll in the league. Surely we'll be the favorites in our division with all the cash we throw around.

Oh wait, were paying a reliever 18 mil/year. Oh and roughly 40 mil/year to aging corner infielders.

Since Soriano is playing very well, I'll leave his contract out of this for now, but regardless it's outrageous.

Seriously guys, it's May 11, and were 6 games under .500. I'd have to say money well spent.

zack54attack

Bears
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
this sucks.

Lefty

Liked Posts:
At least you have Castro at the prorated minimum, right?

daddies3angels

Is it next year yet?
Donator
Liked Posts:
boys just think NEXT YEAR might be the year

bulldog1205

Liked Posts:
Well, at least the moves this past offseason were much better. Silva has been surprisingly solid and Byrd has been a huge addition.

CubbieBlue

Go Cubs Go!
Liked Posts:
Well, at least the moves this past offseason were much better. Silva has been surprisingly solid and Byrd has been a huge addition.

Yeah that is a bright spot. I didn't expect Silva to pitch this well.

poodski

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I don't know about you guys, but I'm thrilled that we have the 3rd highest payroll in the league. Surely we'll be the favorites in our division with all the cash we throw around.

Oh wait, were paying a reliever 18 mil/year. Oh and roughly 40 mil/year to aging corner infielders.

Since Soriano is playing very well, I'll leave his contract out of this for now, but regardless it's outrageous.

Seriously guys, it's May 11, and were 6 games under .500. I'd have to say money well spent.

Eh it is what it is. If we dont have the money out there now we dont make the playoffs in 07 and 08. So its the nature of the beast.

Zambrano is a sunk cost no matter where he is pitching and the fact of the matter is that the bullpen needed/needs more help than the starters do right now. I fully support Z going to the pen for the short term, because it really doesnt matter where he is pitching he is getting paid, and you shouldnt use a paycheck to justify making the team worse.