NBA 2K10 league for Xbox 360

Kush77

Liked Posts:
We need three guys to help fill out an 8-team league.

Is anyone interested. It will be a league with dependable guys that won't flake out. The teams taken so far are the Bulls, Pistons, Mavs, Clippers and Nets. Yes - the Clippers and Nets.

If someone on here is dead set on the Bulls I can give them up and take someone else. Just post it here and add me to your XBL list if I'm not on there already. Kush77

mlewinth

Liked Posts:
Kush77 wrote:

Is anyone interested. It will be a league with dependable guys that won't flake out. The teams taken so far are the Bulls, Pistons, Mavs, Clippers and Nets. Yes - the Clippers and Nets.

If someone on here is dead set on the Bulls I can give them up and take someone else. Just post it here and add me to your XBL list if I'm not on there already. Kush77

Wait, so I could be any team besides the 5 that you listed? I would be down for it!

maq25060

Liked Posts:
i might just be up for it...i completed 2 82 game leagues in 2k9, but im not sure how dependable i'd be this year as i havent played video games as much...but i'd certainly be interested

and i'd like the hawks

my GT is MAQ25060

EDIT: is this a sim league, or more importantly, a no cheese league? also, what will the settings/minutes be?

Kush77

Liked Posts:
mlewinth wrote:
Kush77 wrote:

Wait, so I could be any team besides the 5 that you listed? I would be down for it!

Yeah, you can take anyone else. Lakers, Celtics, whoever.

Kush77

Liked Posts:
maq25060 wrote:
i might just be up for it...i completed 2 82 game leagues in 2k9, but im not sure how dependable i'd be this year as i havent played video games as much...but i'd certainly be interested

and i'd like the hawks

my GT is MAQ25060

EDIT: is this a sim league, or more importantly, a no cheese league? also, what will the settings/minutes be?

Probably do 7 minute quarters on Superstar level. Whatever level is below Hall of Fame. Standard sliders, I usually don't change much.

I haven't played much 2K10 in the last few weeks so I'm gonna be rusty myself.

I'll add you to my friends list.

Kush77

Liked Posts:
And this is a cheese free league. None of the guys I play cheese. I've been in a bunch of leagues with them before.

Kush77

Liked Posts:
The one guy in the league will be up and running on Xbox Live the weekend of Dec. 4th. So that's when the league will start up. Which works out with the holidays coming. It will give us a chance to get everyone in and ready to go that weekend.

maq25060

Liked Posts:
sweet man...looking forward to playing against you guys

do you have a my player?

Kush77

Liked Posts:
maq25060 wrote:
sweet man...looking forward to playing against you guys

do you have a my player?

Yeah, he blows.

The my player is an awesome feature but they need to make some tweaks so it can be even better.

I'll copy and paste my thoughts that I made in another forum.

I'm enjoying My Player but it makes no sense.

I do the drift combine game and was projected to be drafted by the Bobcats with the 24th pick in the 2nd round. After I import my Player to NBA 2K10 he gets drafted earlier by Milwaukee with the 11th pick in the 2nd round. Great.

So I'm in Bucks Summer League and was the best player. Lead the team in scoring 2 games and rebounding three times. So when it's done I don't get invited to Bucks training camp. WTF?!?!?! Why would a second round pick not be invited to camp? All draft picks are invited to camp, why the hell else would you draft a guy.

The thing that makes it even more puzzling is that I have the opportunity to join the other 29 camps in the NBA. So let me get this straight, I can play in any other camp except the one conducted by the crappy team that drafted me? WTF?

So I decide to join Bulls camp. Make it through the first two days without getting cut. They actually cut Taj Gibson (1st round pick 22 overall) before me. After the third game, where I had a crappy team to play with. Melvin Ely, Kirk Hinrich and Aaron Gray I get cut. Melvin Ely blew about 5 assists for me alone. How that bum didn't get cut before I'll never understand.

Now I'm in the D-League.

Is this designed to automatically send you to the D-League no matter what you do in games? Because I still don't understand why I'm not on the Bucks. Or at least not in their training camp.

I'm also not a fan of the attribute system. Specifically how much the points costs and the small amount of points you receive in drills and games.

But this can be a great feature if they make some tweaks. Especially when they mix in the draft combine XBL game.

Kush77

Liked Posts:
Here's the webpage for our league that will start the weekend of Dec. 4th.

http://community.2ksports.com/community/league/index.cfm?l=234683

Here are the 8 guys in the league:

Kush77 - Chicago Bulls
M1ghtyM1ke 27 - Miami Heat
SilkySpecialK - Detroit Pistons
Killaroids - Dallas Mavericks
Rusty Bennett - New Jersey Nets
MAQ25060 - Atlanta Hawks
Vagington - Portland Trailblazers
Clippergav - Denver Nuggets

MikeMeraz

Liked Posts:
Cool, I'm in. If anyone is interested in trade talk I'm in too. But I'm not giving up Wade or Beasley. Well, maybe Beasley.

Kush77

Liked Posts:
Mark Lewinthal.

Don't know if you got my message on XBL but we need you to get in the league with your TrailBlazers.

TheStig

Liked Posts:
Kush77 wrote:
And this is a cheese free league. None of the guys I play cheese. I've been in a bunch of leagues with them before.

Cheese? I wish I had an xbox 360 to join. I have nba2k10 but its for ps2.

Kush77

Liked Posts:
TheStig wrote:
Kush77 wrote:

Cheese? I wish I had an xbox 360 to join. I have nba2k10 but its for ps2.

Cheese is when people online take advantage of glitches or run a cheap play over and over.

Guys that run with the quarterback all the time in football games etc..

The schedule has been generated and the league is ready to go.

Game 1
Heat @ Nuggets
Bulls @ Pistons
Hawks @ Mavs
Nets @ Blazers

maq25060

Liked Posts:
this year, you dont have to play people in the planned week, nor do you have to move the schedules around in order to have "flex scheduling"

you can play anyone in the league at any time

Kush77

Liked Posts:
maq25060 wrote:
this year, you dont have to play people in the planned week, nor do you have to move the schedules around in order to have "flex scheduling"

Yeah but I turned that option off (flex-scheduling). I don't like it.

I don't want a situation where one team has played 6 games and another 2. I like it to go one week at a time, that way the stats are consistent, league leaders etc..

My only question is should we go with a certain amount of days to get games played? I was thinking 4 days?

Kush77

Liked Posts:
I split the league into two conferences

The Bulls Podcasters and Thesportsstuff (the site my podcast used to be on)

TBP - Bulls, Blazers, Hawks and Heat
TSS - Nets, Pistons, Mavs and Nuggets

Top two from each conference make the playoffs.

Kush77

Liked Posts:
maq25060 wrote:

I just looked at it and it does have flex-scheduling on, but not they type I thought. It's not a full flex.

They have the game broken down into 4 5-game weeks. And you can play within that. I still prefer we play one week at a time though.