OT: Left 4 Dead 2

Kush77

Liked Posts:
I never played the first Left 4 Dead and I really didn't plan on playing this one until I saw the trailer and I thought it looked pretty cool. so I decided to check out L4D2 for the 360.

I played it for about an hour and really didn't like it. Probably won't play it again. I'm in the minority on that because it's getting great reviews and I know a ton of people that play it, but after playing for only one hour it just got kinda boring to me.

It was just non-stop zombie killing (I know that's the point of the game) but I found myself getting bored. "Oh here's another 200 zombies coming around the corner, let me button mash until they're all dead."

I didn't like L4D but I loved Dead Rising. Both are zombie killing games but I can't quite put my finger on what I like so much more about Dead Rising.

One aspect of Dead Rising that's better is the zombies were less powerful during the day, and slower. So you could have your way with them when the sun was out. At night it was a lot tougher. L4D there are parts where it was just non-stop zombies and it got boring to me. Almost like there's no strategy just hit your button and swing away. And I never died. Every time I was on the verge of dying I was always saved by a teammate. I'm sure this doesn't happen on tougher level settings but I found that not really challenging.

And the single-player was broken up into different segments and you can pick and choose where you want to start. There's not an objective like in Dead Rising. Wasn't thrilled with L4D and won't be playing it anymore. Not with all the other games I need to make time for.