"Supplementing with Harrington"

Simeon2UC

Liked Posts:
There has been talks about Harrington possibly becoming a Chicago Bull. I have no disregard to that actually happening. It's no surprise that Bulls are almost last in scoring when you rank them against the league. Harrington brings toughness, scoring and identity. Seriously, we're not getting "go-to" scoring at that position and we haven't experienced it in a long time. You know you're desperate when Gibson is knocking down face-up shots and you're hoping for Rose to go to him more often. Tyrus Thomas has been labeled a guy that has immense potential but just doesn't bring it every night. If management already made their mind up, once again, that another Lottery Pick won't be extended, then take the 29 year old Harrington. He has a lot to prove and I'm sure his attitude is more focused and geared to winning and actually playing for something worthwhile. New York is in a bogus situation because they don't have a lottery pick - thanks to the Chicago great, Isiah Thomas. Harrington is basically putting up 20 ppg. this season and his aging body really shouldn't be proving his worth for the 2010 Free Agency. We know he still has it. Harrington only had three single digit scoring nights so far this season. While, impressive, he posted more than 30 points twice this season. Do me a favor, how many players on our team can actually do that without being labeled a overachiever? He's the hybrid guy you want to put in the high pick-and-roll because of his perimeter skills. Him and Derrick Rose could make a deadly combo this season alone. You'll notice a rejuvenated Rose - I'm standing by that statement confidently - and Derrick's assist, along with scoring, should go up. Why? Harrington will enable the defenses to spread out. It's like having a 6'9'' Ben Gordon on the floor, that's how skilled and efficient Harrington potentially can be on our floor. Right now, we don't have a player with Harrington skills in our front-court; but, in fact, we have a player like Tyrus Thomas in Taj Gibson - resembling his energy and defensive prowess which is Tyrus Thomas most effective areas so far into his toddling career. Harrington can take his man off the dribble with ease. The downside is his rebounding ability, so far this season is looking identical to the past seasons. Last, there's no doubt that he's selfish but in a good way. I like the fact that he can be a threat on the baseline, while knocking a spot-up, or scoring with his back-to-the-basket. My whole point is what do you have to lose... nothing because of his expiring 10 million. Who figures, Chris Bosh may be probing the Bulls and wondering how his skill-set fits... Al Harrington can be the test for that.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u9pKZLR1FPI
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8M36AaJqaho

Dpauley23

Liked Posts:
Re:

This rumor has been debunked by many writers. Don't think Al likes Chicago anyways since he said he offended when they went after Wallace instead of him

Hendu0520

Liked Posts:
Re:

Well I don't think the Knicks can trade for a guy who is injured or the fans here would be pissed, they need the new guys to play right away or Walsh/Dantoni will get ripped till they play, lol.

That being said, Tyrus is my second favorite player on the Bulls behind Rose. IMO, people are underestimating how much the Bulls miss him. Still though, I think I would make the trade for Harrington. Well Said Simeon!! Al would make a killer combo with Rose, and he won't always put the ball on the floor to erase Rose's assist. (Sometimes I think Deng/Hinrich/Salmons do it on purpose to keep his assists down). His contract is up next year so it frees our money up to get a max guy and we wouldn't have to worry about JSalmons resigning cause the Bulls could afford it.

Not to mention he would be our leading scorer or right there with Rose once he is fully healed, so it would be a huge boost to our offense.

Dpauley23

Liked Posts:
Re:

Obviously you never seen Al play. Most of his shots are off the dribble in which he ball hogs it. I think we need to see how we play with Thomas and Noah though. Thats pretty fierce shot blocking combo

Hendu0520

Liked Posts:
Re:

Agreed,we should give Tyrus a chance. Al is great at shooting off the dribble ya, but watch how good he is at spotting up. Half of Harrington's shots are no dribbling, he constantly gets the ball swung to him with the shot clock running down on the Knicks and knocks down threes, he can drain spot ups. BG liked to dribble and drive also but he could spot and shoot that's why DRose had more assists.

Salmons is incabable of just catching and shooting and Deng just looks nervous so he is always pump faking and dribbling no where and turning it over.

houheffna

Ignoring Idiots
Liked Posts:
Re:

Harrington can shoot a set shot...will he? That is another question entirely.

Hendu...I think your accusations against Deng, Hinrich and Salmons are a bit callous and unfounded. Accusing those three players of trying to sabotage Rose's numbers are overboard don't you think?

Plus, if anyone is sabotaging Rose's stats...its Rose.

Hendu0520

Liked Posts:
Re:

houheffna wrote:
Harrington can shoot a set shot...will he? That is another question entirely.

Hendu...I think your accusations against Deng, Hinrich and Salmons are a bit callous and unfounded. Accusing those three players of trying to sabotage Rose's numbers are overboard don't you think?

Plus, if anyone is sabotaging Rose's stats...its Rose.

Your right Heff, I know they would never do anything like that on purpose and it is Rose's mentality that is holding him back, I just had to let out my stupid conspiracy theory, lol.

It's just frustrating to watch guys like Ilyasova and Bargnani firing away as soon as Jennings and Calderon pass them the ball giving them great assist stats for simply swinging the ball. Where Rose is constantly drawing double teams kicking it out only to have that person pass up a wide open shot to drive into traffice, it is pathetic.

And yes Harrington does spot up plenty, I watch a lot of Knick games, just because he can put the ball on the floor doesn't mean he won't fire it up off of a kickout. I am gonna try and look for his stats, ya he's no Gallinari but he is great at a catch and shoot maybe the best PF in the league at it.

Chitown773

Liked Posts:
Re:

Bulls management always mess up the season when it comes to information leaking. Now Tyrus Thomas has this mess on his mind and you already know that he's a sensitive guy. It's all over the news that Bulls are shopping Tyrus Thomas. Last year writers were leaking stuff about Gordon and others being exchanged for Kobe Bryant. They're pathetic.

houheffna

Ignoring Idiots
Liked Posts:
Re:

Who cares about Tyrus' sensitivity. He has a job to do...same with Deng, Gordon and everybody else that was involved in the Kobe deal. If that doesn't make sense to those people why the trade should be made...then they sleepwalking. Trades are a part of the game.

Hendu0520

Liked Posts:
Re:

The trade talks should motivate Tyrus, not hurt him. I don't think this trade will go through until Tyrus comes back and plays some games. When he does come back he should play his heart out and give maximum effort to prove the Bulls wrong. That would create a problem for the Bulls on whether to keep Tyrus or trade/sign a top PF.

I am beginning to see that there are 3 types of Power Forwards in this league.

1) Superstars- Stoudemire, Boozer, Bosh
2) Everyone else: Aldridge, Tyrus, Milsap, Maxiell(these guys look great when they have good teammates like Prince and Rasheed Wallace next to them, as soon as they are gone, like the other night against the Bulls, Maxiell sucked, same goes for LA, Tyrus and all the other guys in this category)
3) Bums- no need to list them

The only way we can upgrade on Tyrus is to get a guy like Boozer or Stoudemire. If Aldridge was so good why did Portland offer Paul Milsap a huge contract? As for Utah, they have to see that Boozer is also a huge step ahead of Milsap and it is obvious to see.

Tyrus however is one of the best in the league at blocking shots. The Bulls don't have a post presence but they can throw out a top rebounder (Noah) and a top shot blocker (Tyrus) together when healthy so we should let that develop a bit.

Side note: Carl Landry is playing really well and is becoming a go to scorer on the block. He is slowly moving from a category 2 PF up to a category 1 PF, lets keep an eye on him although I am sure Houston won't be giving him up any time soon.

J-Mart

Liked Posts:
Re:

Chitown773 wrote:
Now Tyrus Thomas has this mess on his mind and you already know that he's a sensitive guy.

I disagree. Last year when all the Amare rumors were out there, Tyrus was playing like a beast through all of it.