"Another Lottery Pick"

Chitown773

Liked Posts:
As of late, many Basketball Experts haven't said anything optimistic about the offensively challenged Bulls. It's becoming more evident that Bulls will be picking in the lottery after this season, but where is the answer - that will be answered in seconds. Though, first, I've been analyzing the trends of the Bulls genetic habits, which means, don't expect their offensive downs to improve or their three-point shooting to sky-rocket. Our MAR and SOS indicates - when contrasted with other teams - that we'll have a greater chance at drafting John Wall or Renardo Sidney - in my preference. If the season were to end today, Bulls would have the eighth highest chance of getting the number one pick overall. Unfortunately, Derrick Rose and John Salmons combo isn't going according to plan, as Jerry Reinsdorf once vowed. Second, just like most Bulls loyalties, I'm not in love with Lindsey Hunter as second or third string behind Rose. His sprinting down the court resembles Regis Philbin executing a Army Basic Training rep - not a good look. Could it be that Brad Miller and John Salmons' Sacramento effect is exposing its viral head? It could be. Sacramento seems to be having a adverse effect in contrast to last season when Brad and John was there. Brad Miller has slowed down, dramatically. John Salmons is proving to be the worst mate for Rose. His habitual nature of holding the basketball and forcing senseless shots is unfavorable. At best, Salmons would be great coming off the bench as someone that enlightens a spark. So, in sum, Bulls get ready for the debate led by Jay Bilas; who should be selected, John Wall or some scoring Power-Forward prospect.

ncb_i_wall_400.jpg

f0a4864b-7126-de11-a973-001cc494dda6_original.jpg

pinkizdead

Liked Posts:
Re:

i like the idea of adding a star through the draft better than i like the idea of free agency. the way we're playing, we arent really looking too attractive to free agents.

TheStig

Liked Posts:
Re:

pinkizdead wrote:
i like the idea of adding a star through the draft better than i like the idea of free agency. the way we're playing, we arent really looking too attractive to free agents.

We won't be bad enough to get a top 8 pick. This team will win at least 33 games, probably between 35 and 40.

pinkizdead

Liked Posts:
Re:

yeah i know. i thought about that 5 minutes ago. we probably wont get lucky again either. it's just i dont see us going anywhere with free agency.

if we can get some decent shooters out there, we might look better.

Chitown773

Liked Posts:
Re:

TheStig wrote:
pinkizdead wrote:

We won't be bad enough to get a top 8 pick. This team will win at least 33 games, probably between 35 and 40.

Guess again, Stig, Bulls are picking eighth according to Nbadraft.net.

??? ??????

Liked Posts:
Re:

If this season continues the way it looks like it will go, the Bulls need to unload Hinrich ASAP. That would guarantee that the Bulls would get a higher draft pick, while also guaranteeing us max cap space.

I'm not sure how you build a championship contender out of say the #6 pick, and max cap space. None of the marquee free agents are going to come here if we suck that bad. If we get the #1 pick, we could do well without a marquee free agent, but also getting by without one, but we would also maybe be able to attract a free agent.

I would think that the best way to build a championship would involve trading Derrick Rose, and becoming a win now team.

I would say the Bulls should first off:

1. Trade Kirk Hinrich, guarantee that cap space.
2. Draft Cole Aldrich.

Then free agency it gets tricky. If we already have Hinrich gone, it's probably advantageous for Salmons to opt in, so we can package him with Rose in a trade.

I think under this scenario, you go and give Joe Johnson the max. Work out a sign and trade with Atlanta so he gets his full six years and is happy taking our max.

So then worst case we are left with:

PG-Derrick Rose
SG-Joe Johnson
SF-Luol Deng
PF-Joakim Noah
C- Cole Aldrich

So then you start looking to package Derrick Rose with John Salmons, and see what you can get. I would begin at looking in New Orleans with Chris Paul.

Derrick Rose, John Salmons, James Johnson and draft picks for Chris Paul works.

Re-sign Pargo and Brad Miller for the minimum.

And then we could be looking at an 09-10 team of:

PG-Chris Paul/Jannero Pargo
SG-Joe Johnson
SF-Luol Deng
PF-Joakim Noah/Taj Gibson
C- Cole Aldrich/Brad Miller

We'd need to find another wing for the rotation, but we'd have a good defensive front court, and a really good perimeter trio.

Shakes

Iconoclast
Liked Posts:
Re:

Getting Johnson would kind of suck (paying him the max at age 34, ugh) but if we're bad it may be the only guy who will come here. It's a bit of a gamble that we could end up hating like with Ben Wallace. If we knew for sure that the trade for Chris Paul you suggest would happen then I'd probably take the risk.

Unloading Hinrich probably depends on him getting healthy. At the moment it's sounding suspiciously like Loul Deng last year, where they just kept telling us he was going to be OK until he wasn't. Lets hope that's just me being paranoid and he really will be back in a week or so.

I'd probably say the ideal situation (if it was possible) would be to trade Rose for Chris Paul now, while dumping both Deng and Hinrich for expirings. Even with Paul, we'd probably still suck and have a good shot at getting lucky in the lottery. If we have Paul + top 3 pick then there's a chance we could be attractive enough to lure someone better than Johnson.

Shakes

Iconoclast
Liked Posts:
Re:

Of course the problem with all this is that I don't think Chris Paul is actually available. :(

??? ??????

Liked Posts:
Re:

Shakes wrote:
Of course the problem with all this is that I don't think Chris Paul is actually available. :(

I think if Hornets suck all year, he may be available in the off season, especially if Rose can have a good March/April, and we can sell him as a young and upcoming point guard still....a younger Chris Paul, if you will.

TheStig

Liked Posts:
Re:

??? ?????? wrote:
Shakes wrote:

I think if Hornets suck all year, he may be available in the off season, especially if Rose can have a good March/April, and we can sell him as a young and upcoming point guard still....a younger Chris Paul, if you will.

Chris Paul isn't going anywhere this year or next year. He is too humble to ask for a trade and the hornets aren't going to trade the best player they will ever have.

Shakes

Iconoclast
Liked Posts:
Re:

It still feels like a stretch to me: how often is a top 5 guy in the league traded? Now how often is he traded while still only 25?

??? ??????

Liked Posts:
Re:

Here's another question. Say we get the #5-6 pick. Do you trade that for Greg Oden?

TheStig

Liked Posts:
Re:

??? ?????? wrote:
Here's another question. Say we get the #5-6 pick. Do you trade that for Greg Oden?

Why do we need another defensive Center?

??? ??????

Liked Posts:
Re:

TheStig wrote:
??? ?????? wrote:

Because Joakim Noah's not big enough to play center and would be better suited to play power forward.

Hendu0520

Liked Posts:
Re:

??? ?????? wrote:
TheStig wrote:
??? ?????? wrote:

Because Joakim Noah's not big enough to play center and would be better suited to play power forward.

The problem with Oden and Noah is that neither of them can shoot at all and then the Bulls spacing gets even worse. Although Oden will never be playing anyway because he will be injured.

The Bulls need to trade Hinrich like they should have last year and go from there. I think this year's draft will most likely be pretty deep so even an 8th pick can get us someone worthwhile.

I don't think that the Bulls will give up on Rose (I agree he will still be a top 3 PG) Now we just have to get someone else to go with him. I say if they can't get Lebron, Wade, Bosh or Amare then we should hold off on signing anyone and save the money for the next year. Some of the 2010 guys will sign their options and be FA's next year. If we get a high draft pick and show some improvement maybe we could land a guy then.

TheStig

Liked Posts:
Re:

??? ?????? wrote:
TheStig wrote:
??? ?????? wrote:

Why isn't Noah big enough. He know he needs some muscle and there are no more real big centers to push him around. Plus an Oden and Noah front court has no offensive value outside of three feet from the basket and would completely clog the lane for rose.

??? ??????

Liked Posts:
Re:

TheStig wrote:
??? ?????? wrote:
TheStig wrote:
??? ?????? wrote:

Why isn't Noah big enough. He know he needs some muscle and there are no more real big centers to push him around. Plus an Oden and Noah front court has no offensive value outside of three feet from the basket and would completely clog the lane for rose.

Joakim Noah has a low standing reach for a center, and he obviously doesn't really have the weight for it either.

Noah has a -3.4 PER differential when playing the center spot. When he is playing power forward, he has a +7.1 PER differential. Tell me where you want that guy playing?

Noah is also shooting 35.1% on his jumpshots this year, which is pretty good. Noah is on his way to having a respectable midrange jumpshot.

Front court defense is still a major problem for the Bulls (as is scoring). With Noah/Oden up front, you're going to be good defensively. Oden has been a freak so far defensively this year, and has really anchored the Blazers defense. Both Noah/Oden have shown signs of offensive respectability. If both Noah/Oden average 14 poins a game in their primes, who wouldn't take that out of our starting big men, given that we would be a good defensive/rebounding team.

Chitown773

Liked Posts:
Re:

I would trade a lottery pick in seconds to acquire Greg Oden. Pairing Noah and Oden up makes nightmares for oppositions. There's unlimited upside in that department. Noah energy and Oden presence in the paint can be the best combination in the league. I can definitely see a younger and better replica of Perkins and Garnett, in, potentially, Oden and Noah - strength and energy.