"Another Lottery Pick"

Shakes

Iconoclast
Liked Posts:
Re:

It's a hell of a gamble to trade for a guy who is out for the year with an injury and doesn't really fit well with the team. I guess if the Bulls figure they're so far away they have time to work the pieces out down the track, it's not the worst idea in the world.

It reminds me of the 06/07 Bulls where you had Hinrich/Gordon/Deng/Noc all playing well offensively, but with Wallace/Tyrus/Brown in the front court the offense was only ranked 21st. Could we realistically expect to do much better with a front court built around Noah/Oden?

TheStig

Liked Posts:
Re:

??? ?????? wrote:
TheStig wrote:
??? ?????? wrote:
TheStig wrote:
??? ?????? wrote:
Here's another question. Say we get the #5-6 pick. Do you trade that for Greg Oden?

Why do we need another defensive Center?

Because Joakim Noah's not big enough to play center and would be better suited to play power forward.

Why isn't Noah big enough. He know he needs some muscle and there are no more real big centers to push him around. Plus an Oden and Noah front court has no offensive value outside of three feet from the basket and would completely clog the lane for rose.

Joakim Noah has a low standing reach for a center, and he obviously doesn't really have the weight for it either.

Noah has a -3.4 PER differential when playing the center spot. When he is playing power forward, he has a +7.1 PER differential. Tell me where you want that guy playing?

Noah is also shooting 35.1% on his jumpshots this year, which is pretty good. Noah is on his way to having a respectable midrange jumpshot.

Front court defense is still a major problem for the Bulls (as is scoring). With Noah/Oden up front, you're going to be good defensively. Oden has been a freak so far defensively this year, and has really anchored the Blazers defense. Both Noah/Oden have shown signs of offensive respectability. If both Noah/Oden average 14 poins a game in their primes, who wouldn't take that out of our starting big men, given that we would be a good defensive/rebounding team.

PO3, you are one of my favorite posters but you are living way too much in the stats recently. Yes they are a deadly front court defensively but it just wouldn't work on the court. Noah is no where near being respectable with his jumper. I mean it possible could work if you had a charlie V type to fill in the other front court spot in the rotation. That pair is just terrible offensively and both are very foul prone.

Chitown773

Liked Posts:
Re:

Hendu0520 wrote:
??? ?????? wrote:
TheStig wrote:
??? ?????? wrote:
Here's another question. Say we get the #5-6 pick. Do you trade that for Greg Oden?

Because Joakim Noah's not big enough to play center and would be better suited to play power forward.

The problem with Oden and Noah is that neither of them can shoot at all and then the Bulls spacing gets even worse. Although Oden will never be playing anyway because he will be injured.

The Bulls need to trade Hinrich like they should have last year and go from there. I think this year's draft will most likely be pretty deep so even an 8th pick can get us someone worthwhile.

I don't think that the Bulls will give up on Rose (I agree he will still be a top 3 PG) Now we just have to get someone else to go with him. I say if they can't get Lebron, Wade, Bosh or Amare then we should hold off on signing anyone and save the money for the next year. Some of the 2010 guys will sign their options and be FA's next year. If we get a high draft pick and show some improvement maybe we could land a guy then.

I can see your point regarding the spacing and incapability in scoring from Noah. Though, I strongly feel Noah can play Tim Duncan role by rapidly improving his elbow shot - seriously. Oden has already arrived. He's defined his role by being a defensive stopper like David Robinson. His problem is staying healthy, which won't be a problem in the near future. His comments earlier this week reflect irrespective of what his doubters think. Ultimately, I would love to see them in the same front-court. Great suggestion!

houheffna

Ignoring Idiots
Liked Posts:
Re:

I can see your point regarding the spacing and incapability in scoring from Noah. Though, I strongly feel Noah can play Tim Duncan role by rapidly improving his elbow shot - seriously. Oden has already arrived. He's defined his role by being a defensive stopper like David Robinson. His problem is staying healthy, which won't be a problem in the near future. His comments earlier this week reflect irrespective of what his doubters think. Ultimately, I would love to see them in the same front-court. Great suggestion!

I want nothing to do with Oden, Oden and Noah shouldn't be on the floor together anyway. It should be sacrilege to mention Noah and Duncan in the same day, let alone the same sentence. Noah is a role player, Oden is not as good Robinson at anything. Your frontcourt couldn't score 20ppg with those two. Not worth it.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Re:

houheffna wrote:

I want nothing to do with Oden, Oden and Noah shouldn't be on the floor together anyway. It should be sacrilege to mention Noah and Duncan in the same day, let alone the same sentence. Noah is a role player, Oden is not as good Robinson at anything. Your frontcourt couldn't score 20ppg with those two. Not worth it.
Might be able to get 10 blocks or 30 rebounds on a random night though. Offensively, that is a failure of a frontcourt though.

Diddy1122

I ain't your pal dickface
Liked Posts:
Re:

houheffna wrote:

Oddly enough we agree Hou. Though Noah is no longer a role player. Let's put that to rest right now. Role players are not in the Top 10 in any category let alone rebounding like Noah is. He's one of the better centers in the East right now.

As for Oden, stay far far away from that guy. His body is as old as he looks. Staying healthy won't be a problem in the future? Did the Magic 8 ball tell you that? He will NEVER play a full season & you can quote me on that. His career is 1 more injury away from turning him into another Sam Bowie. And don't ever, EVER, mention Oden in the even the same paragraph, let alone breath, as the Admiral. Oden couldn't even sniff David's jock right now.

JimmyBulls

Liked Posts:
Re:

Bynum (not Will you wise ass') would be a the perfect player to put next to Noah. He has the ability to be a space eater, score, rebound, and defend. That's the type of guy that would be ideal in the frontcourt with Noah. Oden could develop into that guy that can be a reliable scorer, but at this point he only brings space eating, rebounding and defense. Which is still a very good center/power forward combo. But there is no way the Blazers will consider moving Oden at this point. The loss of Oden leaves a huge gap in their rotation.

houheffna

Ignoring Idiots
Liked Posts:
Re:

Oddly enough we agree Hou. Though Noah is no longer a role player. Let's put that to rest right now. Role players are not in the Top 10 in any category let alone rebounding like Noah is. He's one of the better centers in the East right now.

As for Oden, stay far far away from that guy. His body is as old as he looks. Staying healthy won't be a problem in the future? Did the Magic 8 ball tell you that? He will NEVER play a full season & you can quote me on that. His career is 1 more injury away from turning him into another Sam Bowie. And don't ever, EVER, mention Oden in the even the same paragraph, let alone breath, as the Admiral. Oden couldn't even sniff David's jock right now.

We will disagree on Noah, I think he is pretty good, but principally, he is a rebounder/defender...there have been a long list of role players who were rebound leaders...and allstars at one point or another.

I cannot believe that people want to make the frontcourt even more inept in scoring than it already is. Frontcourt scoring has been the biggest need for this team for years. Oden is not the answer.

??? ??????

Liked Posts:
Re:

houheffna wrote:

We will disagree on Noah, I think he is pretty good, but principally, he is a rebounder/defender...there have been a long list of role players who were rebound leaders...and allstars at one point or another.

I cannot believe that people want to make the frontcourt even more inept in scoring than it already is. Frontcourt scoring has been the biggest need for this team for years. Oden is not the answer.

Greg Oden scores more on a higher efficiency than any of the Bulls big men, so logically he would improve the Bulls in front court scoring, not make it more inept.

Shakes

Iconoclast
Liked Posts:
Re:

??? ?????? wrote:
Greg Oden scores more on a higher efficiency than any of the Bulls big men, so logically he would improve the Bulls in front court scoring, not make it more inept.

Oden by himself isn't the problem, Noah at PF next to Oden is. I suspect if we'd drafted Aldridge and Portland had drafted Tyrus everyone on the board would be in favour of the deal.

And before you say it, I don't need to be told that Oden/Noah is still better offensively than Noah/Gibson, nobody is claiming the current situation is good. :dry:

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Re:

Except Oden is always injured, so I'm not sure if we're willing to trade for who might unfortunately become the next Sam Bowie or at best, a poor man's Bill Walton.

Diddy1122

I ain't your pal dickface
Liked Posts:
Re:

Shakes wrote:
??? ?????? wrote:

Oden by himself isn't the problem, Noah at PF next to Oden is. I suspect if we'd drafted Aldridge and Portland had drafted Tyrus everyone on the board would be in favour of the deal.

We DID draft Aldridge & Portland DID draft Tyrus. Its the trade that never should've been made. Either way, Roy was the prize for them. He's the guy we should've drafted but instead traded Aldridge for Tyrus & Victor "Vanilla Face" Kryhapa.

And Oden's efficiency is irrelevant when he cant stay on the floor for more than 26 mins because of foul trouble & stamina issues. The guy scores no more than 2 feet from the basket. He's slow & lumbering. Him & Noah down there will not work. And you think Rose is having trouble penetrating now, wait til that lineup takes the floor.

Shakes

Iconoclast
Liked Posts:
Re:

Oh come on, don't nit pick about who drafted who, you know what I mean ... Oden works next to a PF who can shoot.

Liked Posts:
This was my prediction last summer before the season began.

I hope I'm wrong...

But if we do it'll be alright i suppose because sometimes the lottery and the hopes of a good draft class can be good for a team.

Are there any studs in college anyone wouldn't mind seeing in a Bulls uniform next year?

jsain360

Liked Posts:
Re:

??? ?????? wrote:
TheStig wrote:
??? ?????? wrote:
TheStig wrote:
??? ?????? wrote:

Why isn't Noah big enough. He know he needs some muscle and there are no more real big centers to push him around. Plus an Oden and Noah front court has no offensive value outside of three feet from the basket and would completely clog the lane for rose.

Joakim Noah has a low standing reach for a center, and he obviously doesn't really have the weight for it either.

Noah has a -3.4 PER differential when playing the center spot. When he is playing power forward, he has a +7.1 PER differential. Tell me where you want that guy playing?

Noah is also shooting 35.1% on his jumpshots this year, which is pretty good. Noah is on his way to having a respectable midrange jumpshot.

Front court defense is still a major problem for the Bulls (as is scoring). With Noah/Oden up front, you're going to be good defensively. Oden has been a freak so far defensively this year, and has really anchored the Blazers defense. Both Noah/Oden have shown signs of offensive respectability. If both Noah/Oden average 14 poins a game in their primes, who wouldn't take that out of our starting big men, given that we would be a good defensive/rebounding team.

One of the problems is you have Taj playing next to Noah, and Taj sucks, his defense and defensive rebounding sucks, if Taj gives up another offensive board I'll throw my shoe at the TV

Chitown773

Liked Posts:
Re:

Frank Breakfast-Styleham wrote:
This was my prediction last summer before the season began.

I hope I'm wrong...

But if we do it'll be alright i suppose because sometimes the lottery and the hopes of a good draft class can be good for a team.

Are there any studs in college anyone wouldn't mind seeing in a Bulls uniform next year?

This years' is the deepest NBA Draft I've seen. Every prospect projected for the lottery is ready to play in the pros!