Penn State Fires Joe Paterno

Shoots_he_scores

Liked Posts:
University of North Dakota, by way of Oak Lawn
Pretty sad that this is how one of the greatest coaches in sports history is leaving. Not saying Paterno didn't do anything wrong in this scandal but he's catching way too much criticism for this.

phranchk

Liked Posts:
Pretty sad that this is how one of the greatest coaches in sports history is leaving. Not saying Paterno didn't do anything wrong in this scandal but he's catching way too much criticism for this.
Completely disagree. He should have and could have done more in his position. Have you read the grand jury testimony?

Chief Walking Stick

Heeeh heeeeh he said POLES
Donator
Liked Posts:
http://rivals.yahoo....pennstate-abuse

Guess the scandal caught up to him.

This is NOT a sex scandal as people are making it sound.

This is absolutely disgusting child molestation and rape and that's how it should be portrayed in the media. It makes me cringe when news outlets call this a "sex scandal". This isn't fuckin old man Sandusky fucking another woman while he's married.... this is Sandusky RAPING MULTPILE children. I was so infuriated when I began reading the grand jury report and only got 2 pages in before I was so disgusted that I couldn't read any more.

Everyone involved in this that did not report this to the authorities deserves to spend life in prison IN GENERAL POPULATION with the words "I supported the rape of children" tattooed on their forehead.

Fuckin sick pieces of shit ALL of them.

puckjim

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
He enabled child rape.

It's not sad that he had to go out this way.

It is fittng.

sth

Liked Posts:
He had to get fired. But what a sad bizarre end to a great coaching career. Who would have ever thought Joe Pa's career would end in disgrace. Not contacting police the second he was told is unforgivable. His entire career is marred by this.

Variable

Liked Posts:
Possibility of a child prostitution ring being uncovered by the sound of upcoming allegations. The worse news may have yet to hit. And Penn State fans are rioting over Paterno getting fired. Somehow managing to be more pathetic than the Vancouver riots.

mikita's helmet

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Not contacting police the second he was told is unforgivable. His entire career is marred by this.

After reporting it to school officials in 2002 when he found out about Sandusky, Paterno fulfilled his legal obligation. Failing to report it to the police when it became apparent that school officials weren't going to do anything - the next day after he reported it and Sandusky hadn't been arrested - he failed in fulfilling his moral obligation to inform the police. He did nothing, absolutely nothing, for NINE YEARS.

I hate the phrase, "Epic fail," it's become so trivialized, but it fits here perfectly.

mikita's helmet

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Guess the scandal caught up to him.

From the linked article:

"Paterno has come under harsh criticism—including from within the community known as Happy Valley—for not taking more action in 2002 after then-graduate assistant and current assistant coach Mike McQueary came to him and reported seeing Sandusky in the Penn State showers with a young boy. Paterno notified the athletic director, Tim Curley, and a vice president, Gary Schultz."

McQueary needs to go, too.

Sounds like a massive cover-up. And how brazen, too. Raping a ten-year old kid in the football compound showers with others around. Sandusky must have felt he could get away with anything. And for NINE YEARS, he did.

genefoley

Liked Posts:
Possibility of a child prostitution ring being uncovered by the sound of upcoming allegations. The worse news may have yet to hit. And Penn State fans are rioting over Paterno getting fired. Somehow managing to be more pathetic than the Vancouver riots.

where'd you hear that

jaxhawksfan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I echo the sentiments already posted here. I don't know the details of the story because I haven't read the grand jury report. With that said my facebook is full of people saying "I feel sorry for Joe". Fuck that. He didn't say shit to the police about sexual abuse of boys. If this were the case of daughters people would be screaming for the electric chair. I'm sick of the fucking double standards.

BiscuitintheBasket

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
After reporting it to school officials in 2002 when he found out about Sandusky, Paterno fulfilled his legal obligation. Failing to report it to the police when it became apparent that school officials weren't going to do anything - the next day after he reported it and Sandusky hadn't been arrested - he failed in fulfilling his moral obligation to inform the police. He did nothing, absolutely nothing, for NINE YEARS.

I hate the phrase, "Epic fail," it's become so trivialized, but it fits here perfectly.

This. And I am sure Joe was concerned about his job if he took the info outside of the school. Feeling that going outside of the school could have cost him his job. But even at that time he was already Joe fuckin Paterno. If he got fired for going beyond the school he would have been hired elsewhere and had the moral ground to stand on. In the end this is just another example of the college sports culture of hiding this type of stuff in general so as to not hurt the program because too much money can be lost. I don't feel an inch bad about Paterno's career now marred by this, because he has millions in the bank to STFU.

Variable

Liked Posts:
where'd you hear that

Just some reports of the possibility of even worse news concerning this within the coming days. Thinking to be worse, it'd have to something like it was already known by the school well beforehand and/or it stretches back farther than we thought, and nothing was done about it, or there were others involved in it employed by the school or elsewhere,etc. Neither of which would surprise me.

whiteevo

Liked Posts:
i just wonder how anyone who knew anything about those kids can even fucking sleep at night. literally unbelievable to me.

Variable

Liked Posts:
Well here we go:

http://www.nesn.com/2011/11/jerry-sandusky-rumored-to-have-been-pimping-out-young-boys-to-rich-donors-says-mark-madden.html

Mark Madden wrote an article back in April about Sandusky's child rape allegations that have now exploded and he believes that an even worse allegation that will come to light is that the Second Mile Foundation, the organization/home Sandusky created for troubled children decades ago, is where he not only found his victims, but from where he pimped them out to other wealthy male donors.

BlackHawkPaul

Fartbarf
Donator
Liked Posts:
Well here we go:

http://www.nesn.com/...ark-madden.html

Mark Madden wrote an article back in April about Sandusky's child rape allegations that have now exploded and he believes that an even worse allegation that will come to light is that the Second Mile Foundation, the organization/home Sandusky created for troubled children decades ago, is where he not only found his victims, but from where he pimped them out to other wealthy male donors.

Even before reading this "rumor," I felt that may be the case.

A place for people to rent troubled little boys.

Anyone that didn't have the brains to call 911 when this was happening were all enablers to Sandusky. JoePa is part of that group.

He should have known better. Good riddance.

I read the 23 pages, and it looks like the victim count is 17 (at last read). It will escalate (I fear).

IceHogsFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
He had to get fired. But what a sad bizarre end to a great coaching career. Who would have ever thought Joe Pa's career would end in disgrace. Not contacting police the second he was told is unforgivable. His entire career is marred by this.

This ^^^

Variable

Liked Posts:
Even before reading this "rumor," I felt that may be the case.

A place for people to rent troubled little boys.

Anyone that didn't have the brains to call 911 when this was happening were all enablers to Sandusky. JoePa is part of that group.

He should have known better. Good riddance.

I read the 23 pages, and it looks like the victim count is 17 (at last read). It will escalate (I fear).

Yeah if it's true about Second Mile, the number will be way beyond what it stands currently just from that one monster. That's spanning generations, that place has been around for 30 something years. This reminds me waaaay too much of the Boys Town child prostitution ring that was uncovered back in the late 80s, early 90s that at a time reached a fever pitch but then died down in the media when a few other people "died down" as well. This story even has that aspect to it. Look up Former Penn. DA Ray Gricar, who was investigating claims of sexual abuse by Sandusky back in '98.

BlackHawkPaul

Fartbarf
Donator
Liked Posts:
Yeah if it's true about Second Mile, the number will be way beyond what it stands currently just from that one monster. That's spanning generations, that place has been around for 30 something years. This reminds me waaaay too much of the Boys Town child prostitution ring that was uncovered back in the late 80s, early 90s that at a time reached a fever pitch but then died down in the media when a few other people "died down" as well. This story even has that aspect to it. Look up Former Penn. DA Ray Gricar, who was investigating claims of sexual abuse by Sandusky back in '98.

You mean this article:

http://abcnews.go.com/Blotter/sandusky-investigator-center-mystery/story?id=14905668#.Trwe6M2M90d

Yeah... Mass linked it on my FB page.

Variable

Liked Posts:
Yeah not good. Not good at all. Everything sounds and seems like people are trying to protect something larger. Like it's okay to have some football coach (legendary as he may be seen) and his assistant take the axe ( a well deserved axing don't get me wrong), as long as that's where it ends. The Second Mile thing has all kinds of bad written on it for all different kinds of people that can blow up in so many ways and implicate so many other people, organizations, possibly government offices like the Boys Town incident did (among the highest offices).

And I made the mistake of watching the press conference where they announce the firing of Paterno and the "journalists'" reaction to it as it happened. Ridiculous. The first question, first fucking question before the guy even stopped talking, "WHO'S COACHING THE GAME SATURDAY?!?!"

Fucking amazing.