"Where are the 'White' Players?"

MADman24

Liked Posts:
Re:

houheffna wrote:
What athletic characteristics though? The characteristics of the top marathon runners are way different to the top sprinters, although both tend to be black (with radically different ancestry of course). On the other hand, there aren't many black swimmers or gymnasts.

You can't really say something generic like "enhanced athletic abilities" because there's no single measure of athletic ability, and what makes you good at one thing (eg sprinting) might make you badly suited for another (eg distance running).

Actually they trace the ability to sprint and run long distances to certain regions of Africa. Specifically eastern and western parts of Africa. I want to say the western region is speed, the eastern region is distance, could be vice versa. I am too lazy to look it up right quick...

Now I cannot say if they are right or wrong in their scientific beliefs. I just know that those beliefs are prevalent.

Yes it is true Kenyans and Ethiopians tend to be among the great long distance runners, but this is because their populations are mostly consisted of people who lived in these mountainous regions for thousands of years, so their lungs are literally are bigger than most peoples. All other populations who lived in mountainous regions for hundreds if not thousands of years, of all races, have this characteristic.

The scientific consensuses on this issue is that there is only one race, human. Geographical origins, matter far more than what we perceive as race, usually skin color. The ideas Americans possess on race are largely irrelevant and not backed scientifically. There is no athletic advantage by being "black". These render this topic mute scientifically as they would, likely say your premise is devoid of sound logic to begin with.

ZombieKevie

Liked Posts:
are we forgetting the great Jud Buechler... yeah he dont play no more but hes better than any of the current players.

oh and Chris Kamen doesnt count because he played for Germany's team in the Olympics, thus forfeiting his right to play on any American team in the future.

houheffna

Ignoring Idiots
Liked Posts:
Yes it is true Kenyans and Ethiopians tend to be among the great long distance runners, but this is because their populations are mostly consisted of people who lived in these mountainous regions for thousands of years, so their lungs are literally are bigger than most peoples. All other populations who lived in mountainous regions for hundreds if not thousands of years, of all races, have this characteristic.

The scientific consensuses on this issue is that there is only one race, human. Geographical origins, matter far more than what we perceive as race, usually skin color. The ideas Americans possess on race are largely irrelevant and not backed scientifically. There is no athletic advantage by being "black". These render this topic mute scientifically as they would, likely say your premise is devoid of sound logic to begin with.

Reading is fundamental...comprehending is a damn skill.

Know what my premise is before you denounce it....thanks...

here is a link to a few different opinions on the subject

http://www.helium.com/items/255032-why-black-athletes-dominate-sports

jsain360

Liked Posts:
The WHITE AMERICAN BASKETBALL PLAYER is picking up different sports, baseball and football, like the BLACK AMERICAN BASEBALL PLAYER is picking up different sports, basketball & football
European players are the replacement for the WHITE AMERICAN BASKETBALL PLAYER
Latin players are the replacement for the BLACK AMERICAN BASEBALL PLAYER.

Liked Posts:
Re:

Confirmed. Bibby doesn't talk much to Henry.

Jalen Rose also doesn't get along with Jimmie Walker.

houheffna wrote:
Never knew that. Had too look it up to but thats crazy and props to knowing that.

Yeah, he looks half-black to me. But his father is Henry Bibby, the college coach at USC at one time. I believe they are estranged. I believe his mother is white.

Liked Posts:
Is Keith Van Horn in the top 5 best white players this decade?

If so...

lol!

On the other hand i always thought Van Horn received the Ben Gordon treatment. He was a consistently good 18ppg scorer and for some reason his teams didn't respect him. But what's worse, he was traded every other week. No one wanted the guy and i don't get it.