"Where are the 'White' Players?"

Chitown773

Liked Posts:
I'll tell you where the Native White players are, they're in the Collegian ranks. Black players and Europeans spend much more time perfecting their niche due to primitive goals. In my neighborhood, Black players have a sense of charge by nature due to the poverty and crime adrenaline rush. They're always looking to show-up someone with dribbling or, what we call, the "posterization". This explains why the typical Black player - exception of Tim Duncan - have this hyperactive approach - Kevin Garnett voicing is the perfect depiction - desire. Players and prospects, to name, Derrick Rose and of late, John Wall, are blessed athletically. This is the one benefit of growing up in inner-cities. But, in some cases, mostly, their skills are very raw and are considered "potential". Adversely, European players are more geared to practicing fundamentals from age 8 to 19 by professional handlers. Europeans are more aware of the rules, zones, court atlas, teamwork, and etc. These assets benefit them greatly. Overall, this heightens the understanding of their developed "Basketball IQ". So, to no surprise, most Whites don't have the determination, time, and economical-challenge that others are inclined with or bound to have. Intimidation could also be a factor with Whites playing in a field dominated by Blacks. That assumption can uncover the reason for poor talent in their geography. You'll notice that most Whites are populated in the Collegian ranks; this is the product of economical availability. They may not be NBA product but they're much more convenient to build with, due to, once again, availability - Brandon Jennings situation last summer reveals the obvious. This is why Black students get the rap that while they're in college, it's a immense change that they're student athletes - stereotypical of course. Once and for all, you can simulate this to life and past effects - poverty creates will - understanding polishes goal.

"Why not play, it's roster openings, let me see if I'm the new 'Great White Hope'."
?
jj_redick.jpg

"I came from nothing; no one acknowledged me and now I'm proving them doubters wrong. Now they're all on me."
Aggression. Focus. Entertaining.
06mbcaStuckeyRodneyRotating.gif

"It was hard at first but practice made perfect."
No distractions. Neutral field. Introduced to the game and perfected it.
dirk-nowitzki.jpg

USA: White

1. Kevin Love
2. Chris Kaman
3. David Lee
4. Troy Murphy
5. Brad Miller
6. Mike Dunleavy
7. Kirk Hinrich
8. Chris Andersen

USA: Black

1. Kobe Bryant
2. Lebron James
3. Dwyane Wade
4. Chris Paul
5. Carmelo Anthony
6. Deron Williams
7. Dwight Howard
8. Kevin Garnett

European

1. Dirk Nowitzki
2. Steve Nash
3. Tim Duncan
4. Yao Ming
5. Pau Gasol
6. Nene Hilario
7. Jose Calderon
8. Loul Deng

Liked Posts:
Re:

They're all in Indiana and Utah.

Who are the top 5 best American-born white guys playing right now?

Is it ok if i say that...?

I'm just curious...it might be a tough list to come up with.

houheffna

Ignoring Idiots
Liked Posts:
Re:

It is a tough list...mainly because the college game does not easily translate to the NBA game. I also find it inherently racist that every decent playing, tall white guy with a jump shot is compared to Larry Bird. But that's me...

Liked Posts:
Re:

While it's also crazy whenever any 6-6"-6-8" guy who can jump is compared to Jordan (Miner, Stackhouse, Kobe) it's even more unfair to have seen guys like Danny Ferry and Tom Gugliotta compared to Bird just cause they were tall...and white.

houheffna wrote:
It is a tough list...mainly because the college game does not easily translate to the NBA game. I also find it inherently racist that every decent playing, tall white guy with a jump shot is compared to Larry Bird. But that's me...

Liked Posts:
I am racking my brain...man...is Mike Dunleavy Jr. the best American-born white guy in the game today!?

If he is...how sad is that!

Chitown773

Liked Posts:
Re:

Frank Breakfast-Styleham wrote:
I am racking my brain...man...is Mike Dunleavy Jr. the best American-born white guy in the game today!?

If he is...how sad is that!

I think it's Kevin Love.

TheStig

Liked Posts:
Re:

wow no votes for our very own Kirk or a couple of years ago Brad Miller. I'd say Miller is the best white basketball player of the decade. Not too many white all stars out there. Maybe Bibby can challenge him for that.

Chitown773

Liked Posts:
Re:

TheStig wrote:
wow no votes for our very own Kirk or a couple of years ago Brad Miller. I'd say Miller is the best white basketball player of the decade. Not too many white all stars out there. Maybe Bibby can challenge him for that.

Bibby is considered Black because of his biracial blood. His father is Black and his mother is unknown.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Re:

Idk if he's the best, but Kirk is probably one of the better white basketball players in the NBA. Most of you consider it sad probably. Maybe that's why white players get all sorts of positive media, there just aren't that many good pro, American born white players and America, being a majority white, is just dying to have someone white like Bird who they can put as the face of the NBA again.

Chitown773

Liked Posts:
Re:

clonetrooper264 wrote:
Idk if he's the best, but Kirk is probably one of the better white basketball players in the NBA. Most of you consider it sad probably. Maybe that's why white players get all sorts of positive media, there just aren't that many good pro, American born white players and America, being a majority white, is just dying to have someone white like Bird who they can put as the face of the NBA again.

Yeah, it's bogus how Chris Andersen is embraced more in Denver than Carmelo Anthony. I find that malnourished; it also shows the idleness in those two cultures - Whites... Blacks. Though, if David Stern were to get a White player with Lebron James ability, revenue would top-charts for the NBA.

Shakes

Iconoclast
Liked Posts:
Re:

Can we claim 3.5 of Jason Kidd's 7 all-star appearances this decade are by a white player? ;)

TheStig

Liked Posts:
Re:

clonetrooper264 wrote:

I was being sarcastic about Kirk. Just found it odd no one mentioned him on a bulls forum.

TheStig

Liked Posts:
Re:

Thinking about it, Steve Nash should win it. He isn't american but is still from north america.

TheStig

Liked Posts:
Re:

Chitown773 wrote:
TheStig wrote:

Bibby is considered Black because of his biracial blood. His father is Black and his mother is unknown.

Never knew that. Had too look it up to but thats crazy and props to knowing that.

MADman24

Liked Posts:
Re:

To answer the question: David Lee or Kevin Love.

But I am forced to point out the hypocrisy which exist regarding this topic, you can't say "half-black" players don't count because, first of all the term "half-black", or conversely "half-white", is quite ridiculous. And secondly even within this inherently stupid category, if a player is "half-white" they are just as much white as they are black. So if they don't count as white, then they don't count as black either.

The problem is really this question and why does it even matter? If you like the NBA who cares what race the players are?

Chitown773 wrote:
Yeah, it's bogus how Chris Andersen is embraced more in Denver than Carmelo Anthony. I find that malnourished; it also shows the idleness in those two cultures - Whites... Blacks. Though, if David Stern were to get a White player with Lebron James ability, revenue would top-charts for the NBA.

Sadly you are probably right, but I for one don't care how much revenue the league is generating, as long as it doesn't fold.

houheffna

Ignoring Idiots
Liked Posts:
Re:

Never knew that. Had too look it up to but thats crazy and props to knowing that.

Yeah, he looks half-black to me. But his father is Henry Bibby, the college coach at USC at one time. I believe they are estranged. I believe his mother is white.

houheffna

Ignoring Idiots
Liked Posts:
Re:

But I am forced to point out the hypocrisy which exist regarding this topic, you can't say "half-black" players don't count because, first of all the term "half-black", or conversely "half-white", is quite ridiculous. And secondly even within this inherently stupid category, if a player is "half-white" they are just as much white as they are black. So if they don't count as white, then they don't count as black either.

The problem is really this question and why does it even matter? If you like the NBA who cares what race the players are?

In America, if you have any black blood in you, you are black, regardless of what other blood you have in you...

That said, in athletics, a successful athlete who is partially black is seen as a black athlete, despite that athlete's objections (Tiger Woods). From a scientific standpoint, many believe that any part of a human that is black enhances his/her athletic abilities. Don't know how true that is...

Chitown773

Liked Posts:
Re:

houheffna wrote:

In America, if you have any black blood in you, you are black, regardless of what other blood you have in you...

That said, in athletics, a successful athlete who is partially black is seen as a black athlete, despite that athlete's objections (Tiger Woods). From a scientific standpoint, many believe that any part of a human that is black enhances his/her athletic abilities. Don't know how true that is...

I'm 18 and I didn't know whom Tiger Woods was until last year. It just shows you how many successful, mixed people play both cards, which is unfortunate.

Shakes

Iconoclast
Liked Posts:
Re:

houheffna wrote:
From a scientific standpoint, many believe that any part of a human that is black enhances his/her athletic abilities. Don't know how true that is...

What athletic characteristics though? The characteristics of the top marathon runners are way different to the top sprinters, although both tend to be black (with radically different ancestry of course). On the other hand, there aren't many black swimmers or gymnasts.

You can't really say something generic like "enhanced athletic abilities" because there's no single measure of athletic ability, and what makes you good at one thing (eg sprinting) might make you badly suited for another (eg distance running).

houheffna

Ignoring Idiots
Liked Posts:
Re:

What athletic characteristics though? The characteristics of the top marathon runners are way different to the top sprinters, although both tend to be black (with radically different ancestry of course). On the other hand, there aren't many black swimmers or gymnasts.

You can't really say something generic like "enhanced athletic abilities" because there's no single measure of athletic ability, and what makes you good at one thing (eg sprinting) might make you badly suited for another (eg distance running).

Actually they trace the ability to sprint and run long distances to certain regions of Africa. Specifically eastern and western parts of Africa. I want to say the western region is speed, the eastern region is distance, could be vice versa. I am too lazy to look it up right quick...

Now I cannot say if they are right or wrong in their scientific beliefs. I just know that those beliefs are prevalent.