Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I don't miss it now.

Plenty of college and pro football.

After the Super Bowl, it would be nice to have some NBA to fill those winter night when the Hawks aren't playing.

Rex

Chief Blackcock
Liked Posts:
I'd like to see the TV ratings of the NHL compared to last year. Basketball's loss could be Hockey's gain

dlrob315

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'd like to see the TV ratings of the NHL compared to last year. Basketball's loss could be Hockey's gain

Doubt it, not to many brothers like me like hockey.

Those who will miss their NBA will just tune into college basketball. College basketball & Thursday night college football will receive bumps in ratings before hockey would! Hockey may get a little bump in the east but not nationwide!

FAVORITE SPORTS AMONG U.S. FANS

sportspoll.gif

As you can see it is not much their to grab from the NBA, and probably the majority of that 6% is African Americans, so I do not see a bump happening due to the NBA lockout!

It is what it is....hockey's lack of popularity in the U.S. is due to the inability for anyone to just go to the playground and play the sport.

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
Very very interesting stats, especially the baseball one which I had expected. Where did you get those? Are there more fun stuff we can play around with?

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I'd like to see a correlation between the sports and the amount of TV airtime they get. I have a theory that the more natural stoppages in play tha can be filled with advertising, the more a netowrk is likley to carry the sport.

Between Hockey and Basketball, the difference is not too much--i think Sharpton has it on the ability to just pick up and play. Hockey has less natural time outs, but not my much.

But looking at the comparison of Gridiron to Association football (Soccer for the overly-american), it's no wonder that Gridiron is king and Association is lucky to be shown on UHF. 3 hours airtime to 13 minutes of gametime compared to 2 hours of airtime and 90 minutes of gametime (with no chance to break for commercials).

dlrob315

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Very very interesting stats, especially the baseball one which I had expected. Where did you get those? Are there more fun stuff we can play around with?

Harris poll. I will try to find the link..give me some time to do so.

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
Harris poll. I will try to find the link..give me some time to do so.
No big deal, was just curious. I've always liked these types of debates, mostly because they are so subjective. And the stats are very justifiable for all sorts of reasons.

dlrob315

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

Rex

Chief Blackcock
Liked Posts:
Why can't the brothers watch the hockey?

puckjim

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I don't have a link or stats or fancy tables, but it's fucking ridiculous to suggest that the majority of NBA viewers are black.

BlackHawkPaul

Fartbarf
Donator
Liked Posts:
The numbers for the NBA declined in 1998, the year Jordan retired.

I guess all of the white fans turned off the television then.

Rex

Chief Blackcock
Liked Posts:
They can.

I remember hanging out with this sexy black chick about 4-5 years ago, and she thought it was funny that I liked/played hockey. she said a good friend of hers growing up was really good at hockey and her and her friends would always give him a hard time because he was black and shouldn't be playing hockey because of it.

this was my expression

fff42edcbf301998b19edb45b38e024be37bf7b6_full.jpg

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
When it coes to "brothers" and hockey, who would you want having your back in a bar fight? Brashear and Laraque or Shaq and Barcley?

That's what I thought....
<

dlrob315

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
When it coes to "brothers" and hockey, who would you want having your back in a bar fight? Brashear and Laraque or Shaq and Barcley?

<

No brainer, if you're actually looking for someone to fight, Brashear and Laraque. If you're looking for someone to do a bunch of chirping and bumping the gums and waiting for someone to step in to break it up like John Scott does, you take Shaq and Barkley.

Rex

Chief Blackcock
Liked Posts:

<

I'd take Brashear and Laraque.