Rex

Chief Blackcock
Liked Posts:
Scarborough lol.

it's Toronto's Brooklyn.

Rex

Chief Blackcock
Liked Posts:
(before Brooklyn got taken over by hipsters who think living in Brooklyn is ironic)

puckjim

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
.....is over!

First games Dec. 25th.

bookjones

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
.....is over!

First games Dec. 25th.

WOOHOO!!!

I can live with a 66 game season---only 16 games missed ultimately, less than a quarter of the season. That's a number where I might still be able to accept the eventual playoffs winner as champions without a mental asterix next to their title.

bookjones

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
A nice succinct summary overview of the new deal bullet points courtesy of Adrian Wojnarowski's Twitter feed:

http://twitter.com/#!/wojyahoonba

4fws60.jpg

Variable

Liked Posts:
WOOHOO!!!

I can live with a 66 game season---only 16 games missed ultimately, less than a quarter of the season. That's a number where I might still be able to accept the eventual playoffs winner as champions without a mental asterix next to their title.

Yeah I can live that. Still gotta win 4 best of 7 series to get the title, so no big difference to me the season being shortened. Still gotta earn it just as always. As Bart Scott once said, CAN'T WAIT.

chasman

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Oh well, was looking forward to no B ball.

On the good side they are a lot of people that will benefit from them playing, like the vendors and bar tenders

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Same here. I can honestly live without Basketball--less competition for screens at BWW.

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
I think the shortened season helps the Bulls if they are in shape. Rose seemed to wear down last year from all the minutes and physical contact. And they style of Defense they play is not exactly boring.

dlrob315

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Oh well, was looking forward to no B ball.

On the good side they are a lot of people that will benefit from them playing, like the vendors and bar tenders

Why? If you do not like it, you just don't watch it. I do not like Soccer, but I do not wish they did not have it.

Just wondering where the logic is?

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Why? If you do not like it, you just don't watch it. I do not like Soccer, but I do not wish they did not have it.

For me the logic is simple:

I'm not a fan of Basketball, Gridiron football, Or Baseball. I am a fan of Hockey, and some less-popular sports. If I'm forced to catch a game outside of my place (say because GCL doesn't broadcast Vs or NHLN games and I can't be arsed to do an end-run around GCL's blackout), the less Basketball, Baseball, and Football on, the greater the chances of me getting a tv, much less a decent one.

Other than that it's pretty much live and let live.
<

dlrob315

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
For me the logic is simple:

I'm not a fan of Basketball, Gridiron football, Or Baseball. I am a fan of Hockey, and some less-popular sports. If I'm forced to catch a game outside of my place (say because GCL doesn't broadcast Vs or NHLN games and I can't be arsed to do an end-run around GCL's blackout), the less Basketball, Baseball, and Football on, the greater the chances of me getting a tv, much less a decent one.

Other than that it's pretty much live and let live.
<

That's very unfortunate....I guess.

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Okay, maybe I should have explained further. I think I over-edited my original post.

Say at BWW: If basketball is not being played there's a better chance I can get a TV to watch a 'hawks broadcast on Vs or NHLN (keep in mind i'm nowhere near Chicago and the Capitalist Pigdogs at NHL and their blackout rights exclude me from those games on GCL). Ditto on football, ditto on baseball (to a lesser extent, though). It's purely a game of numbers. Other than that i could care less.

chasman

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

Because I think the ice is better when they don't put the BB court over it.

It was for selfish reasons , not bad mouthing basket ball.