Jake Plummer on Tim Tebow

Variable

Liked Posts:
We'll agree to disagree. I'm no fantasy football player who gives a rats about stats. I care about heart, determination, and wins. Tebow provides all of the above.

I suppose those touchdown passes he threw so far are not passes, and sure as hell weren't "good" passes.

So guys like Von Miller, Elvis Dumervil, they had nothing to do with those wins? Because if their defense was as much ass as it was during the first 5 or 6 games of the season when they were giving up 300 yards passing to guys like Matt Hasselbeck, they aren't getting those wins. No matter how hard he tries and how grindy Tim Tebow is on game day and how many times he prays, you give up 200 yards rushing along with 200-300 yards in the air, you aren't winning that game. You're missing the point entirely. He has trouble completing passes that every average QB should make without much effort at all.

You're judging him and his play on something that happens (the Broncos winning) where it's in spite of his performance during the game. That's not good.

supraman

Liked Posts:
And as we have already stated, Grossman is still in the NFL throwing them. He may not be in the top half of qb's in the league, but he has had longevity (as many others have) as an NFL qb. I'm just saying don't count Tebow out already because he loves to prove people wrong.

big deal. He was a big time player for the gators, I believe (could be wrong) had all the records prior to tebow breaking them. So looking at his college success, he should have been a big time star in the NFL but he isn't he sucks.

My whole original point was Tebow will follow the rest of the great gator QBs and be a nobody.

dlrob315

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
big deal. He was a big time player for the gators, I believe (could be wrong) had all the records prior to tebow breaking them. So looking at his college success, he should have been a big time star in the NFL but he isn't he sucks.

My whole original point was Tebow will follow the rest of the great gator QBs and be a nobody.

Depends, if they get him moved to tight end or HB, he probably could make a name for himself.

jaxhawksfan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

Obviously you are a Gator hater. Grossman wasn't "all that" at Florida and wasn't the record holder before Tebow. I will admit my bias openly. I attended UF and Tebow is from my town. I'm not missing any points. Yes, wins are team efforts. And, just as you point out Variable, some of those wins are attributed to different players, while some of them are definitely attributed to Tebow and his running ability. If he sucks at passing so badly as you say, how does his TD to Attempt ratio look compared to others right now? How do his passing stats look compared to Tom Brady, Peyton Manning and all the other greats (oh wait, there really aren't that many greats over the past decade........I wonder why that is) after 7 or so NFL starts?

You can claim or regurgitate the bs in the media about him not being able to pass the ball but that is all it is. Is he an elite passer? No. Is he average at best? Maybe. Last I checked, average in a pool of 50 or so people still makes you one of the top 25 in the category. Can he get better? Yes. Will he? Who knows. I'll wait and see. If he is not in the league at QB next year or the year after then you can come back and bust my balls. Until then, it is all speculation and hate for the kid because he isn't prototypical.

supraman

Liked Posts:
Obviously you are a Gator hater. Grossman wasn't "all that" at Florida and wasn't the record holder before Tebow. I will admit my bias openly. I attended UF and Tebow is from my town. I'm not missing any points. Yes, wins are team efforts. And, just as you point out Variable, some of those wins are attributed to different players, while some of them are definitely attributed to Tebow and his running ability. If he sucks at passing so badly as you say, how does his TD to Attempt ratio look compared to others right now? How do his passing stats look compared to Tom Brady, Peyton Manning and all the other greats (oh wait, there really aren't that many greats over the past decade........I wonder why that is) after 7 or so NFL starts?

You can claim or regurgitate the bs in the media about him not being able to pass the ball but that is all it is. Is he an elite passer? No. Is he average at best? Maybe. Last I checked, average in a pool of 50 or so people still makes you one of the top 25 in the category. Can he get better? Yes. Will he? Who knows. I'll wait and see. If he is not in the league at QB next year or the year after then you can come back and bust my balls. Until then, it is all speculation and hate for the kid because he isn't prototypical.

Oh I can't stand the gators. Every gator fan I know never went there and are some of the most obnoxious people I know. So yeah not a fan of them at all.

And yeah you are right, i asked them about Grossman and was told that he was pretty good but nothing amazing. I was incorrect.

Who held the records before Tebow? Was it Worfel?

jaxhawksfan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Oh I can't stand the gators. Every gator fan I know never went there and are some of the most obnoxious people I know. So yeah not a fan of them at all.

And yeah you are right, i asked them about Grossman and was told that he was pretty good but nothing amazing. I was incorrect.

Who held the records before Tebow? Was it Worfel?

Yes, Wuerffel had most of the records before Tebow. To Variable's point about teammates, the '96 Championship team was loaded with talent. Fred Taylor at RB, Ike Hilliard, Reidel Anthony and Jaquez Green at WR, and Jeff Mitchell on the line. I think you could have put just about any qb who was half-decent in that spot and they would have been successful. I COMPLETELY agree with you about the Gator "fans" who have never set foot on campus. They annoy the piss out of me just as much as they do you.

supraman

Liked Posts:
Yes, Wuerffel had most of the records before Tebow. To Variable's point about teammates, the '96 Championship team was loaded with talent. Fred Taylor at RB, Ike Hilliard, Reidel Anthony and Jaquez Green at WR, and Jeff Mitchell on the line. I think you could have put just about any qb who was half-decent in that spot and they would have been successful. I COMPLETELY agree with you about the Gator "fans" who have never set foot on campus. They annoy the piss out of me just as much as they do you.

See I can respect someone that went there but hell man you know how it is down here. Gator and Noles fan that never went to the school or dont have family at the school. basically no connection, they are annoying

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
We already know ESPN and their employees really hate this kid (for the most part). I'll take his W-L versus other well-know qb's at the same point in their careers.
This has to be the most ridiculous statement I've ever heard. Tebow is ESPN's Posterboy and has been pushing him since he was drafted. You can not turn on ESPN without them talking about Jesus Tebow. Another reason why people are so tired of him.

Not to mention he was just on the cover of their magazine again.

jaxhawksfan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
This has to be the most ridiculous statement I've ever heard. Tebow is ESPN's Posterboy and has been pushing him since he was drafted. You can not turn on ESPN without them talking about Jesus Tebow. Another reason why people are so tired of him.

Not to mention he was just on the cover of their magazine again.

They post him and talk about him because of controversy and ratings. I has nothing to do with liking him.

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
They post him and talk about him because of controversy and ratings. I has nothing to do with liking him.
They are single handedly responsible for creating the Tim Tebow phenomenon.

Variable

Liked Posts:
I'd say the fans have some say in that as well. The Broncos caved. Now they are forced to play a gimmick offense that will not last to make up for Tebow's extensive shortcomings.