Santo Finally Gets The Call

Shoots_he_scores

Liked Posts:
University of North Dakota, by way of Oak Lawn
The baseball hall of fame finally has it's missing piece. I'm thrilled Ronnie finally gets in but a part of me hopes that his family just blasts the voters in the acceptance speech. Almost insulting that it happened after his death but better late than never I guess.

Link

JOVE23

Liked Posts:
This was the first year of a new Veterans Committe, which had an in person meeting. Billy Williams was there and he probably had a lot to do with getting Ronnie in. Blast the old fuddy duddy veterans who thought nobody else should get in.

BlackHawkPaul

Fartbarf
Donator
Liked Posts:
Good for Ron.

Too bad he never got the chance to see his own enshrinement.

sth

Liked Posts:
Better late then never. But Ron deserved to get in while he was alive. Glad he finally got the recognition he deserved.

dlrob315

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Well deserved.

Chief Walking Stick

Heeeh heeeeh he said POLES
Donator
Liked Posts:
I have something to say about this but I know people are too attached to him that no matter how I put it people will try to find a reason to be offended.

dlrob315

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I have something to say about this but I know people are too attached to him that no matter how I put it people will try to find a reason to be offended.

Go for it, just back it up! I know some say no just because of the way Ron lobbied and they were turned off. I say yes because his numbers stack up with the 13 other 3rd basemen in the HOF, if people want to make the case that some of those 13 do not belong, I can work with that.

Chief Walking Stick

Heeeh heeeeh he said POLES
Donator
Liked Posts:
Go for it, just back it up! I know some say no just because of the way Ron lobbied and they were turned off. I say yes because his numbers stack up with the 13 other 3rd basemen in the HOF, if people want to make the case that some of those 13 do not belong, I can work with that.

I think it's actually a slap in the face that he was voted in after he died. Either he IS a HOF or he IS NOT a HOF and the fact that it took his death to get him in is really sad.

dlrob315

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I think it's actually a slap in the face that he was voted in after he died. Either he IS a HOF or he IS NOT a HOF and the fact that it took his death to get him in is really sad.

I agree with you.

Shoots_he_scores

Liked Posts:
University of North Dakota, by way of Oak Lawn

Couldn't agree more. I got upset with you last year cause you said something more personal about him, if you don't think he was good enough as a player(which is what should get someone in the HOF, not diabetes or anything else), then fine make your point and back it up but like Al said if you compare his numbers to someone like Brooks Robinson, who many claim to be the best 3B to ever play the game, Santo isn't far off.