"Draft Series: Xavier Henry"

Chitown773

Liked Posts:
recruit_wb_henry_580.jpg

Is it that time of year... no. Nevertheless, Bulls made it clear that frustrations are roaring within - due to scoring droughts. Until these previous games of early December, we all knew what caused this ominous event; Ben Gordon wanted his dignity and Reinsdorf countered, paraphrasing, "Mini-me, please." I'm just being brutally honest, no one else wants to be. Lets own up to it, if you want to win going forward, our best bet is to tank - how's that for pride. Derrick Rose, obviously our franchise player, needs to replenish those assist and points from last year - having personal connections with Derrick and his family - nothing to worry about. Once you enable him, sky's the limit. Though, it isn't happening - at least without him forcing his disposition - until a true scorer/shooter arrives to cure our offensive woes. Xavier Henry - once bear resemblance to Chuckie Finster from Rugrats in part of his hair - has been on my radar as of late. When you look at this Frosh, primarily his physique is what materializes. Then, his family structure exudes pedigree. His brother, C.J., while currently accompanying him on Kansas basketball team, is playing professional baseball during the summers. Also, Xavier's mother and father played basketball professionally. I've never surveyed a more symbolic understanding of Shooting Guard than Xavier Henry. The adult body, but youthful appearance, Henry's arms pack extra-punch, which allows him to duplicate his last shot attempt with consistency - in his own words, "shooting is easy". His Jump-shot is pure as Michael Redd's. Henry's 18 year old strength holds much to desire in the near future, if you haven't already heard. If you're looking for a Scoring or Shooting Guard to assemble alongside Rose, then it doesn't get any worthier than the inbred Oklahoman. I must admit, at this stage of his premature career, Xavier is ahead of former Jayhawk, Brandon Rush. Xavier's first game of the schedule resulted in a outburst for 27 points, recording 5 of 8 from downtown, with additions of 6 for 6 at the free-throw line and he hasn't simmered since. Before going into the game against Hofstra, the 18 year old was asked how hard has it been adjusting to the College game, his response was plain, "I exceed under pressure." While John Wall, Demarcus Cousins, and other Freshmen get the hype from Dick Vitale, Xavier Henry is trying to be incognito - much like Rose, Xavier tailors that action. In every game, so far this year, with two justified stars on the same roster, Xavier has found his niche and admits he's still learning the system that hasn't become second nature. There's no confusion about his ability to score, pass, or play defense. Although, some critics are harping on his lack-of when putting the ball on the floor - that should come along as he matures. In one's own view, Henry doesn't need to put the ball on the floor, his Jump-shot thwarts a lot of catastrophes from igniting. Anticipated: "Rose in transition... he probes... breaking down the defender... they collapse... he kicks it out to...
600b0373-df29-de11-a973-001cc494dda6_original.jpg

jsain360

Liked Posts:
I guess we're starting the Henry bandwagon, I need to watch a few more games to get a feel for him