Packers Implode @ Home

IceHogsFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Giants leading at halftime even without the assist of the refs.

Come on Giants!

phranchk

Liked Posts:
Wouldn't call it imploding yet. Lots of time left and still only 10 point difference. 10 points in today's NFL isn't much.

Edit: make that 7 points

IceHogsFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Wouldn't call it imploding yet. Lots of time left and still only 10 point difference. 10 points in today's NFL isn't much.

Edit: make that 7 points

Should still be 10. They were given a TD and Kuhn just carted off.

bookjones

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Hold tight Giants! 30-13! WOOHOO!

Only 6 more minutes to go and this baby is history! Packers nation deserves this #FAIL for essentially engraving their name on the Lombardi before the season was over while conversely I love the Manning boys---Archie included---so I like to see them succeed.

phranchk

Liked Posts:
Makes for a very interesting conference championship. Should be a tightly contested, defensive game.

CLWolf81

Fan Captain
Liked Posts:
Is it just me or is anyone going to be bored of the Super Bowl IF the Giants win.... We've seen both teams against the Giants in the Super Bowl, so I know who I'm rooting for next week.

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
I always said that having a bye week in the first round is very very tough. He's coming off two weeks of not playing. They have been home and comfortable for weeks since they won their final home game with backups, sure they were healthier probably but not sharp at all. It had been 3 weeks since Rodgers had seen game action.

dlrob315

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I always said that having a bye week in the first round is very very tough. He's coming off two weeks of not playing. They have been home and comfortable for weeks since they won their final home game with backups, sure they were healthier probably but not sharp at all. It had been 3 weeks since Rodgers had seen game action.

Agreed! It probably had more to do with the ladder defininately, 3-1/2 weeks off; taking the last game and a half off should not have been done knowing they were going to get a bye.

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
Drives me nuts when teams come out flat from bye weeks, yet it happens all the time. Not to mention they were supposed to just roll over this team.

Spunky Porkstacker

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Drives me nuts when teams come out flat from bye weeks, yet it happens all the time. Not to mention they were supposed to just roll over this team.

I agree the Packers were rusty but how often does the preseason favorite ever actually win in any sport?

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
I agree the Packers were rusty but how often does the preseason favorite ever actually win in any sport?
Who cares about preseason favorite. They were 15-1. They were pre-season, regular season, bye week, post season. Hell they are probably still the favorite. They put up 6 tds with a backup qb.

Spunky Porkstacker

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I agree they will probably be the favorite for the next few years with the talent they have. But history shows that most of the time the favorite does'nt win.

15-1 does'nt mean shit now.

IceHogsFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I agree they will probably be the favorite for the next few years with the talent they have. But history shows that most of the time the favorite does'nt win.

15-1 does'nt mean shit now.

I have a 10-1 ticket in my hands for the Hawks winning Lord Stanley this season. Does that count?

Variable

Liked Posts:
Who cares about preseason favorite. They were 15-1. They were pre-season, regular season, bye week, post season. Hell they are probably still the favorite. They put up 6 tds with a backup qb.

But it's just one game. Anything can happen over the course of a single game. The Giants made an even bigger example a few years ago against the Patriots.