Crashed Ice

jaxhawksfan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Nice! I know they are wearing plenty of protective gear, but I hope the skates aren't ultra-sharp.

sth

Liked Posts:
I watched it today it was pretty interesting I thought. Looks dangerous.

supraman

Liked Posts:
OKay I already love it, speed, carnage, and ice. Olympics please

CLWolf81

Fan Captain
Liked Posts:
This actually looks cool, but I can picture some idiots in the US trying this and saying they invented it.

supraman

Liked Posts:
So this sport might be the next sport that is awesome that no one cares about. The other I can think of is short track speed skating, it is like nascar on ice but better.

Anyone else think of any others

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
It always looked to me like downhill roller derby on ice.

Which is not a bad thing. I recorded it and will watch it later. I can't really say I'm a fan, but it have an interest in it much like flugtag.

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
Yeah I remember a thread like this last year around this time. It's pretty cool, not sure how vaiable it will become. I'd watch if it other stuff wasn't on. But as a spectator I wouldn't go to watch it. I have a hard time with spectator sports that you get to see like a milesecond of the action. They are mostly watching the whole thing on TV so I'm just as likely to do the same from home.

the canadian dream

Liked Posts:
Yeah I remember a thread like this last year around this time. It's pretty cool, not sure how vaiable it will become. I'd watch if it other stuff wasn't on. But as a spectator I wouldn't go to watch it. I have a hard time with spectator sports that you get to see like a milesecond of the action. They are mostly watching the whole thing on TV so I'm just as likely to do the same from home.

Yah. But I think it's more of one of those "atmosphere" events. They run the track down a major street in Quebec city when they run it there. So it's more of a festival event when it hits Quebec. Which is pretty cool and I am sure the beers are flowing heavy and people are gropping each other. I agree with Lord it's sort of a flugtag type event.

I like watching the wipe outs.

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
I'm not saying I wouldn't go down to where it's happening, I'm just not going to be the guy that is standing on the baords for a couple hours to see a second of the race at the time. That's what bars are for.