• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

CLWolf81

Fan Captain
Liked Posts:
From what I've been reading it seemed like it was a miracle.... I didn't get back home til the game was over last night, so I'm not taking last nights game into context, Stu. I start with the record after the next game.
<

Ashor-redtribe

Liked Posts:
Who nows maybe they like there chances of advancing to the second round if they stick around the seventh seed....but what do I know.

bubbleheadchief

Liked Posts:
Why so angry?
In a nutshell...the "Oh my God the sky is falling, we suck, we're out of the playoffs already" is something I expect from bandwagon fans. Just disappoints and frustrates me to see it come from the posters here, most of us having gone through the dark days as fans......some are just getting spoiled I guess, and can't handle a little adversity

Ashor-redtribe

Liked Posts:
In a nutshell...the "Oh my God the sky is falling, we suck, we're out of the playoffs already" is something I expect from bandwagon fans. Just disappoints and frustrates me to see it come from the posters here, most of us having gone through the dark days as fans......some are just getting spoiled I guess, and can't handle a little adversity

Amen, were two years removed from the cup, more then half the team gone. 20+ games left, anything can happen other teams can lose their stars in anything can happen. It has not been pretty since Dec. its life what are you going to do. Its only a fucken game but some act like the Cup is owed to this team. I have also been around through the bullshit years. I will take this over that any day. In the words of Robert De niro, its just a game fucker!

R K

I'm just being realistic. To be honest with 7 mil in cap space since Olesz was sent down, I expected them to spend some money and help the team. They raised ticket prices again, so why not spend money to improve the team?

Looking at the schedule it's very hard. Check out the next five games alone. Three in buildings with teams playing far better than the Hawks, two of them witht the best home records in hockey.

They can make it, sure. Depends on which team shows up I suppose. But again the organization did NOTHING to help them.

And Acco if you truly believe what you wrote up there, stop smoking pot.

sth

Liked Posts:

I'm naturally a pessimist. I always think my teams will lose. It is mostly just a way to lessen my expectations in case they lose. To be honest the Hawks are a team that will be right on the line. They have the talent to make the playoffs and at least hang around, but they have not much margin for error. They have to play well now or they'll miss the playoffs. Step up or go home, I don't think any of us know how they will respond.

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Looking at the ay things are now.

Dallas, Colorado, and LA are the teams knocking at our door, each with 3 less points, and only Dallas has the game in hand.

Dalas would have to win it's game in hand in regulation (We're tied with 29 ROW), and then pull in at least 1 more point than us to leapfrog us in the standings. If their game-in-hand is a shootout, they have to win the game against us...if not, their goal differential is -6 while ours is +4.

Even if that happens, that just drops us to 8. Colorado and LA would need to win one more than us and at least get 1 additional more point than us to tie.

Although, as a counterpoint, our next 5 games have 4 playoff teams...Dallas has 3, and Colorado and LA have 2.

I still think we are capable, even missing Toews, of keeping pace with at least Colorado and LA, if not Dallas.

To update--and yes, it's only 1 game:

We're now in 6th: The Sharks, Dallas, Colorado, and LA are 7-9, respectively.

The Sharks have 3 in hand, 2 less points, and 3 less ROW wins than us. They have to win at least 1 of their games in hand, and get a point in the other to top us. If they only win one of their games in hand and match us the rest of the way, they would have to get at least 2 more ROW wins (3, if their game in hand is a shootout), and then they beat us on point differential between our clubs.

Dallas still has a game in hand, but are 4 points back. They need to win their game in hand, have one more win in addition, and get at least one more point in addition than what we get to top us, if they win their game in hand and get 1 more win while otherwise matching our record (ending in a tie for points), then, both of thoise need to be a ROW win, and match us in ROW wins the rest of the way. if they tie in ROW ins, they have to get a point last game between our clubs. If they don't they have to overcome a 12 goal differential or more (We are +5, they are -7).

Colorado and LA are now 5 points back, with a game in hand. They both need to win their game in hand, an additional game that we don't win, and get at least 1 point to tie our points. They are 4 and 5 ROW's behind us, repectively. The Avs would win on point differential from there (we have 3 points, they have 6). LA would have to get a point in their last game against us, and if we beat them in regulation, they would have to overcome a 4 goal differential (+5 to +1) to beat us.

As such, all we have to do is keep pace, and now, SJ has 3 of 5 playoff teams in their next 5, Dallas has 2 (and they both play each other), Colorado has 2, and LA has 3 (one game against us--home game). We have 4.

I, again, think we can keep pace with both Colorado and LA, and possibly Dallas.

EspoForever

Liked Posts:

Have you watched any of the last 140 games? 140 games is about the time since banner raising night and it is a LONG TIME to keep repeating the same mistakes. I live an 8 hour round trip from Chicago and came to just as many games in 2002-2006 as I did 2009-now (per year) so I have stuck through lots of stuff, but back then we had BAD players. This group is losing because they don't have a system, or just don't care very much. No playing up to potential frustrates me a lot more than just not being good enough.

Lampshade_gurl

Liked Posts:
I say yes! They have the talent....just gotta make sure big names show up every game and STAY OUT OF THE BOX!

Larmer83

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
The have nots have borrowed from the havs every year since the CBA was signed.

Well thanks for that tid bit. Did it occur to you my statement that "up their revenue sharing " implies they are currently giving money to the have nots?

The Count Dante

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

I think you would hear a different reaction if the boys were coming out each and every night playing hard, maybe wrecked with injury, just not getting bounces, and overall playing a level of game that the skill of the team merits but still losing games. Instead, Hawks are in the bottom 10 of some very key stats and at this point, their play for the season doesnt warrant a playoff birth. That is not nay-saying or Sky is Falling, but just the way it is, at least in my mind.

When a poll is posed Will Hawks Make Playoffs, I said no. Certainly not with the brand of hockey they have been playing. Are they capable? MORE than capable. And at least from me, that is the negativity in my own comments.

fanof19

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I think thy make the playoffs, and at the end of the season some part of the core gets traded.

Samurai

Ridiculum Anserini
Liked Posts:
I voted yes**.

**If 19 remains on the shelf for much longer than the next 5 games, it'll be tight.

roshinaya

fnord
Donator
Liked Posts:
I think thy make the playoffs, and at the end of the season some part of the core gets traded.

I wouldn't be surprised to see a core member getting traded to be honest. Might have to give up someone to get someone to fill the #2 center role.

Maiden

Liked Posts:
Well thanks for that tid bit. Did it occur to you my statement that "up their revenue sharing " implies they are currently giving money to the have nots?

My post would indicate to you probably not. Then again your definition of the have's and have not's might differ.