Mar. 21 Vancouver

Mar. 25 Nashville

Mar. 27 at New Jersey

Mar. 29 St. Louis

Mar. 31 at Nashville

Apr. 1 Minnesota

Apr. 5 at Minnesota

Apr. 7 at Detroit

They have 73 points. I don't think anything less than 95-97 gets them into the playoffs. That means they need to go 11-7 or 12-6 over this last stretch. I've looked at this several times, and I just cannot see where those wins will come from.

I don't think they do it.

jakobeast

Liked Posts:
Unless the Hawks start playing hard, like they have previously, no way. The power play needs to wake up. I honestly believe the Hawks could have won any of the last 3 games, and even during the 9 gamer I thought they could have won at least half.

R K

I tend to say it depends on Toews heath. That said the teams behind them have to be better than your record above or like last year, they'll skate right in.

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I think they make it...barely

We may have to go something like 11 and 7, but so do all of the teams beneath us.

Pez68

Fire Quenneville
Liked Posts:
If Toews isn't back soon, I don't think they have a chance. The center depth is just too pathetic. Worst team in the NHL up the middle as of right now.

Chief Walking Stick

Heeeh heeeeh he said POLES
Donator
Liked Posts:
Feb. 29 Toronto

Mar. 2 at Ottawa

Mar. 4 at Detroit

Mar. 6 at St. Louis

Mar. 9 NY Rangers

Mar. 11 Los Angeles

Mar. 13 St. Louis

Mar. 16 at Dallas

Mar. 18 Washington

Mar. 20 at Columbus

Mar. 21 Vancouver

Mar. 25 Nashville

Mar. 27 at New Jersey

Mar. 29 St. Louis

Mar. 31 at Nashville

Apr. 1 Minnesota

Apr. 5 at Minnesota

Apr. 7 at Detroit

They have 73 points. I don't think anything less than 95-97 gets them into the playoffs. That means they need to go 11-7 or 12-6 over this last stretch. I've looked at this several times, and I just cannot see where those wins will come from.

Looking more like they're going to be about .500.

klemmer

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Feb. 29 Toronto

Mar. 2 at Ottawa

Mar. 4 at Detroit

Mar. 6 at St. Louis

Mar. 9 NY Rangers

Mar. 11 Los Angeles

Mar. 13 St. Louis

Mar. 16 at Dallas

Mar. 18 Washington

Mar. 20 at Columbus

Mar. 21 Vancouver

Mar. 25 Nashville

Mar. 27 at New Jersey

Mar. 29 St. Louis

Mar. 31 at Nashville

Apr. 1 Minnesota

Apr. 5 at Minnesota

Apr. 7 at Detroit

Toranna, CBUS, and maybe Minnesota... then .500 if they win those 4 games.

I think they watch from the sidelines

Larmer83

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I vote Dany.

the canadian dream

Liked Posts:
yah 95 is probably the number.

It's going to be tough there is no doubts about it. Some of those teams got better the last couple weeks and while we have Toews out and an ongoing gm/president/coach fiasco acting as a huge distraction it's hard to be very positive.

But I am going to remain positive because that is all I have in my Hawks life other than an ulcer. That's a tough schedule though for sure. Not only riddles with some hot teams and some teams the Hawks have tough times against but also full of teams also fighting for playoff spots in the East and West. There are no games in there where you can take nights off and this is part of the season now where you simply have to put 100% effort on every shift and limit your mistakes. I don't think the Hawks have it in them but I have to stay positive.

Bright side is if they don't make it it's a better draft pick and an instant Q firing. Good times.

Larmer83

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
On the bright side, no back-to-back games in the first10. Only one stretch of 3 games in 4 nights.

Shantz My Pants

Liked Posts:
Tough to say. They could keep find their game again and start a streak of wins, or keep playing like AHLers and have early tee times at the links...

PatrickSharpRules

Liked Posts:
Hawks make the playoffs. Toews desperately needs to comeback, but we make the playoffs. Would be a fucking atrocity if a roster this talented didn't make it to the playoffs, this isn't the MLB where 4 teams make it, there's 8 god damn spots for us. Sad that this thread had to even be made.

Rex

Chief Blackcock
Liked Posts:
when does Toews come back?

the canadian dream

Liked Posts:
We could be in the same position as last year watching two different teams dictate our playoff hopes on the last day of the season. I sure the fuck hope not although that was a pretty fun Wild/Stars game last year and it's one that will remain in my memories. Was fun being in chat with that game on. It's a different converstaion when 2 teams are going at it who are not the Hawks. It was stressfull but a fun day.

winos5

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I say they squeak in again. Perhaps on the last regular season game again.

roshinaya

fnord
Donator
Liked Posts:
They might make it, but only if they can somehow improve from the abysmal effort shown in this latest skid. I don't think it will be clear until the last day if they make it. I would love to be wrong, but don't have faith that they can turn it around, especially with Toews on the sideline.

EspoForever

Liked Posts:
when does Toews come back?

I'm afraid Toews will be back next year. He has an upper body injury and has not skated yet, unless that is intentional mis-information.

If his arm/shoulder/wrist was hurt, he'd be skating to keep his legs. He has to have a head injury to not be skating.

But Toews or no Toews, if we don't play like a team we see stretches like the 9-gamer...we had Toews for that and he could not pull us above our own disorganization.

I see no way we make it unless these guys quit saying "we've learned our lesson" and SHOW US they have learned their lesson.

CLWolf81

Fan Captain
Liked Posts:
If they fixed a bit more of their holes or fired their coach sometime within the next few days, I'd say they're in.

But with the lack of effort and motivation I've seen in prior games, they're out. I don't care who their opponent is. They're out.

Decent effort and motivation is a key factor in morale. Morale itself is a factor in winning games... and they lack both effort and motivation right now.

I think Jim Mora said it best...

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U7fjDS0jKiE[/youtube]

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Looking at the ay things are now.

Dallas, Colorado, and LA are the teams knocking at our door, each with 3 less points, and only Dallas has the game in hand.

Dalas would have to win it's game in hand in regulation (We're tied with 29 ROW), and then pull in at least 1 more point than us to leapfrog us in the standings. If their game-in-hand is a shootout, they have to win the game against us...if not, their goal differential is -6 while ours is +4.

Even if that happens, that just drops us to 8. Colorado and LA would need to win one more than us and at least get 1 additional more point than us to tie.

Although, as a counterpoint, our next 5 games have 4 playoff teams...Dallas has 3, and Colorado and LA have 2.

I still think we are capable, even missing Toews, of keeping pace with at least Colorado and LA, if not Dallas.

supraman

Liked Posts:
No way we make the playoffs. No one really gives a shit right now, sick of Q's crap.