How Deep Will The Hawks Go?

How Deep Into the Post-Season Will The Hawks Go?

• Conference Quarter-Finalist

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Conference Semi-Finalist

• Conference Finalist

• Stanley Cup Finalist

• Stanley Cup Winner

• Total voters

Rex

Chief Blackcock
Liked Posts:
Last time I checked the Hawks don't even have an "x" next to their name in the standings yet.

yes, the thread is a little premature.

Tater

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Last time I checked the Hawks don't even have an "x" next to their name in the standings yet.

downer1.jpg

Ton

Liked Posts:
At this point, with the #3 seed and 7-11 seeds playing each other in the last few games, it would take a string of incredible bad luck to miss the playoffs entirely. At this point, 3 teams would have to win at least 3 of their last 4-6 games in regulation, and gain points in OT with the Hawks losing every remaining game in regulation. I didn't do the math, but I'd guess the odds of that are incredibly low with every team playing each other. They won't have an X until the 9th seed can no longer catch up to them in points, but they could already be in mathematically. The 10th and 11th seeds are pretty much done if the Hawks gain another point next game, and the Sharks basically control LA's destiny along with the Stars.

REMAINING SCHEDULE

#3 San Jose Sharks: Ducks, Coyotes, Stars (2x), Kings (2x)

#7 Dallas Stars: Oilers, Canucks, Sharks (2x), Predators, Blues

#8 Phoenix Coyotes: Sharks, Ducks, Blue Jackets, Blues, Wild

#9 Los Angeles Kings: Flames, Oilers (2x), Wild, Sharks (2x)

#10 Colorado Avalanche: Canucks, Flames, Blue Jackets, Predators

#11 Calgary Flames: Kings, Avalanche, Canucks (2x), Ducks

CLWolf81

Fan Captain
Liked Posts:

I can't believe I agree with Stu on something...

Our schedule remaining isn't really too pretty...

vs. St Louis

@ Nashville

vs Minnesota

@ Minnesota

@ Detroit

I could see us winning maybe one of these. That would put us at 95 pts and barely possibly kissing 7th, and we all know what that means. Phoenix has a favorable schedule and so does LA at this point. If we end up at 8th or even out of the playoffs entirely, I won't be surprised. However... IF they take out anyone else other than Minnesota at home, I'll expect nothing lower than 6th.

They really need 2 wins to ensure 6th place for sure. Doesn't matter against who, either.

In other words, my judgment on this vote is really based on our first round opponent.

Rex

Chief Blackcock
Liked Posts:
I can't believe I agree with Stu on something...

Our schedule remaining isn't really too pretty...

vs. St Louis

@ Nashville

vs Minnesota

@ Minnesota

@ Detroit

I could see us winning maybe one of these. That would put us at 95 pts and barely possibly kissing 7th, and we all know what that means. Phoenix has a favorable schedule and so does LA at this point. If we end up at 8th or even out of the playoffs entirely, I won't be surprised. However... IF they take out anyone else other than Minnesota at home, I'll expect nothing lower than 6th.

They really need 2 wins to ensure 6th place for sure. Doesn't matter against who, either.

In other words, my judgment on this vote is really based on our first round opponent.

97 points got us 8th seed last season.

R K

Yep. Looks like that will be the case again.

huh? 8th seed will have 94-95pts this year.

You are calling the two games against Minny hard? They better win those, or at least one of them. The team is fucking terrible.

Rex

Chief Blackcock
Liked Posts:

You are calling the two games against Minny hard? They better win those, or at least one of them. The team is fucking terrible.

Minny is either very hot, or very cold. Can't take them as an easy 2 points.

R K

Minny is either very hot, or very cold. Can't take them as an easy 2 points.

can take them easier than the other opponents. I don't think you take anyone easy but I'd expect points out of those games.

Rex

Chief Blackcock
Liked Posts:
can take them easier than the other opponents. I don't think you take anyone easy but I'd expect points out of those games.

yup, I just want them to come out like it's a playoff game.

Maiden

Liked Posts:

I agree with RK.....if you can't beat Minnesota twice then just skip the playoffs and save us all the money and trouble.

CLWolf81

Fan Captain
Liked Posts:

That's where one if not both of the wins comes from.

winos5

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
We have a comfortable 5 point lead on 7-8 with 5 games remaining. Tems from 3, 7-11 are going to have to play each other too many times for the Hawks not to get in. While it's mathematically possibe for the Hawks not to make the playoffs it is very unlikely. They will probably be the 6th seed or less likely 5th.

I think Calgary is done after loosing last night.

R K

That's where one if not both of the wins comes from.

So they will win none of the other games? Did you see Detroit play Columbus and have their ass handed to them last night?

what a bunch of doom and gloom around here. I suppose 21000 fans should stay home tonight, no way are they winning. Even though they've beaten them twice before and the last time at home, without JT.

As pointed out above, twice, with the schedule of the Pacific teams NO WAY do they all catch and pass the Hawks at this point.

For a team 9-2-2 in their last 13 games holy FUCK!

BlackHawkPaul

Fartbarf
Donator
Liked Posts:
There was a poll/pole on Miller's BHZ that asked with the remaining 6 games (NJ included), how many points would the Hawks get. I chose 6 points-- basically predicted them going 2-2-2 for the final half dozen.

The team played very well in the OTL against NJ-- dominated them on the puck/shots. Brodeur came up strong, and the PP unfortunately pooped the bed as usual.

RK is correct-- Detroit has serious issues in net with Howard and McDonald on the mend. Conks is not the answer. I watched the BJ/DET game, and the Wings had a late surge in the 3rd, other than that-- they had a bad game.

Minnesota has lost Cullen for the remainder of the year with a hand injury-- he's probably their best guy on the dot-- plus Harding/Hackett is not going well there. My pick is that both wins come against the Wild. I think Nashville/St. Louis are losses, but the Hawks play the Blues tough (except the bad 5-1 loss). Detroit is up in the air, so picking an OTL for that game may have been premature-- then again all predicting is premature.

Rex

Chief Blackcock
Liked Posts:
So they will win none of the other games? Did you see Detroit play Columbus and have their ass handed to them last night?

what a bunch of doom and gloom around here. I suppose 21000 fans should stay home tonight, no way are they winning. Even though they've beaten them twice before and the last time at home, without JT.

As pointed out above, twice, with the schedule of the Pacific teams NO WAY do they all catch and pass the Hawks at this point.

For a team 9-2-2 in their last 13 games holy FUCK!

lol I'm not being doom and gloom bud. I am actually thinking they go 3-1-1 in the next 5 games.

supraman

Liked Posts:
I know this, Nashville will kick our asses