How Deep Will The Hawks Go?

How Deep Into the Post-Season Will The Hawks Go?

• Conference Quarter-Finalist

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Conference Semi-Finalist

• Conference Finalist

• Stanley Cup Finalist

• Stanley Cup Winner

• Total voters

R K

I can't believe I agree with Stu on something...

Our schedule remaining isn't really too pretty...

vs. St Louis

@ Nashville

vs Minnesota

@ Minnesota

@ Detroit

I could see us winning maybe one of these. That would put us at 95 pts and barely possibly kissing 7th, and we all know what that means. Phoenix has a favorable schedule and so does LA at this point. If we end up at 8th or even out of the playoffs entirely, I won't be surprised. However... IF they take out anyone else other than Minnesota at home, I'll expect nothing lower than 6th.

They really need 2 wins to ensure 6th place for sure. Doesn't matter against who, either.

In other words, my judgment on this vote is really based on our first round opponent.

You should stop predicting outcomes! Theres the first one of your maybe seeing us win one of those. 95pts, we have 95 now.

winos5

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
20 points, 9-2-2 for March. Has there been a hotter team? Don't think so.

R K

20 points, 9-2-2 for March. Has there been a hotter team? Don't think so.

10-2-2 in their last 14.

All without Toews.

Keith gone for 3

Kruger gone for one

Montedor out all (not even using NJ game)

Mayers out one

Hjarlmarsson how ever many games.

Pretty remarkable. But people will still find shit to bitch and moan about.

winos5

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Thats fine, I hope the pundits keep ignoring it so they can sucker punch teams in the 1st 2 rounds. I prefer them to be under-rated/underdogs.

Ton

Liked Posts:
10-2-2 in their last 14.

All without Toews.

Keith gone for 3

Kruger gone for one

Montedor out all (not even using NJ game)

Mayers out one

Hjarlmarsson how ever many games.

Pretty remarkable. But people will still find shit to bitch and moan about.

And IMO, this falls on the coaching staff. If they receive criticism for the losing streak they have to gain respect for a remarkable run with limited resources. Q has gained a lot of my respect back.

R K

I agreed with you somewhat in the other thread.

Coyotes take 2-0 lead!!!!! Woo hoo! Closer! Come on Coyotes!

CLWolf81

Fan Captain
Liked Posts:
You should stop predicting outcomes! Theres the first one of your maybe seeing us win one of those. 95pts, we have 95 now.

Me predicting shitty outcomes = Hawks win.... Maybe I should keep doing that more often.
<

Ton

Liked Posts:
If the Sharks lose their next game, we will clinch a playoff spot. Either way, it's impossible for us to miss the post-season at this point because it would require the Sharks, Kings and Coyotes to win the rest of their games... and the Sharks play the Kings twice so we are in.

Although the X is not next to our name, it is virtually impossible to miss the post-season due to the schedule.

CLWolf81

Fan Captain
Liked Posts:
If that's what you were doing I'd jump right on the bandwagon! Have some faith!

Whenever that happens, then we lose games... A lot of that has happened this year.

mikita's helmet

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Count me in w/Wino5 & Big Pete. I'm always hopeful, not always realistic.

Ton

Liked Posts:
I'm surprised that most of the votes have gone towards winning the Cup... with all the negativity all year, have the upbeat people been hiding?

R K

Whenever that happens, then we lose games... A lot of that has happened this year.

Well they are 11-2-2. 10-2-2 in the month of march. Tying the best record in March EVER with the 91-92 team.

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Realistically, the only teams that scare me in the playoffs are Nashville, Phoenix, and LA. Our records are more lacklsuter against them than any other team. The rest of them we are even with or have a winning record.

Honestly, I hope we leapfrog Nashville and see Detroit. 2nd situation is hoping to see Dallas. I don't like the odds against the Coyotes, Nashville, or LA based on our record.

That being said, whomever we face, our boys should have the mentality of tearing through them like Roseanne tears through a bag of pork rinds.

Ashor-redtribe

Liked Posts:
I feel like the first round is always the hardest for the Hawks IMO. It always feels like its a 7 games even though its not.

R K

I feel like the first round is always the hardest for the Hawks IMO. It always feels like its a 7 games even though its not.

6 against the Flames, 6 against the Preds and 7 against the Canucks. Last three years it's been pretty close to 7.

Rex

Chief Blackcock
Liked Posts:
6 against the Flames, 6 against the Preds and 7 against the Canucks. Last three years it's been pretty close to 7.

The Flames series didn't feel that bad, All six games looked like we could win if I remember correctly. Barker was on fire that series.