How Deep Will The Hawks Go?

How Deep Into the Post-Season Will The Hawks Go?

• Conference Quarter-Finalist

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Conference Semi-Finalist

• Conference Finalist

• Stanley Cup Finalist

• Stanley Cup Winner

• Total voters

Ton

Liked Posts:
Since we've already had a topic on if the Hawks will make the playoffs or not (58.33% said yes, 41.67% said no) I figured we should start one on how far the they will go since they are pretty much locked in with the 7-10 seeds all playing each other in the final games.

For me, it really depends on who they play but unless they have a favorable path, I can't see them making it to the Finals this year. I think they end up in 6th, win 2 rounds, and then lose in the Conference Finals to Nashville. Yes, I am predicting a Stanley Cup Final appearance for the Preds but I just can't see many teams beating them in a 7-game series.

If that happens, that means we'd probably have to face St. Louis in the 2nd round unless they somehow lose to the 8th seed or Vancouver loses to the 7th seed, both of which I can't see happening. If one of the top 2 seeds lose, we'll have to face Detroit or Nashville in the 2nd round. If both of them lose, we'd have the 7th seed.

roshinaya

fnord
Donator
Liked Posts:
It's really difficult to predict how this team will fare in the playoffs. Obviously it depends on who they will face, but even if they faced a team that they should beat, you never know with these Hawks. Can only hope that they find another playoff gear once they get started and go on a roll. Second round ought to be the most realistic, but wouldn't be surprised if they didn't make that far. Making it out to the conference finals would be a roaring success.

PS. Are you supposed to be able to choose multiple options?

winos5

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
They bring home a second cup in 3 years.

IceHogsFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
DANY!

To many variables with players out to even fathom this question. I prefer to take one game at a time.

Ashor-redtribe

Liked Posts:
I still have a glimmer of hope for my preseason prediction of Pens Hawks rematch of 92. Pending Toews health, PP struggles.

Hawks beat Sharks, and the Blues.

Wings beat the Preds, and the Nucks

Hawks vs Wings in the Confrence Finals. Hawks win

Hawks vs Pens in the Finals.

Pens win the Cup

Rex

Chief Blackcock
Liked Posts:
I also vote Dany.

BlackHawkPaul

Fartbarf
Donator
Liked Posts:
I still have a glimmer of hope for my preseason prediction of Pens Hawks rematch of 92.

Hawks beat Sharks, and the Blues.

Wings beat the Preds, and the Nucks

Hawks vs Wings in the Confrence Finals. Hawks win

Hawks vs Pens in the Finals.

Pens win the Cup

I think you're giving too much credit to the Wings and their inability to play well outside the Joe.

If the Preds get the 4, the Wings are out in the first round.

I really think that the Preds make the conference finals.

Hawks play 6 versus 3 spoiler and lose to the Blues in the second round.

I do agree that its the Pens cup to lose. They look powerful, but they have to solve teams like the Sens-- who put up 8 on them (sans the Flower) the other night.

Maiden

Liked Posts:
As far as their goaltending takes them, plain and simple.

whiteevo

Liked Posts:
balls deep, somebody had to say it.

BigPete

Liked Posts:
Stanley Cup Winner

Optimism! I has it.

supraman

Liked Posts:
I can't say. All I do know is you can take everything you seen in the regular season and toss it out a fucking window (except maybe the inept PP). The hawks are a playoff team, every one (myself included) that bitches about their lack of physicality, yeah in the playoffs its there. Look last season we barely got into the playoffs and took the eventual conference champs to seven games after being down 0-3 in the series. If Campoli didn't have a bit of bad luck we might have advanced to the next round.

That is one thing I love about the hawks they are amazing to watch in the playoffs, it all comes together. Q's line matching makes him look like a genius. Bolly's antics piss off some of the saints of the league. Kane and Toews are fucking magic in the playoffs. Kane will always be known more for his playoff heroics than his regular seasons. Has anyone forgot the dirty backhand against lou for the hat trick? How about the game 5 tying goal against Nashville? What about the game six winner? Kane's legend will be made in the playoffs. Toews....he's fucking John Henry, no one can beat him down in the playoffs he just keeps fighting, who's forgot his tying goal last year? It was a goal you tell your grandkids about when you are a dinosaur and his jersey is on its way to the rafters.

So you know what this team could win it all or out in the first but we will go down swinging

Hell I didn't even mention Keith losing seven teeth and he what missed a handful of shifts? I don't want to be the team going up against the hawks, it won't be easy

Rex

Chief Blackcock
Liked Posts:
I can't say. All I do know is you can take everything you seen in the regular season and toss it out a fucking window (except maybe the inept PP). The hawks are a playoff team, every one (myself included) that bitches about their lack of physicality, yeah in the playoffs its there. Look last season we barely got into the playoffs and took the eventual conference champs to seven games after being down 0-3 in the series. If Campoli didn't have a bit of bad luck we might have advanced to the next round.

That is one thing I love about the hawks they are amazing to watch in the playoffs, it all comes together. Q's line matching makes him look like a genius. Bolly's antics piss off some of the saints of the league. Kane and Toews are fucking magic in the playoffs. Kane will always be known more for his playoff heroics than his regular seasons. Has anyone forgot the dirty backhand against lou for the hat trick? How about the game 5 tying goal against Nashville? What about the game six winner? Kane's legend will be made in the playoffs. Toews....he's fucking John Henry, no one can beat him down in the playoffs he just keeps fighting, who's forgot his tying goal last year? It was a goal you tell your grandkids about when you are a dinosaur and his jersey is on its way to the rafters.

So you know what this team could win it all or out in the first but we will go down swinging

Hell I didn't even mention Keith losing seven teeth and he what missed a handful of shifts? I don't want to be the team going up against the hawks, it won't be easy

not to mention Johnny's deke goal in game six in Nashville, or Duncan Keith coming up huge in game 4 and 5 last year, rallying behind the loss of his buddy and partner.

supraman

Liked Posts:
not to mention Johnny's deke goal in game six in Nashville, or Duncan Keith coming up huge in game 4 and 5 last year, rallying behind the loss of his buddy and partner.

Hell yeah that too. All I'm saying is I dont count the hawks out

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I honestly think we'll sink or swim depending on how smart the D plays. If the D keeps it simple Craw or Emery should be good enough--as well as the O we have. We start getting cute and trying to make unsafe high-risk plays, we're going to get folded like lawn furniture.

Chief Walking Stick

Heeeh heeeeh he said POLES
Donator
Liked Posts:
Last time I checked the Hawks don't even have an "x" next to their name in the standings yet.