NBA Video Games

Liked Posts:
Alright...looks like I'm getting a PS3 for Christmas. I know you guys know what's good. So i just want to ask you all...which is the best NBA game on the market right now?

Here's what I'm looking for...

1. Being able to play every game with a wide selection of throwback uniforms.
2. Being able to trade whoever I want.
3. Graphics so good it's like watching it on tv.

What's my game?

Thanks for any input!

frank

P.S. What's on your Christmas list this year?

Kush77

Liked Posts:
NBA Live 10 should be your game.

NBA 2K 10 has so many issues I don't even want to list them.

But any game will let you trade who you want. Just have to turn on the trade override option.

NBA Live had a bunch of throwback jerseys and graphically is better looking than NBA 2K10.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I haven't played any 2010 game or anything on a next gen system, so I'm not sure how much my opinion will hold here, but I think you can't go wrong with either Live or 2K at this point. 2K has long been a fantastic series of games and Live I have heard has really stepped it up this year.

pinkizdead

Liked Posts:
Kush77 wrote:
NBA Live 10 should be your game.

NBA 2K 10 has so many issues I don't even want to list them.

But any game will let you trade who you want. Just have to turn on the trade override option.

NBA Live had a bunch of throwback jerseys and graphically is better looking than NBA 2K10.

2k has been on top for so many years, but something about it sucks this year. i dont even enjoy playing it. i find myself yelling at my tv screen when i do play it. the post up is absolutely rediculous, there are strange phantom calls, and neither taj nor james johnson's face is in the game.

pinkizdead

Liked Posts:
hay frank if you buy a ps3 from china, if you move back to america, you wont be able to play american games on it. it's got to with regionalization?

Liked Posts:
Hey thanks for that heads up. Though the price would be much, much lower you have to worry about boot-legging and run the risk of stuff not working when you get back. Same thing with the movies...if they find bootleg movies in your bags you could be in some hot water.

They have movies on DVD here the week they hit the theatres. lol

pinkizdead wrote:
hay frank if you buy a ps3 from china, if you move back to america, you wont be able to play american games on it. it's got to with regionalization?

Shakes

Iconoclast
Liked Posts:
I'm enjoying the my player mode in NBA 2k10, haven't really played association on it.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
pinkizdead wrote:
Oh right, if you get a PS3, try to make sure it plays NTSC games so that when you come back to the states you can play American games. Otherwise you'll have to find PAL versions of everything which is a pain to do in the states.

engies

Liked Posts:
2K improved alot once the patch came out. You just need to download the Real 2k Insider's rosters and some good sliders (Pared's post patch) to make it work better

MikeMeraz

Liked Posts:
Frank Breakfast-Styleham wrote:
Alright...looks like I'm getting a PS3 for Christmas. I know you guys know what's good. So i just want to ask you all...which is the best NBA game on the market right now?

What's my game?

Thanks for any input!

frank

NBA 2k10 is your game, trust me, it might have some issues only at the moment but those issues should be fixed after the holidays. NBA Live 03 is still better than NBA Live 10, after NBA Live 03, the series went downhill in my opinion and have failed to make it back up even half way. NBA 2k10 is far more superior in gameplay. I think Live looks cartoonish. Just my opinion- PeaCe!

RC_Skinny22

Sharpshooter
Donator
Liked Posts:
When you get your PS3, go to the PSN store and download both demos. You can find out which gameplay fits better to you.

In NBA Live 10 you have for the Bulls:

White Home
Red Away
Black Alternate
84-85 White Home
84-85 Red Away
St. Patricks Day
95-96 Black Alternate
Latin Nights
Green Week

The players look damn good. They have the original tattoos and shoes.

If you have any questions about Live 10 you can ask me any time.

Kush77

Liked Posts:
MikeMeraz wrote:
Frank Breakfast-Styleham wrote:

What's my game?

Thanks for any input!

frank

NBA 2k10 is your game, trust me, it might have some issues only at the moment but those issues should be fixed after the holidays. NBA Live 03 is still better than NBA Live 10, after NBA Live 03, the series went downhill in my opinion and have failed to make it back up even half way. NBA 2k10 is far more superior in gameplay. I think Live looks cartoonish. Just my opinion- PeaCe!

Mike knows of these issues because we can't move forward with our NBA 2K10 league because games get dropped at the first stoppage of play.

I still prefer NBA 2K, but NBa Live is good enough now that I have no problems dropping NBA 2K because of their inexcusable mistakes with this year's game.

Sure, there will be another major patch in January. So a game that comes out in October requires two major patches to be fully playable by January. That's inexcusable for a game promoting it's 10 year anniversary while making rookie mistakes.

I have the luxury of getting review copies from game companies because of my job, but if I had to pay 60 bucks a pop for these still, I'd be beyond furious with NBA 2K10.

The my player mode is fun, but even that has issues with consistency. I don't know what the hell is going on at 2K sports. They were the king in 2005, 2006. But now they are a joke. NBA 2K10 has too many mistakes, NHL 2K10 sucks, MLB 2K9 really really sucks, they lost college basketball and haven't had football since 05. 2K sports needs a kick in the ass.

Diddy1122

I ain't your pal dickface
Liked Posts:
Kush77 wrote:
Mike knows of these issues because we can't move forward with our NBA 2K10 league because games get dropped at the first stoppage of play.

I still prefer NBA 2K, but NBa Live is good enough now that I have no problems dropping NBA 2K because of their inexcusable mistakes with this year's game.

Sure, there will be another major patch in January. So a game that comes out in October requires two major patches to be fully playable by January. That's inexcusable for a game promoting it's 10 year anniversary while making rookie mistakes.

I have the luxury of getting review copies from game companies because of my job, but if I had to pay 60 bucks a pop for these still, I'd be beyond furious with NBA 2K10.

The my player mode is fun, but even that has issues with consistency. I don't know what the hell is going on at 2K sports. They were the king in 2005, 2006. But now they are a joke. NBA 2K10 has too many mistakes, NHL 2K10 sucks, MLB 2K9 really really sucks, they lost college basketball and haven't had football since 05. 2K sports needs a kick in the ass.

Agreed. I mean every game is gonna have it's problems when it comes out, but 2K10 is just ridiculous. I've been playing COD almost exclusively (best game of the year imho) until the new patch comes out for 2K. But I decided to play last night & had another wonderful experience. I was running along the sideline by the opposing bench & was subsequently pushed out of bounds by a player coming off the bench to check in at the scorer's table! WTF!? How is that a TO on me!? Not to mention the game is slower than ever, post ups are insanely bad, & there are times when you are shooting a FT & it's just a close up of your player's face. How the hell are you supposed to know when to release the ball when you're staring at Greg Oden's ugly ass mug!?

But I'd still take it over Live. Hehe.

RC_Skinny22

Sharpshooter
Donator
Liked Posts:
I think Kush and me had a little conversation in an other thread where we talked about the pros and cons from each game.

I´ll see if I can find it.

Kush77

Liked Posts:
Bullseye wrote:
Here it is.

http://www.bullspodcasters.com/forums?func=view&catid=5&id=28655#28666

It´s not that full of information than I thought but it´s still worth a look.

I remember that.

I played Live the other day and it still has that thing where the guy will continue to drive into the D even though you're pulling back, then he'll just lose the ball. I guess you just have to be careful on where and when to drive.

But this is based on what Frank wanted (jerseys, looks)

I've always said Live 10 was the better looking game. The presentation, the stadiums etc.. and they have all the jerseys, even Los Bulls.

I hope 2K gets their act together with this 2nd patch because I would like to do our online league.