[A] Mike Haviland Fired

PatrickShart

Liked Posts:
I think the coaches get too much credit for wins...and too much blame for losses

I don't think losing Mike fucking Haviland is as such a travesty or a conspiracy as people are making it out to be. Players don't complete passes on the PP...and people whine about the coaches. Well, Haviland was one of the coaches. No one on the boards knows what he actually controlled in the video rooms, on the ice, in meetings. They just assume.

If they bring in Smith to replace him, it would be an upgrade. I won't lose an ounce of sleep because he's gone

klemmer

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Nothing to do with Dale.... everything to do with other job offers?

How about the fact that they had a VERY successful season, and Dale's not going to do anything that could potentially disrupt the chemistry?

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
Next thing you know they will have Eddie o coaching.

xatruio

Liked Posts:
BRING BACK SAVVY!!

i was taking out some trash when my mom told me about it from the sports-ticker at the bottom of the Devils game. She started with " They fired...." then an 'M' sound

was so wishing/ready for her to say McDonna, but she said Mike Haviland D':

w

t

f

Pez68

Fire Quenneville
Liked Posts:
Step back and really look at this, and this is nothing but a political move from Q. He just secured the next season as head coach of the Blackhawks. If the Hawks were going to fire Q, they would likely have promoted Havi to head coach. Now, he's gone. There's ZERO CHANCE the Hawks fire Q, and promote Kitchen to head coach. ZERO. So, the chances of Q getting fired if the Hawks struggled next season just dropped dramatically. He leaves his designated driver Kitchen in place, knowing damn well the Hawks won't fire him and promote Kitchen. Stan gave Q an ultimatum about the coaching staff, and he chose his drinking buddy over Haviland. Not surprised in the least, to be honest. What a fucking clusterfuck this is.

PatrickShart

Liked Posts:
Although his bio is gone from the Hawks website, managed to find this on a search.

http://blackhawks.nh...ge.htm?id=47144

In his seven-year minor league head coaching career, Haviland never missed the playoffs, including capturing the ECHL’s Kelly Cup in 2003 with the Atlantic City Boardwalk Bullies and in 2005 with the Trenton Titans. He posted a .600 or better winning percentage in six of his seven head coaching seasons and never finished with a winning percentage lower than .588. Haviland also earned the AHL’s 2007 Louis A.R. Pieri Memorial Award, given annually to the league’s top coach

People want Q gone...and at the NHL level - 15 years, he missed the playoffs once, won the Stanley Cup as a head coach, and an assistant coach. Has a career coaching record over .600 in those years. Won the NHL Coach of the year. Also, the second fastest coach to 600 victories (only behind Bowman)..and only the 10th coach to win 600+

He's 12th in NHL history in win percentage

7th in playoff games coached (1st in active)

1st in active coaches wins

9th in playoff coaches wins (tied 1st active)

There's no active coaches with 2 Stanley Cup wins

But...he's an idiot that people want run out or some ECHL guy to replace, because he juggles lines to much

Chief Walking Stick

Heeeh heeeeh he said POLES
Donator
Liked Posts:
People want Q gone...and at the NHL level - 15 years, he missed the playoffs once, won the Stanley Cup as a head coach, and an assistant coach. Has a career coaching record over .600 in those years. Won the NHL Coach of the year. Also, the second fastest coach to 600 victories (only behind Bowman)..and only the 10th coach to win 600+

But...he's an idiot that people want run out or some ECHL guy to replace, because he juggles lines to much

BRAVO!

I usually disagree but you are right... what does he know?

Pez68

Fire Quenneville
Liked Posts:

This isn't about wanting Q gone. This is about his inept assistant, Kitchen, being given a free pass. The guy is a fucking failure, yet, he stays, and Havi goes? Give me a fucking break man. Why would Q even bring Kitchen up in the presser, when nobody asked about him, if he wasn't feeling guilty about keeping his designated driver, and firing Havi?

winos5

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
And the body blows just keep coming....

winos5

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Suddenly his stache is tacky.

Probably because it is coated with jizz from upper management after sucking much cock to keep his job.

Pez68

Fire Quenneville
Liked Posts:
Coated with jizz? No, not likely. This is a power struggle through and through. I'm betting that McD backs Q, and Q feels empowered by this, so fired Havi as a giant FUCK YOU to Stan. I think Stan Bowman right now is the one left standing without a chair when the music stops. Hope I'm wrong, but it doesn't seem that way. Q is a giant fucking dick in all of this.

Variable

Liked Posts:
I think the coaches get too much credit for wins...and too much blame for losses

Players don't complete passes on the PP...and people whine about the coaches. Well, Haviland was one of the coaches. No one on the boards knows what he actually controlled in the video rooms, on the ice, in meetings. They just assume.

Well they were 5th in the league in even strength scoring, 6th overall and.....26th on the power play. I think it's a safe assumption that, whoever it is, something is going on with the coaching in special teams.

the canadian dream

Liked Posts:
Waaahhhh....poor Haviland. He won...in the ECHL. He was better as Fat Mike Haviland.

NJ passed on the hometown boy, and are doing just fine

Bring in Barry Smith to be the assistant coach and it'll be a vast improvement.

Truth

Fat Haviland > Skinny Haviland.