[A] Mike Haviland Fired

Chief Walking Stick

Heeeh heeeeh he said POLES
Donator
Liked Posts:
The Blackhawks have officially fired Mike Haviland, who spent four seasons along side Joel Quenneville, helping the team win their fourth Stanley Cup Championship in 2010.

Another piece of the puzzle is gone, unfortunately they may have cut the wrong fat yet again. If there is any weight of responsibility placed on Mike Haviland, the same weight should be applied to Mike Kitchen.

Once again, the Blackhawks have proven that they cannot maintain a solid relationship with a great hockey mind and coach that the players respected and adored.

Mike Haviland will easily get another job elsewhere, although there are no active rumors yet.

Joel Quenneville will meet the press on a conference call to discuss the dismissal of Haviland. Additional details are unknown, however, with Barry Smith taking the ice at the end of the regular season some might speculate that he is next in line for the job. The question is, if he is, how will Joel Quenneville react after shooing him off the ice and confronting management about it?

UPDATE: Quenneville was very direct in his teleconference today regarding the situation. He made it very clear that this was his decision and moving forward he will pick the next assistant coach of the Blackhawks. Barry Smith is not among his candidates.

It seems as if this decision was based purely on job safety, basically killing every rumor that Quenneville was on his way out to Montreal. Look forward to another year of the 'stache line generator.

Click here to view the article

jakobeast

Liked Posts:
It's official. The Hawks brass are morons.

I mean, we all knew it before, but sweet Christ, it is confirmed.

sth

Liked Posts:
How do you fire him and keep Kitchen? I don't get it. God help us all if Q leaves now.

jakobeast

Liked Posts:
I say wholesale change of the coaching staff. Do it Hawks.

When the players are booted in the first round again, it will shine an even brighter light on the fact that this team is hamstrung by the front office.

fanof19

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Q holding a presser via conference call

Chief Walking Stick

Donator
Liked Posts:
I don't see what Haviland did to be fired before Q/Kitchen?

Unless Scotty is going to be behind the bench or unless they're luring Pat Quinn out of retirement... wtf?

Chief Walking Stick

Donator
Liked Posts:
Thanks Ton for editing the first post. I was driving when I heard the news on the radio.

R K

Gotta have a job offer somewhere else. If not it makes zero sense. What a fucking mess this organization is. Wow.

R K

Got me. I know as much as you all on this one. Like I said the players didn't even know. Least some of them for sure. Until just a few minutes ago.

Pez68

Fire Quenneville
Liked Posts:
What a fucking joke. Hey, assholes, you missed. Need to adjust your sights to the left a bit. The other dumb mother fucker was the one that SHOULD have gotten hit with the boot before anyone else. Fucking idiots, the lot of them.

Haviland will get another gig quite quickly.

And we the fans are stuck with another season of Mike fucking Kitchen running the defense and the PP. AWESOME!

genefoley

Liked Posts:
So ironic after Ton's epic article. At least this now confirms the front office is not just slighty clueless but completely and utterly clueless.

Larmer83

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
On Kuc's twitter...

coach Joel Quenneville said friendship with Mike Kitchen has nothing to do with decision to fire Mike Haviland and not Kitchen.

coach Joel Quenneville on firing of assistant Mike Haviland: "It was my decision."

coach Joel Quenneville on Mike Haviland: "I felt a change was necessary going forward."

Larmer83

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
coach Joel Quenneville said friendship with Mike Kitchen is not as important as Kitchen being the designated driver

Larmer83

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Adam Jahns@adamjahns

Quenneville said Stan Bowman said there was dysfunction in his coaching staff. It was Quenneville's decision to make the change

Chief Walking Stick

Donator
Liked Posts:
Adam Jahns@adamjahns

Quenneville said Stan Bowman said there was dysfunction in his coaching staff. It was Quenneville's decision to make the change

In other words... Haviland approached Bowman about Q's coaching abilities/philosophies and Bowman told Q?

IceHogsFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Adam Jahns@adamjahns

Out of the three to stay behind the bench I thought for sure Havi was the one.

You think Q got tired of Havi telling him to quit juggling the f'n lines?