JR

R K

Ask Tony Amonte if you need further proof........................................

Yea I'm friends with one of the guys that broke up the hallway scuffle at the UC. Then it happened again in Phoenix. Although I do believe they've laid down the hatchet on that one.

Maiden

Liked Posts:
Yea I'm friends with one of the guys that broke up the hallway scuffle at the UC. Then it happened again in Phoenix. Although I do believe they've laid down the hatchet on that one.

Amonte should have done us all a favor and laid the lumber on him.............

sth

Liked Posts:

He fought with Amonte? I didn't even know that. I liked JR when he was a Hawk. But I have to admit I always like Tony much more. Maybe that was when I was really becoming a fan. But he really worked hard and was a good captain. So I most definitely take Amonte's side in that one.

R K

The story goes JR was cheating on his wife. Amontes wife and JR's wife were very good friends. Amontes wife told JR's wife JR was cheating on her, not only that but had a pretty steady girlfriend. JR then tried to beat up Amonte twice for it. Once in Chicago where it was broken up by UC Security and then JR went after him in Phoenix which the NHL suspended him for I believe.

Maiden

Liked Posts:
The story goes JR was cheating on his wife. Amontes wife and JR's wife were very good friends. Amontes wife told JR's wife JR was cheating on her, not only that but had a pretty steady girlfriend. JR then tried to beat up Amonte twice for it. Once in Chicago where it was broken up by UC Security and then JR went after him in Phoenix which the NHL suspended him for I believe.

And to add to it JR told Amonte's wife that Tony has someone on the side as well............................

CaveMan

Liked Posts:
Wow JR being a womanizer. Who woulda thunk it?

I had no idea about any of this. You guys are like a bank of knowledge.

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
Wow JR being a womanizer. Who woulda thunk it?

I had no idea about any of this. You guys are like a bank of knowledge.
I know you are being sarcastic but it wasn't the point, someone asked what happen and they said why, no revelations were being made here...

CaveMan

Liked Posts:
I was actually sarcastic on the first point, not the second.

I had no idea about the inner conflicts at the time. I am actually learning more about this.

sth

Liked Posts:
I do remember being bummed when JR blew his knee out in 1995. I was 10 so that was the first year I really was focused on the Hawks. But I would take Amonte's side in any fight between them even back in the day.

CaveMan

Liked Posts:
Me too. Amonte is my favorite 'Hawk ever.

bri

Liked Posts:
This just makes me dislike him more and I didn't think that was possible. He is ICKY.

Samurai

Ridiculum Anserini
Liked Posts:
I do remember being bummed when JR blew his knee out in 1995. I was 10 so that was the first year I really was focused on the Hawks. But I would take Amonte's side in any fight between them even back in the day.

All of us, who were old enough to have a cogent thought, loved JR while he played here. Shit...I have t-shirts that are older than you. I don't know if I should be smug, arthritic or ashamed.

To be honest, I'm just happy I spelled arthritic correctly.