[A] Kicking Tires: Power Forward in the Cards?

Shantz My Pants

Liked Posts:
Thats all fine and dandy, Stu, but as we learned from last year, dinosaurs are not a band-aid solution to the problem.

e.g. Brunette, O'Donnell, Montador...

In defense of Stu, Jagr and Selanne are not Brunette and O'Donnell.

Still, they don't fix a hole.

Chief Walking Stick

Heeeh heeeeh he said POLES
Donator
Liked Posts:
In defense of Stu, Jagr and Selanne are not Brunette and O'Donnell.

Still, they don't fix a hole.

Yea no kidding... Selanne is hands down the best European player to ever play the game AND ITS NOT EVEN CLOSE. Jagr a close second. (BURE IS 3RD)

CLWolf81

Fan Captain
Liked Posts:
Yea no kidding... Selanne is hands down the best European player to ever play the game AND ITS NOT EVEN CLOSE. Jagr a close second. (BURE IS 3RD)

At the time I thought that Jari Kurri was one of the best when he became a Duck. Boy, was I wrong.... I think about that when it comes to Selanne, who likely wants to finish his career as a Duck, and Jagr, who is better off in the Eastern Conference somewhere. Even if we did consider going after either one, where would they be? The first line with Toews and Kane?

I'll give Jagr the benefit of the doubt that he has taken faceoffs in the past, but I want someone like Joe Pavelski doing that for our team if we are even remotely considering 2nd line centers (an actual need of our team? Le gasp!!).

Selanne and Jagr would be nice to have, but I agree with you when you said "Still, they don't fix a hole."

Ton

Liked Posts:
Isn't Jagr a RW?

/debate

Ton

Liked Posts:
Can't NHL players play off wing with a HOF on their other side?

As much as you shove that square peg in there... it's never gonna fit in a round hole.

supraman

Liked Posts:

Chief Walking Stick

Donator
Liked Posts:
Hossa says no.

Also I love you throw bolly out there.

http://www.hockeydb....y.php?pid=71780

Oh look 81 games 47 pts, 3rd line minutes....hmm I wonder what he would do as a 2nd line center with quality wingers? Oh yeah probably post a 50 pt or better season or maybe, just maybe get more pts that the dinosaur

And Bolland will never even come close to kissing Jagr's jock strap. No one on the current Hawks will ever come close to being as good as Jagr is.

Jagr can't even sniff Selanne's jock strap (its all mine!!!!) that's how good they both are.

supraman

Liked Posts:
And Bolland will never even come close to kissing Jagr's jock strap. No one on the current Hawks will ever come close to being as good as Jagr is.

Jagr can't even sniff Selanne's jock strap (its all mine!!!!) that's how good they both are.

Well YOU made the comparison of Jagr's 54pts which Bolly didn't come close to so I just brought up facts.

the canadian dream

Liked Posts:
I would give my left nut for Evander Kane.

Yah I said it.

Jets aren't going to let him go.

He is extremely under-rated. Put him on a team with a bit more depth and he would be spectacular. Good guy too. He is a dressing room addition one couldn't complain about. Hes one of my favorite young players in the game right now.

Shoots_he_scores

Liked Posts:
University of North Dakota, by way of Oak Lawn
Add another one to the list, although Ryan would take an enormous amount of prospects, talent and draft picks going the other way. Still he's in the same boat as Kane, theirs not much I wouldn't give for him

TSN Story

the canadian dream

Liked Posts:
Add another one to the list, although Ryan would take an enormous amount of prospects, talent and draft picks going the other way. Still he's in the same boat as Kane, theirs not much I wouldn't give for him

TSN Story

Agree..another guy that would fit the Hawks perfectly...yah the cost would be something that hurts a team for a few years though. Ducks would def want a youth and picks package. We would lose McNeil and or Saad and that would just be the start.

Shoots_he_scores

Liked Posts:
Agree..another guy that would fit the Hawks perfectly...yah the cost would be something that hurts a team for a few years though. Ducks would def want a youth and picks package. We would lose McNeil and or Saad and that would just be the start.

Quite honestly if they wanted McNeil and Saad (probably a couple other assets as well) I'd have no problem with it. It's not like we'd be getting a guy who's at the end of his career. Ryan's 25 years old and just coming into the prime of his career. Totally worth anything we can give them. We'd likely have to shed some salary as well seeing as how Ryan's making 5.5 million

the canadian dream

Liked Posts:
Quite honestly if they wanted McNeil and Saad (probably a couple other assets as well) I'd have no problem with it. It's not like we'd be getting a guy who's at the end of his career. Ryan's 25 years old and just coming into the prime of his career. Totally worth anything we can give them. We'd likely have to shed some salary as well seeing as how Ryan's making 5.5 million

Couldn't agree more. Problem is he does nothing to help the center issue and we have rwers coming out of our ying yangs. We need a center and a left wing up front not another right winger. Or does Ryan play left side now? I cant remember...my short attention span remembers him as a right wing.

Im not going through another season of P Kane playing leftwing or center. If they go that road again I might not watch many games this year...okay thats a lie....but still its infuriating.

Evander Kane is a left wing which makes it a bit more attractive in my opinion.

Shoots_he_scores

Liked Posts:
Couldn't agree more. Problem is he does nothing to help the center issue and we have rwers coming out of our ying yangs. We need a center and a left wing up front not another right winger. Or does Ryan play left side now? I cant remember...my short attention span remembers him as a right wing.

Evander Kane is a left wing which makes it a bit more attractive in my opinion.

Pretty sure Ryan's played the left side. Most of the time he's on the right but if you can work out a package I think he'll shift to left wing and move Sharp back to Center where he belongs.

Edit: Unfortunately all of this is probably a moot point because like Kane, I don't think Ryan gets moved

the canadian dream

Liked Posts:
Pretty sure Ryan's played the left side. Most of the time he's on the right but if you can work out a package I think he'll shift to left wing and move Sharp back to Center where he belongs.

Edit: Unfortunately all of this is probably a moot point because like Kane, I don't think Ryan gets moved

I could see the ducks moving Ryan before the Jets move Kane. Ducks are due for a semi rebuild with some cash saving, the Jets just need to add pieces to what is a pretty young team already. Ducks need blueline help big time and that is something that would help get Ryan moved also.

Chief Walking Stick

Donator
Liked Posts:
They really need to rebuild their blue line... they have a pretty decent forward group.