[A] Kicking Tires: Power Forward in the Cards?

PatrickShart

Liked Posts:
Hossa says no.

Also I love you throw bolly out there.

http://www.hockeydb....y.php?pid=71780

Oh look 81 games 47 pts, 3rd line minutes....hmm I wonder what he would do as a 2nd line center with quality wingers? Oh yeah probably post a 50 pt or better season or maybe, just maybe get more pts that the dinosaur

Bolland - TOI - 16:30 per gm

Jagr - TOI - 16:20 per gm

Bolland - 25.4 shifts per game

Jagr - 20.3 shifts per game

Shantz My Pants

Liked Posts:
I would trade Kane/Sharp/Keith for Bobby Ryan. I like his style of play and it's something the Hawks lack quite a bit of (physical/powerforward).

Shoots_he_scores

Liked Posts:
University of North Dakota, by way of Oak Lawn
I would trade Kane/Sharp/Keith for Bobby Ryan. I like his style of play and it's something the Hawks lack quite a bit of (physical/powerforward).

If the Ducks truly want to rebuild their D, I would be thinking very hard about trading Keith for Ryan. Kane and Sharp though would be tough

CLWolf81

Fan Captain
Liked Posts:
Add another one to the list, although Ryan would take an enormous amount of prospects, talent and draft picks going the other way. Still he's in the same boat as Kane, theirs not much I wouldn't give for him

TSN Story

Bobby Ryan? Whine whine whine. I'll pass.

He wants to be the star.... his production took him years in the minors til he got the hint. He's got an "its all about me" mentality...

Honestly. I'd rather not get involved with that here.

CLWolf81

Fan Captain
Liked Posts:
If the Ducks truly want to rebuild their D, I would be thinking very hard about trading Keith for Ryan. Kane and Sharp though would be tough

Sharp just bought a mansion recently... It ain't happening.

R K

Yea and keep Frolik over Stalberg.....

Shantz My Pants

Liked Posts:
Bobby Ryan? Whine whine whine. I'll pass.

He wants to be the star.... his production took him years in the minors til he got the hint. He's got an "its all about me" mentality...

Honestly. I'd rather not get involved with that here.

Years in the minors? The fuck are you coming up with this?

His first year in the minors he was called up and played in 23 NHL games. Don't forget he had literally no where to play for a 20 year old rookie in the top 6 with Perry, Getzlaf, Selanne, Kunitz, Bertuzzi and McDonald/Weight.

Next season he started off in the AHL, and then was called up after 14 games and scored 31 goals in 64 games.

The reason he spent so much time in the minors? THN reported (the future watch) that his father (who is a body builder or something like that) had him in the mind set of adding weight and bulking up, which was actually slowing Bobby down and making him lose acceleration. Plus, there was no room for him in the top 6.

Shantz My Pants

Liked Posts:
Yea and keep Frolik over Stalberg.....

I will put money down that Frolik will have a better career than Stalberg in terms of points and overall play.

I know this is a shot because I mentioned trading Kane. Right now this team lacks size and physicality. Bobby Ryan brings that and is an offensive force to boot. Kane is a great playmaker and has probably the 2nd best hands in the NHL after Datsyuk. That's it.

R K

Three of those players are proven winners you are trading away. The other one, un proven as of yet. But sure deal the ones with hardware away.

Not saying that a physical power forward isn't needed but again GOOD GM's don't add by subtracting like that. Dumb ones do.

R K

I will put money down that Frolik will have a better career than Stalberg in terms of points and overall play.

I know this is a shot because I mentioned trading Kane. Right now this team lacks size and physicality. Bobby Ryan brings that and is an offensive force to boot.

How much you want to lose because so far you aren't even in the same fucking realm. Especially going off of the last two years numbers.

Has nothing to do with you mentioning trading Kane either. Was a dumb argument then which is why I used it.

You were never a Kane fan so trade away. I consider the source first.

Shantz My Pants

Liked Posts:
How much you want to lose because so far you aren't even in the same fucking realm. Especially going off of the last two years numbers.

It's based on skill. Stalberg had the benefit of playing all season with either Toews or Kane feeding him pucks. Carcillo was putting up good numbers when he was with Kane too. Would you say based on the numbers that Carcillo is a better player than Frolik? I would hope not.

Stalberg does have great speed and is physical when he wants to be. That's it.

Frolik when given the chance is a very talented and skilled player who can play all 3 forward positions when asked.

Shantz My Pants

Liked Posts:
Three of those players are proven winners you are trading away. The other one, un proven as of yet. But sure deal the ones with hardware away.

Not saying that a physical power forward isn't needed but again GOOD GM's don't add by subtracting like that. Dumb ones do.

Hardware? C'mon, that's a flawed point. Colin Fraser now has 2 rings. Kane, Toews, Sharp, Seabs etc... all have 1.

In order to bring a player in, you have to give up some assets as well. It's just an option.

xatruio

Liked Posts:
fantastic vision (playmaker) with 2nd best hands after Datsyuk (playmaker)... "THAT'S IT" (?!?!?)

fuck me sideways

if those two werent enough, he also has a nice shot...

mikita's helmet

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
500484368.jpg

From Puck Daddy:

The offending sign first appeared at a Jets game in Ottawa last week: "Dear Evander: Please stop walking out on your bills. Sincerely, Winnipeg servers and restauranteurs."

Kane posted the picture on his Twitter account with the message, "Ha, Ha. What a complete lie this is but I really like the colours on the poster."

The Jets were refusing comment on Saturday, but in making calls to Winnipeg restaurants I was able to learn that NHL security had conducted an investigation into the matter. A Jets executive confirmed this and stated the investigation came up empty. The folks in the restaurant business that I spoke with had good things to say about Kane.​

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nhl-p...estaurant-controversy-maturity-171010484.html

R K

fantastic vision (playmaker) with 2nd best hands after Datsyuk (playmaker)... "THAT'S IT" (?!?!?)

fuck me sideways

if those two werent enough, he also has a nice shot...

Exactly.

And isn't any where near the pinnacle of his peak. Some people are just blind I suppose. Again you don't add, by subtracting one of the best players in the World. Successful teams don't do that. If they do, remind me which and what they've won Trev.

As for the Frolik vs Stalberg argument I don't think you can afford to lose that much money. Frolik was given MANY opportunities to play with "those guys" in his past two seasons. Maybe you missed those games. The same games you missed while Kane was carrying this team on his back after Toews went down.

And I like Bobby Ryan, but you DON'T ADD BY SUBTRACTING when it's that type of TALENT you are SUBTRACTING. Only a dumb fucking GM does that, for some other reason than what's happening on the ICE!!

Shoots_he_scores

Liked Posts:
University of North Dakota, by way of Oak Lawn
Exactly.

And isn't any where near the pinnacle of his peak. Some people are just blind I suppose. Again you don't add, by subtracting one of the best players in the World. Successful teams don't do that. If they do, remind me which and what they've won Trev.

As for the Frolik vs Stalberg argument I don't think you can afford to lose that much money. Frolik was given MANY opportunities to play with "those guys" in his past two seasons. Maybe you missed those games. The same games you missed while Kane was carrying this team on his back after Toews went down.

And I like Bobby Ryan, but you DON'T ADD BY SUBTRACTING when it's that type of TALENT you are SUBTRACTING. Only a dumb fucking GM does that, for some other reason than what's happening on the ICE!!

Exactly, I'd love to grab Bobby Ryan or Evander Kane, but if it's going to cost one of Kane/Toews/Sharp/Seabrook it's just not worth it. Those 4 are the only ones I'd consider irreplaceable. Keith I'd consider trading for Ryan, not Kane, but that's it and he'd probably be the only person I give up. The hawks biggest hole is a top 6 forward. Trading one to get another solves nothing, it just puts you back in the same spot you were in.

Shantz My Pants

Liked Posts:
Exactly.

As for the Frolik vs Stalberg argument I don't think you can afford to lose that much money. Frolik was given MANY opportunities to play with "those guys" in his past two seasons. Maybe you missed those games.

I'll take Ryan and his style of play over Kane. Ryan has the better two-way game and plays better away from the puck (he's more involved, especially with his physicality).

Kane played 22 games without Toews down the stretch (he scored 17 points). He scored in only 13 of those games. So he scored in a tad over half of them. I would hardly call that carrying the team. The extra point games? Against the Wild, Toronto, Nashville Rangers.

Who was the better performer with Toews out? Hossa (15 games with at least one point, 19 points total). Sharp had 19 points, but a lot were 2 point games. So I would hardly call Kane's effort "carrying the team on his back" as he wasn't the only person putting up points when Toews went down.

Let's dig a little deeper into the numbers shall we?

8 of Stalbergs 22 goals were against the Mighty Blue Jackets of Columbus (36%). 13 of the 22 were against non-playoff teams.

Interesting enough, when Q needed the best players on the ice for the playoffs, who was sitting on the bench because he could only get 2 assists in 6 games? (Hint: Stalberg). Who scored in 2 of the 4 games he played and received more ice time? (Answer: Frolik)

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I'll take Ryan and his style of play over Kane. Ryan has the better two-way game and plays better away from the puck (he's more involved, especially with his physicality).

Kane played 22 games without Toews down the stretch (he scored 17 points). He scored in only 13 of those games. So he scored in a tad over half of them. I would hardly call that carrying the team. The extra point games? Against the Wild, Toronto, Nashville Rangers.

Who was the better performer with Toews out? Hossa (15 games with at least one point, 19 points total). Sharp had 19 points, but a lot were 2 point games. So I would hardly call Kane's effort "carrying the team on his back" as he wasn't the only person putting up points when Toews went down.

8 of Stalbergs 22 goals were against the Mighty Blue Jackets of Columbus (36%). 13 of the 22 were against non-playoff teams.

Interesting enough, when Q needed the best players on the ice for the playoffs, who was sitting on the bench because he could only get 2 assists in 6 games? (Hint: Stalberg). Who scored in 2 of the 4 games he played and received more ice time? (Answer: Frolik)

It just tells me Frolik showed up only for the playoffs...kinda like Byfuglien. But then again, I'm of the mentality that you keep Bickell Bolland/Frolik or Bickell/Bolland/Shaw together next year on the third line and tell them "Score goals 2nd; shut down top 2 lines 1st" and judge them not on how much secondary scoring they provide but their +/- numbers against the other teams' top lines.

Stalberg made some great strides this past year...now, all they have to do is teach him to enter the zone, loiter and pass to the trailer or shoot somewhere other than the crest of the goalie or 6' wide (the saem goes for any othert players), and he would be a better asset.

Shantz My Pants

Liked Posts:
It just tells me Frolik showed up only for the playoffs...kinda like Byfuglien. But then again, I'm of the mentality that you keep Bickell Bolland/Frolik or Bickell/Bolland/Shaw together next year on the third line and tell them "Score goals 2nd; shut down top 2 lines 1st" and judge them not on how much secondary scoring they provide but their +/- numbers against the other teams' top lines.

Stalberg made some great strides this past year...now, all they have to do is teach him to enter the zone, loiter and pass to the trailer or shoot somewhere other than the crest of the goalie or 6' wide (the saem goes for any othert players), and he would be a better asset.

Difference was Buff was given ice time throughout the season. Frolik took his opportunity and did well with it. Stalberg didn't.

R K

I suggest you pay more attention then. He was playing out of position where the Captain wasn't. Trev you never cease to amaze me. I wonder sometimes if you even watch the games. Your stats up there mean dick!

If you'd bother watching any of the post game interviews, with his actually team mates, you'd know that statement you just made, NONE OF THEM agree with you. Kane was brought up just about every night. NO fucking Kane, No fucking playoffs. No fucking question.