4. Loyola Ramblers
  5. Northern Illinois Huskies
  6. Northwestern Wildcats
No, not yet anyway.

bossdrb

The Boss
Donator
Liked Posts:
I thought this, as well. He would be good, but Theriot seems to be fine at that spot. Don't fix what isn't broken. But eventually, sure.

waldo7239117

Driving Wreckless DA Best
Donator
Liked Posts:
I know he isin't ready and that is the holdup. But the team isin't winning on a daily basis and maybe this will work out. I love Theriot in the 8th spot, to me he is the best there. i will have my lineup tommorw of what it should be. Also theriot is not getting on base as much now and he has a bum groin. Best chance. Doesn't hurt to try.

CubbieBlue

Go Cubs Go!
Liked Posts:
I don't see any harm in trying it, even if just for a game. The lineup needs more than a subtle change to try and jump start things.

bulldog1205

Liked Posts:
Based on his career in the minors I don't ever want him as a leadoff man. He doesn't see a lot of pitches and rarely walks. Maybe that is something that will develop for him, and if it does then I will reconsider, but I just don't see him becoming a leadoff hitter. Or maybe I should say an ideal leadoff hitter. I guess the Cubs have had several leadoff hitters the past few seasons who weren't exactly ideal at that position.

USCChiFan

Crow's Nest
Donator
Liked Posts:
Well, moving him to second is a start.
Castro or Theriot? If Castro that's mundane, and Lou has said that Castro won't be moving out of the 8th spot anytime soon.

waldo7239117

Driving Wreckless DA Best
Donator
Liked Posts:
Castro has taken more pitches than the minors and maybe a chage to the leadoff man, he will. You have to try it to see. Maybe Rudy will say something. He is a good contact hitter,

poodski

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Castro doesnt really have leadoff skills, at least not yet. He shouldnt hit higher in the order than 7 or so except for days like yesterday where multiple starters are sitting.

2ndCitySports

Liked Posts:
I would wait and see on him as speed doesnt necessarily make someone ideal for leadoff. He is up in the majors now and I would like to see him get some experience before being put in a higher pressure situation. Lead off man can be tough for a young player because they feel the pressure of setting the table for their team.

yoshiki89

Liked Posts:
Castro is doing fine...I still think it was a rush job bringing him up so quickly.

We hear a lot of "oh, he was hitting so well in AA..." Yeah, and Samardzija was a great WR also. Makes no difference, he needs to take his lumps like everyone else.