NHL and NHLPA Agree On Salary Cap

jakobeast

Liked Posts:
The NHLPA voted on several issues yesterday. One was to allow the NHL and NHLPA to continue with the season, if both parties agree, long after the CBA negotiations are still in process. So theoretically there could be a start of the season with no current CBA. Which means the 70 mil would stand as they in no way could force teams to go down at that point. Would be a messy situation if they did.

I get that, and it is a good thing if both parties agree to continue with the season so long as negotiations are on going.

However, If they start negotiating a few months earlier, maybe that shit wouldn't happen.

R K

I get that, and it is a good thing if both parties agree to continue with the season so long as negotiations are on going.

However, If they start negotiating a few months earlier, maybe that shit wouldn't happen.

Then you change the date of the CBA. It doesn't expire until 15th of Sept so they are starting months earlier.

winos5

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Cap is only going up, up, up. Did you see the contract Crosby just signed according to TSN? Fucking insane.

CLWolf81

Fan Captain
Liked Posts:
Cap is only going up, up, up. Did you see the contract Crosby just signed according to TSN? Fucking insane.

I expected this.... I wouldn't even give Cindy that. $9M a year, fuck that!

If I were Shero, I'd be telling Cindy "Wheres my hometown discount, you whiny little bitch?"

That signing is beyond ridiculous and makes the prior cap look tame.

Now with even the Panthers after everything they've done last year now at $29M under the salary cap, you know the players are going to salivate over this cap. So much for discipline and non-greed, eh?

And don't get me started about how much we're going to get fucked at the ticket counter.

roshinaya

fnord
Donator
Liked Posts:
Crosby could have well asked for the maximum and gotten it, but settled for the $8.7m/year he already had, so I'd say he took a little discount.

the canadian dream

Liked Posts:
and its not the $$$ that's the issue its the length of these dumb contracts. owners and players and agents are shooting themselves in the feet

Shantz My Pants

Liked Posts:
and its not the $$$ that's the issue its the length of these dumb contracts. (the) owners and players and agents are shooting themselves in the feet

Fixed.

As long as the owners keep giving out such contracts, the players and agents will accept them.

jakobeast

Liked Posts:
Really, it means nothing. They could have made the cap a billion dollars, it may very well be null and void after the cba expires.

While the contracts being handed out today are ridiculous, I don't fault the players for taking them. Crosbys isn't that crazy imo. Ask yourself would the Pens have a new stadium, let alone still be in Pitts/in existence if not for him? Quicks rumored contract is dumb. I think he's a great goalie, but c'mon.

R K

Yea but they aren't going to be negotiating during the season. That's the problem.

R K

Really, it means nothing. They could have made the cap a billion dollars, it may very well be null and void after the cba expires.

While the contracts being handed out today are ridiculous, I don't fault the players for taking them. Crosbys isn't that crazy imo. Ask yourself would the Pens have a new stadium, let alone still be in Pitts/in existence if not for him? Quicks rumored contract is dumb. I think he's a great goalie, but c'mon.

Thats the Krux. NO way will that happen. Teams will be to far into it after next week for there to be a serious drop.

dlrob315

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

His cap hit will be the same as it has been for the past 5 years.

winos5

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
12 years at 9 million per year. One concussion away from hanging up the skates. But, I guess any player is one injury away from hanging them up.

Maiden

Liked Posts:
12 years at 9 million per year. One concussion away from hanging up the skates. But, I guess any player is one injury away from hanging them up.

The hardest part of the Crosby contract is they are/did have a rough time getting injury insurance for it with his history.

R K

That's what I said. Even Toews insurance will go up due to his injury last year. It's renewed yearly by most players.

Samurai

Ridiculum Anserini
Liked Posts:
RK was wrong?!?!?!?!

HE MUST BE A WITCH!!!

burn-the-witch-burn-witch-kill-monty-python-demotivational-poster-1223816026.jpg

/Him

R K

Maybe we should start a CBA Negotiation thread. By the looks of the NHL "suggestions" today I don't see the season starting on time... I hope I'm wrong but no way does the NHLPA buy the first 3... No way...

1. Reduce players Hockey related revenues to 46% from 57%. 11% drop? Giving the NHL 11% back the other way? Really? So it can pay for it's failing franchises?

2. 10 seasons in NHL before becoming UFA.

3. All contracts limited to 5 years in length. Yea right....

4. No more salary arbitration.

5. Entry level contract to 5 years from 3.

NHLPA's reply...

1. Fuck off

2. Fuck off

3. Fuck off

4. Let's discuss but probably Fuck off

5. Lets discuss

the canadian dream

Liked Posts:
wow

guess Im jerking it this winter lots more.

this is all highballing of course but its also sending a message.

aren't the second and third demands based on issues the owners and Gms created themselves?

good luck and god speed. see you all in 2014