[A] Blackhawks Among Top Candidates For Zach Parise

Shantz My Pants

Liked Posts:
I'd take Parise over Suter.

With the team we have now, I take Suter. That would give us 3 top defensemen.

Scoring goals is not the Hawks problem, it's keeping them out.

Hawks gave up the 4th most goals against playing even strength. They scored the 5th most even strength goals.

Is Parise more talented? Yes. Do we need him? No.

R K

Disagree.

Seabrook-Keith

Hjarlmarsson-Montedor

Leddy-Brookbank

Olsen

Looks fine to me.

You are ASSuming Hjarlmarsson and Leddy are not going to have better years? I wouldn't make that assumption. I also am not sure how much of Suter's game is Weber, the best D man in the NHL. Similar to Keith-Seabrook...

That's not even mentioning Crawford "should" have a better year, out of his Softmore Slump. You ever check out Price, Quicks softmore years? Don't blame that all on the D, a lot of it was the goal tender having brain farts.

Especially in the playoffs where he let TWO OT winner SOFT GOALS go sliding right under him.

Shantz My Pants

Liked Posts:
I'm not ASSuming anything. I'm going by what happened.

Crawford didn't have the greatest of years, I won't disagree. I wil say that he was left out to dry many of nights and the other team had WAY to easy of looks at shots. You can't let guys get easy shots off in the slot. That's poor defensive positioning and I could get anyone with half a brain to tell you the Hawks were AWFUL in their own zone.

Outside of blocking shots I don't see much in Hammer's game. He's not the dman "Scotty Bowman would bet his career on". Leddy is still young and his game is not to be a solid defensive presence, it's to move the puck and generate offense from the back end ala Campbell. Montador looked out of position half the time (probably because he was with Q's shuffling) and was not a bright spot on defense.

Ton

Liked Posts:
I'm not ASSuming anything. I'm going by what happened.

Crawford didn't have the greatest of years, I won't disagree. I wil say that he was left out to dry many of nights and the other team had WAY to easy of looks at shots. You can't let guys get easy shots off in the slot. That's poor defensive positioning and I could get anyone with half a brain to tell you the Hawks were AWFUL in their own zone.

Outside of blocking shots I don't see much in Hammer's game. He's not the dman "Scotty Bowman would bet his career on". Leddy is still young and his game is not to be a solid defensive presence, it's to move the puck and generate offense from the back end ala Campbell. Montador looked out of position half the time (probably because he was with Q's shuffling) and was not a bright spot on defense.

I don't get where people get the idea that Montador did not play well. I thought he was a lot more solid than people gave him credit for. I bet you couldn't come up with any "lowlights" from last year.

R K

I thought Montedor was fine, unfortunately his melon was not. That D I have up there should be good. Especially if the goalie behind them improves. Crawford was REALLY bad at times. Especially during the playoffs where he himself lost two of those games.

Again how much of Suter is Weber. If you say nothing, you need to readjust your TV as Weber is in the Norris discussion every year now.

Shantz My Pants

Liked Posts:
Weber and Suter complemented each other, I agree. Suter isn't a slouch. I would take Suter over Keith any day of the week. Suter doens't make too many mistakes on the ice and if he does, he learns from it.

I would put Suter in the top 10 defenseman in the NHL. Adding a player of that magnitude would put you in the top 5 teams in the league, if not top team.

Shantz My Pants

Liked Posts:
I don't get where people get the idea that Montador did not play well. I thought he was a lot more solid than people gave him credit for. I bet you couldn't come up with any "lowlights" from last year.

He wasn't a top 4 dman like he was made out to be. That's my issue. I could do without Montador. Nothing more than a # 6/7 dman.

PatrickShart

Liked Posts:
Youre missing Oduya

Keith - Seab

Oduya-Leddy

Hjarll-Brokeback

And Crawford needs to be just average. He makes 11more saves...brings his save percentage to .910%...would bring the Hawks from 22nd in GA to 12th. Respectable. Maybe even 2-3 more wins? They were 8pts behind STL for the division...while missing Toews for 1/4 of the season.

Some think the Hawks had such a dismal year. 101pts while getting well below average goaltending and bad special teams. Parise and Brookbank make the PK better. Parise and another year of experience for Leddy....Oduya on the PP would help the PP.

Parise would be huge.

Shantz My Pants

Liked Posts:
Youre missing Oduya

Keith - Seab

Oduya-Leddy

Hjarll-Brokeback

And Crawford needs to be just average. He makes 11more saves...brings his save percentage to .910%...would bring the Hawks from 22nd in GA to 12th. Respectable. Maybe even 2-3 more wins? They were 8pts behind STL for the division...while missing Toews for 1/4 of the season.

Some think the Hawks had such a dismal year. 101pts while getting well below average goaltending and bad special teams. Parise and Brookbank make the PK better. Parise and another year of experience for Leddy....Oduya on the PP would help the PP.

Parise would be huge.

I think it all comes down to how you want your team to play. I don't disagree with what you posted. I think Suter would be huge on this team because he would help out on our awful back end and in zone play. Parise would help tremendously on offense and his two-way game.

Our defense was awful last year. You can blame it on Crawford, but how many games did he stand on his head because they quality of shots were above average?

Samurai

Ridiculum Anserini
Liked Posts:
Parise over Suter in a heartbeat. No one asked, but I'm bored so there.

R K

holy shit I completely forgot about him PMX. That makes them even beetter. You can blame a lot on Crawford. His soft, untimely goals, cost them A LOT of games. Defense was not good at times but the goalie was worse on many nights.

The two OT winning goals at the UC can not happen. Period. Neither was poor defense. Well game #1 might have been but it was still a SOFT GOAL that wasn't even really a shot.

R K

Youre missing Oduya

Keith - Seab

Oduya-Leddy

Hjarll-Brokeback

Parise would be huge.

I can't agree with this more.

PatrickShart

Liked Posts:
Not many. Didn't stand on his head/win a game during that losing streak. How many games did he get pulled from weak goals going in...putting the team in a hole to start the game...and they had to open it up? I think he was pulled in 6 starts this year (out ot 55)

PatrickShart

Liked Posts:
And if they get Suter....assuming Hjarllmarsson gets moved then for a Foward or Goaltending help...will help the team just as much.​

But I think Parise is just a more talented heart/soul player...as well as talented/game breaker.​

Hence...wouldn't be upset with either.​

bookjones

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Parise is the better talent and more elite overall I agree with everyone on that tip but eh, I still want Suter. I don't trust this D for a hot fucking second under Q and Kitchen. Too much of the choice between them hinges on intangibles and if everything D-wise goes our way and "on paper our D should. . ." and "players bounce back" bullshit. Actually makes us sound like fucking Lames fans perpetually talking about players bouncing back to what they "should" average or "should perform" to the last few offseasons. Too dicey a proposition for me when I think the team won't play a system because they don't have a system. Players getting it back is what we thought was gonna happen after 5 mos. of rest last offseason and while Seabiscuit was great the D otherwise looked hella fucking pathetic for a contender. Waited all last season for Hjalmarsson to get his game back. Nope. Waited for Keith to not look like he'd lost his everlasting goddamned hockey mind. Nope. Waited for Crawford to get less mediocre. Nope. This is Corey---returning to his Rockford mean, he is what he is. Suter is a Top 10 in the entire league d-man---that shit so rarely comes up with just having to pay money and nothing else that I gotta go with him. There's legitimate concerns about him shining because Weber is so fucking badass but Suter is no chump and I still believe he is Top 10 along with Weber.

Samurai

Ridiculum Anserini
Liked Posts:
And if they get Suter....assuming Hjarllmarsson gets moved then for a Foward or Goaltending help...will help the team just as much.​

But I think Parise is just a more talented heart/soul player...as well as talented/game breaker.​

Hence...wouldn't be upset with either.​

nutshell.jpg

PatrickShart

Liked Posts:
They did have 101pts this year....

What's DET banking on? They had 1 more point than CHI..and lost the best Dman in the world? What'd Babcock done again...with the best D in the world, the best 2 way Centers in the game...was handed the keys to a team that had a core together for a long time and has had 1 cup (same as Hawks), 2 first round exits (same as Q)...lost 2 in the second round (Q lost once in the conference finals). But yet...Babcock is regarded as a "great coach" and DET is the model team

bookjones

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
They did have 101pts this year....

What's DET banking on? They had 1 more point than CHI..and lost the best Dman in the world? What'd Babcock done again...with the best D in the world, the best 2 way Centers in the game...was handed the keys to a team that had a core together for a long time and has had 1 cup (same as Hawks), 2 first round exits (same as Q)...lost 2 in the second round (Q lost once in the conference finals). But yet...Babcock is regarded as a "great coach" and DET is the model team

Where'd DET come into this? I for one think DET is greatly diminished not just because they lost someone absolutely irreplaceable in Lidstrom but because of all the D they've lost the past two years. That reality had no choice but to realistically come back and bite them. . .FINALLY! This is exactly why I posted yesterday that I have no idea why everyone has been so certain DET de facto gets Suter once Lidstom officially retired because all they have left that is legitimate is Kronwall IMO. Kronwall who lines up on the same side and is a left shot just like Suter. It's like, have folks really thought this through? They shouldn't be a pairing although one would think they automatically should as the two marquee D names. Suter won't get the same type of quality of pairing as he's had with Weber, not even close and still won't be able to replicate that in CHI either. But at least CHI offers better D in terms of just roster at this exact moment than DET so I have no idea why he and his agent would choose there considering we're contenders too and we have a sweet forwards corps.

Settle down. So you like Q. Your man played his card and is still here so you have what you want. You have faith in him. As I have always said, yea though I have no faith in him this is a win-win proposition for those who loathe him because if he manages to turn shit around then that equals good for Hawks and Hawks nation and therefore me, if he doesn't then it's eventually sayonara which is also good for me. You have the coach you like in charge. Just enjoy it. The more he wins the safer he will be like any HC in any sport whether a portion of the fanbase loathes him or not. No worries though, I too shall know again some day what it's like to have someone I like HC-ing, heh.

PatrickShart

Liked Posts:
I brought DET in the mix...because you continue to blame Q for everything...Keith plays like crap - Q's fault. Craw gives up weak goals...Q.

Where you can name any team other than the 1 that wins the Cup and I can tear apart/blame the coach for every single short coming. Bylsma? Got schooled in the first round this year. Lost to a shitty MTL team...and has the 2 best offensive players/MVPs in the league...and a cup winning goaltender..