[A] Blackhawks Among Top Candidates For Zach Parise

Ton

Liked Posts:
Among the plethora of respected sources that have spun the wheels on this rumor is Chris Kuc, Jesse Rogers, David Pagnotta, Rich Chere, and Michael Russo. Although the rumor has it that Chicago and New Jersey are the only candidates in the running, Russo reports that Minnesota is very much still in the mix and Pagnotta notes that the Penguins still have a legitimate shot at landing the highly coveted winger.

Reports have stated that Parise's ransom is as high as $100M deal over 12 years with signing bonuses that equal as high as $24M in the next calendar year.

Not only is the organization working on selling Parise on Chicago, but many of the players have kept in contact with Zach to pitch him on the idea.

The Blackhawks were not big players for Parise on July 1st, but it has been reported that they were kicking tires. In order for Chicago to be in the mix at this time a significant offer must have been made to vault among the top candidates which is strange considering the Blackhawks have been hesitant to pay anyone from the outside higher than core members of the team since they've handed them their new contracts.

With all the information floating around, it's still hard to believe that Parise will ultimately land in Chicago, but the possibility is certainly much more real at this moment.

Click here to view the article

JOVE23

Liked Posts:
I smell McD all over this.

Consider, also what Zawaski says:

[font=Helvetica, Arial, Verdana, sans-serif]
To clarify, I asked source "do you think hawks are in on Parise". Source responded "No". Source may not know, or could be diverting. Or be right.​
[/font]

Tater

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Among the plethora of respected sources that have spun the wheels on this rumor is Chris Kuc, Jesse Rogers, David Pagnotta, Rich Chere, and Michael Russo. Although the rumor has it that Chicago and New Jersey are the only candidates in the running, Russo reports that Minnesota is very much still in the mix and Pagnotta notes that the Penguins still have a legitimate shot at landing the highly coveted winger.

Reports have stated that Parise's ransom is as high as $100M deal over 12 years with signing bonuses that equal as high as $24M in the next calendar year.

Not only is the organization working on selling Parise on Chicago, but many of the players have kept in contact with Zach to pitch him on the idea.

The Blackhawks were not big players for Parise on July 1st, but it has been reported that they were kicking tires. In order for Chicago to be in the mix at this time a significant offer must have been made to vault among the top candidates which is strange considering the Blackhawks have been hesitant to pay anyone from the outside higher than core members of the team since they've handed them their new contracts.

Pittsburgh? Even after the Crosby contract?

Ton

Liked Posts:
Tater' timestamp='1341258156 said:

Yes. I'd actually say Pittsburgh has a better chance then us from the way it sounds.

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
Honestly, that kind of contract.... no way. Not because I don't want him, or he won't get it somewhere, but comparing that to what Kane and Toews are already going to be looking for... that will just make it even harder to keep the core around I know we have them through 14/15, but if you get that to Parise's you have to give as much more to to everyone else. And I don't there there is enough money. Normally I'm a worry about that then type of guy but your two superstars taking a cap hit of 2 mil less each... you can pretend your a professional but I gotta believe it's sitting in the back of your head. 100 mil over 12 years is 8.33 Crosby money. I just can't make all the math work in my head. And you have to pray Sharp will play center. Unless you trade sharp for a #2. Which I'd hate to do but would also hat to be juggling again for the next who knows how many years.

bookjones

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

Shero made sure he had the space. That's why he handled his business re Sid. And that fucker already knows he'll be able to extend Geno next year.

mikita's helmet

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Shero made sure he had the space. That's why he handled his business re Sid. And that fucker already knows he'll be able to extend Geno next year.

I like the way you talk write.

bookjones

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Honestly, that kind of contract.... no way. Not because I don't want him, or he won't get it somewhere, but comparing that to what Kane and Toews are already going to be looking for... that will just make it even harder to keep the core around I know we have them through 14/15, but if you get that to Parise's you have to give as much more to to everyone else. And I don't there there is enough money. Normally I'm a worry about that then type of guy but your two superstars taking a cap hit of 2 mil less each... you can pretend your a professional but I gotta believe it's sitting in the back of your head. 100 mil over 12 years is 8.33 Crosby money. I just can't make all the math work in my head. And you have to pray Sharp will play center. Unless you trade sharp for a #2. Which I'd hate to do but would also hat to be juggling again for the next who knows how many years.

All true but you also don't know what the cap is going to be when it comes time to do Toews and Kane---that's three whole seasons away. It all hinges on growth, stagnant, or declining revenue. No matter the cap, Toews will get his Hawks due and as I said before the new CBA will likely have a no cap hit homegrown exception---we already know that bad boy belongs to Toews so then it's just Kane you're really "paying". Hossa might retire then. . .or. . .perish the thought! be traded since he has no clauses. I could see Kane getting traded at the end of his though.

I can't believe how much the cap has gone up since 2005. Fucking pointless as I have maintained forever to have a hard cap---always go with a soft cap mo-fos! Always. Parity my ass with PHX being held in conservatorship by the League, NJ looking like it's gonna have to be saved by the League some day, teams needing to get to ridiculous cap floors just to be in CBA compliance and adding to the fucking ridiculous contracts and terms we have seen the past two summers for weak crops.

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
I agree, which is why I said "Normally I'm a worry about that then type of guy" but I'm thinking about this Cap situation now, and how much it's grown and can't help but thing we're more likely heading to another lockout by 14/15 then to a high enough cap to make eveyrone happy. i mean as was mentioned, people are already bitching about ticket prices and yet the organization still cry's broke. Even if the cap creeps up which I expect it to do, I don't think it can at the rate that it has been. And sure it may go up enough to afford Kane and Toews but it the other players that are going to be the costly deadweight. This isn't going to be painful because you are going to be overpaying a superstar 1 or 2 million a year, it's going to be painfully because you're going to have all these Bookbanks making 4 mil a year instead of the 1.25. That's going to make everything tight, overpaying the slim pickens. I feel the salaries and bad contracts have skyrocketed faster than the growth of the salary cap and they won't be able to spread these contracts around as easily anymore even with the cap floor.

bookjones

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Eh, who can say when we don't have an actual new CBA and it's terms to throw every scenario up against. This is what it is. The expiring CBA and the "new" NHL are still so organically changing after the 7 yrs. but it seems apparent that players want term so the market bends so that it can bear it. Teams appear content to lock in their elite talent or cores or what have you. That's why no team can any longer #FAIL at scouting (look at how large scouting departments have become and every team has to be handling their business on multiple continents), drafting, and developing the farm system---it's not like it was when you could get away with being lax because of trades and FA. It's imperative now to have that element be a well-oiled machine so that you get players habitually at minimum meeting their ELCs or at a maximum outperforming their ELCs. You have to be able to turn prospects into NHL players. At least that's the future I see.

nana

Liked Posts:
[font=Arial, sans-serif][background=rgb(245, 245, 245)]

Dan Rosen@drosennhl[/background][/font]
[font=Arial, sans-serif][background=rgb(245, 245, 245)]

Parise reportedly says he has not decided yet and won't put a deadline on it. @dshoalts @markhmasters[/background][/font]

Chief Walking Stick

Heeeh heeeeh he said POLES
Donator
Liked Posts:
David Pagnotta ‏@TheFourthPeriod

So Parise's going to head home tomorrow morning, discuss with his wifey, and should make decision then. Chicago's late push changed game.

EDIT: Fuck you JOVE.

JOVE23

Liked Posts:
David Pagnotta ‏@TheFourthPeriod

So Parise's going to head home tomorrow morning, discuss with his wifey, and should make decision then. Chicago's late push changed game.

EDIT: Fuck you JOVE.

1341142649696.png

grmsen pls

IceHogsFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I am still waiting to see what McD's big splash will be.

I would put money on it. He is going to go back to days of yore and the Cubs to do a big signing, tell the world how committed he is to

winning and then go about fucking up the team.

Just like the days of old.......... Why you ask? Because HE has never produced a major title winning team. EVER

R K

I am still waiting to see what McD's big splash will be.

I would put money on it. He is going to go back to days of yore and the Cubs to do a big signing, tell the world how committed he is to

winning and then go about fucking up the team.

Just like the days of old.......... Why you ask? Because HE has never produced a major title winning team. EVER

Not only would this be a splash, it would be a great move if they could pull it off. Great move.

PatrickShart

Liked Posts:
Yes sir....I'd take Parise over Suter any day of the week....and just keep Hjarllmarsson

Parise is Toews with speed

Shantz My Pants

Liked Posts:
I think Suter would be the better addition for the Hawks.

We already have plenty of offensive "guns". What we lack is solid defensemen who can play in their own zone.

I don't disagree Parise would look nice in the Indian head, but Suter would be much better for a team that can't keep the puck out of their net.

R K

I think Suter would be the better addition for the Hawks.

We already have plenty of offensive "guns". What we lack is solid defensemen who can play in their own zone.

I don't disagree Parise would look nice in the Indian head, but Suter would be much better for a team that can't keep the puck out of their net.

I'd take Parise over Suter.