Shane Doan?

PatrickShart

Liked Posts:
And I'm not a huge Connolly fan...just trying to see who might be available via trade

Maybe him or Lombardi in TOR....Seeing as they're puuting JVR, Grabvoski, McClemenet...as centers, and isn't Bozak as well?

Rex

Chief Blackcock
Liked Posts:
And I'm not a huge Connolly fan...just trying to see who might be available via trade

Maybe him or Lombardi in TOR....Seeing as they're puuting JVR, Grabvoski, McClemenet...as centers, and isn't Bozak as well?

Bozak is garbage lol

supraman

Liked Posts:
My bad.....Hendry was so much better...how much has he played since being the 6th Dman where he played about 8min a game in the cup run...where has he been since?

Keith/Seabrook/Hjarllmarsson are all still here.

Campbell>Oduya...

But Brokeback and Montador are much better than Slowpel and Hendroynton

How dare you speak ill of Sargent Sopel. Catfish forever!!

Rex

Chief Blackcock
Liked Posts:
hey just cause bozak played NCAA hockey doesn't mean he's garbage. he's a good canadian boy (thumbs up)

No, him being Garbage makes him garbage.

Tater

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
The only way I would give Semin a contract is if it's a one year deal. Period. (had to type that to emphasize. PERIOD!)

How very RK of you.

phranchk

Liked Posts:
I know I'm a few pages behind on this comment, but looking at the money Oduya got for an extension doesn't look so bad now, and in fact looks quite tame compared to the insane money that's been handed out in free agency.

Maiden

Liked Posts:
I know I'm a few pages behind on this comment, but looking at the money Oduya got for an extension doesn't look so bad now, and in fact looks quite tame compared to the insane money that's been handed out in free agency.

Amen

Rex

Chief Blackcock
Liked Posts:

This just in, Two wrongs DO make a right!

Was giving Oduya a NTC necessary? Well, I guess it was since StanBo hands them out like candy (Steve Fucking Montador has a NTC for christ sake)

Shantz My Pants

Liked Posts:
Going back to Leddy and Centers....

What about a Leddy+ to get Statsny

They need a Dman in COL to pair with Johnson...still need to get O'Reilly signed I believe...

Obviously Stastny is better overall than Leddy, but with moving Leddy who replaces him long term?

Ton

Liked Posts:
Obviously Stastny is better overall than Leddy, but with moving Leddy who replaces him long term?

Clendening appears to be close to ready, and plays a similar offensive style. That said, who has the better potential and is it worth taking that risk on an unproven prospect?

I am one that thinks Leddy could have a very good year this year, no rookie will be able to replace that off the bat IMO. And as far as current roster players, I just don't see any of them providing the same offensive output/PP effectiveness as Leddy will this season.

R K

whats Olsen going to come into camp like? He could certainly add to the D over all physicality. Especially if he's spent the off season bulking up.

Rex

Chief Blackcock
Liked Posts:
whats Olsen going to come into camp like? He could certainly add to the D over all physicality. Especially if he's spent the off season bulking up.

Too bad there isn't going to be a spot for him no matter what he does, or how good he plays.

Ton

Liked Posts:
Too bad there isn't going to be a spot for him no matter what he does, or how good he plays.

Not too sure about that. Olsen won't be competing with Keith, Leddy, Oduya... more-so Seabrook, Hjalmarsson, Brookbank, Montador for ice-time. Of course we all know what Seabs will bring, Brookbank will get his chance but probably will end up riding the pine if Olsen is that good. The kicker is: unless Hammer/Montador are traded he won't get any time in Chicago, but honestly that still remains a pretty realistic possibility so I wouldn't say never.

Rex

Chief Blackcock
Liked Posts:
Not too sure about that. Olsen won't be competing with Keith, Leddy, Oduya... more-so Seabrook, Hjalmarsson, Brookbank, Montador for ice-time. Of course we all know what Seabs will bring, Brookbank will get his chance but probably will end up riding the pine if Olsen is that good. The kicker is: unless Hammer/Montador are traded he won't get any time in Chicago, but honestly that still remains a pretty realistic possibility so I wouldn't say never.

Hammer is our number 3 D man.

Montador has a NTC (for some reason)

Brookbank will get ice time because Bowman brought him in (See Brunette, Andrew)

Hammer is the best out of the three, so with that being said, if anybody is benched, it will be him (for some reason)

Ton

Liked Posts:
Hammer is our number 3 D man.

Montador has a NTC (for some reason)

Brookbank will get ice time because Bowman brought him in (See Brunette, Andrew)

Hammer is the best out of the three, so with that being said, if anybody is benched, it will be him (for some reason)

Yeah that Montador contract sucks only due to the NTC. It expires July 1st, 2014 so we could be stuck with him until then. But, maybe not... I'm sure one of his 10 teams would be willing to take a chance on his 2.75M per cap hit. Honestly that is a decent price for what he has to offer. Either way, if Olsen really improves that much, it wouldn't be impossible to find him a spot on this D-core.

PatrickShart

Liked Posts:
And even though his cap hit is 2.75...he'll make 2.3, 2.3, 1.8 over the next 3 years

Could help a cash strapped team that needs to get to the floor - yet not pay the full 2.75 per

PatrickShart

Liked Posts:
And Hjarllmarsson isn't the number 3...more like number 5

Take a look at the playoff minutes. After Oduya got to CHI...his numbers went down.

Rex

Chief Blackcock
Liked Posts:
And Hjarllmarsson isn't the number 3...more like number 5

Take a look at the playoff minutes. After Oduya got to CHI...his numbers went down.

I'm saying he's #3 in my mind (for the team we have) Just because Oduya gets the minutes does not make him a #3 defensemen in my mind

Though I think Hammer is a #4 D man, and we don't have a legit #3