Johnny Oduya

winos5

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
When the Blackhawks resigned him to a 3 year deal at $3,383,333 per year cap hit it wasn't the most popular move as I recall. Was just wondering what everybody thinks now with all the bloated contracts going to 4-6 D men during the free agent frenzy (Vlasic just got 5 years 21 million from the Sharks today). That may end up being one of Stan's better trades and signings.

I liked his game until the playoffs and he couldn't seem to handle the agrressive Yotes forechecking. Assuming he stays healthy he should have a good season.

Click here to view the article

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
We'll see, only time will tell after a full season honestly. It's a cheap contract comparatively, but who knows what his performance will be. And while I think some folks were critical, I don't think it was an overwhelming majority. I think people were more disappointed in that being THE move instead of something bigger happening, not that they were really pissed off that he's back. Kind of like Brookbank. at first people were pissed, then resolved, then happen Stan didn't over pay, then happy stand didn't fuck things up royally,.... yet. Only time will tell.

Pez68

Fire Quenneville
Liked Posts:
Still think he sucks and is not what the Hawks lacked or needed on the back end. He doesn't fill a niche.

winos5

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Still think he sucks and is not what the Hawks lacked or needed on the back end. He doesn't fill a niche.

We have an excess of D right now. Leddy, Montador, or Hammer will not be here when the season starts IMO.

Pez68

Fire Quenneville
Liked Posts:
And that's unfortunate because I think all three of them bring more to the table than Oduya.

Spunky Porkstacker

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
We have an excess of D right now. Leddy, Montador, or Hammer will not be here when the season starts IMO.

I hope Montador's concussion problems are over ( I don't think they are,but thats just me). But I can see Leddy or Hammer being moved if Stan can find a playmate. So far none of the other kids seem to want to play with him.

Chief Walking Stick

Heeeh heeeeh he said POLES
Donator
Liked Posts:

You're just racist... I bet you think Emery and Mayers suck too!

RACIST!!!

Spunky Porkstacker

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I like Leddy but if there was something good coming back I would trade him.

EspoForever

Liked Posts:

Counting Seabs, Keith, Oduya, Leddy, Hjammer, Montador and Olsen we have 7 NHL D-Men. Where is the excess of D?

-TL

daze71

Liked Posts:
The jury is still out on Leddy we just don't know if we have seen his full potential as of yet.

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
[font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]And that's unfortunate because I think all three of them bring more to the table than Oduya. [/font]
WWAWWWaaaaa? Did you just say Monty is better than Oduya?

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

And that's unfortunate because I think all three of them bring more to the table than Oduya.

Pretty much...IMHO Monty stays because he's a righty. Keeping Hammer and ditching Oduya would make us stronger in the backend IMHO but my money is on hammer being the sacrifice.

supraman

Liked Posts:
Oduya still sucks and is still overpaid.

Larmer83

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I liked his game until the playoffs and he couldn't seem to handle the agrressive Yotes forechecking. Assuming he stays healthy he should have a good season.

Click here to view the article

So you liked his game up until the most important time in the season? Yes he played well when acquired from Winnipeg but slowly dropped off until the playoffs. The he was a turnover machine.

The play when Doan caught up to Oduya,stripped the puck and turned it into a Yotes goal was the icing on the cake for me.

He may very well have a decent regular season(provided there is one),but when the forechecks and hitting goes up multiple notches come playoff time, what then? Why did he have difficulty cracking the top 4 in Winnipeg? But on the Hawks he's a #3.

EspoForever

Liked Posts:
And Brookbank

Hehe...forgot Brookbank...Brain cramps.

I still don't mind 8 NHL D back there with prospects pushing them. It beats having to force prospects into the NHL before they have earned it...and covers you from the injury bug and gives pressure to players to not slack off. Would have been nice last year to let Oduya watch some playoffs from upstairs.

supraman

Liked Posts:
Hehe...forgot Brookbank...Brain cramps.

I still don't mind 8 NHL D back there with prospects pushing them. It beats having to force prospects into the NHL before they have earned it...and covers you from the injury bug and gives pressure to players to not slack off. Would have been nice last year to let Oduya watch some playoffs from home wearing another team's jersey

Fixed