Blackhawks add former Kings assistant to coaching staff

the canadian dream

Liked Posts:
its not as if stan and the gang don't get a say in the matter of coaching hires. you guys are acting as if q recruited him without getting approval by the front office or telling them.

stans just too stupid to do his homework and i would assume daddy scotty probably is too busy watching matlock. reruns to put his two cents in. not that scotty two cents mean jack shit in 2012 anyways.

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
its not as if stan and the gang don't get a say in the matter of coaching hires. you guys are acting as if q recruited him without getting approval by the front office or telling them.

stans just too stupid to do his homework and i would assume daddy scotty probably is too busy watching matlock. reruns to put his two cents in. not that scotty two cents mean jack shit in 2012 anyways.
Those statements are contradictory to me... he's smart enough to control who gets hired, but not smart enough to do a background check?

the canadian dream

Liked Posts:
Those statements are contradictory to me... he's smart enough to control who gets hired, but not smart enough to do a background check?

its stan. enough said. q probably manipulated stan but that just goes to show how weak our gm is.

the canadian dream

Liked Posts:
guess what Im trying to say is i don't trust either of these guys to do what's right for the team. i wish we could get rid of both and start from scratch. feels like the hawks are an anxiety attack ready to happen.

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
guess what Im trying to say is i don't trust either of these guys to do what's right for the team. i wish we could get rid of both and start from scratch. feels like the hawks are an anxiety attack ready to happen.
That won't help, you'll have to go much higher to start over.

BigPete

Liked Posts:
I think I just became a Blues fan.

BigPete

Liked Posts:

That was part of the deal, remember? The Bowmans stay out of Q's kitchen (pun intended) and in one year Q will get shit canned in very public McDonough fashion.

BigPete

Liked Posts:
http://bigmouthbarry.com/2012/02/04/how-the-hell-does-jamie-kompon-still-have-a-job/

How The Hell Does Jamie Kompon Still Have a JOB???

But the bigger question every Kings fans has been asking themselves since this fucking inept assistant coach managed to somehow keep his job last season, is simply, HOW DOES HE KEEP HIS JOB?

Jamie Kompon’s game plan is atrocious. It’s like fucking up a subway sandwich.

It’s not like he didn’t have 10 days to prepare for these games! He could have watched footage from the stone age. THIS is the gameplan he comes up with for Columbus, St Louis and Carolina?

SERIOUSLY?

Never in the history of the Kings have they sucked this bad on offense and I well remember the days when Ray Ferraro and Dmitri Khristich were leading the team in scoring.

Ashor-redtribe

Liked Posts:
Whos to say he wasn't picked by Q and made sure he picked someone that sucked to ensure his role as the coach stays incase he shits the bed. I was also on the Kings boards and TSN to here what they are saying about this guy whom I have never heard of, and its not pretty. I would rather take the coach from the movie Teenwolf who liked eating boiled eggs.I feel like this team was bitchslapped with Karma and bad decision making since winning the cup.
<

winos5

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
To sum up the move, Kompon has a history with Q, they had some success while coaching the Blues and he has a Stanley Cup pedigree, albeit tainted. The pundits, bloggers and sports writers that are issuing opinions think the move/Kompon sucks. Q must need another designated driver.

roshinaya

fnord
Donator
Liked Posts:
Front office is a shambles. This smells of Q's hire and Scooter allowed it so he can fire the whole lot once the special teams shit the bed once again and the team keeps limping. Shit will get far worse, count on it. No faith in that they know what the hell they are doing.

Samurai

Ridiculum Anserini
Liked Posts:
Just one more feather in the headdress of uselessness.

My brain hurts...

tumblr_m3fks7YIYK1rvodugo1_500.jpg

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
And at the end of the day we all get the privilege of paying to watch how it unfolds.

Ton

Liked Posts:
People said similar things about Torchetti when he left. I'm willing to give him a chance and actually excited to see how this turns out.

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
I'm not excited, the fact that the PP was one of the major weak links last year and we were hoping to get a hire that would improve it and instead we get a guy known to be bad at the PP? Nothing exciting here. Actually the opposite. At this point, it'd almost be better to cancel the season.

JOVE23

Liked Posts:
How long until we're the worst franchise in sports again?

Ton

Liked Posts:
I'm not excited, the fact that the PP was one of the major weak links last year and we were hoping to get a hire that would improve it and instead we get a guy known to be bad at the PP? Nothing exciting here. Actually the opposite. At this point, it'd almost be better to cancel the season.

They were 2% better than the Hawks on the PP last season. The Kings were 7th on the PP in 2010 producing at 20%... lets give the guy a chance before shitting on him. This is a much more reasonable hire than Gauthier.

IceHogsFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
They were 2% better than the Hawks on the PP last season. The Kings were 7th on the PP in 2010 producing at 20%... lets give the guy a chance before shitting on him. This is a much more reasonable hire than Gauthier.

I think most agree on giving a chance to those selected but collectively there are very few "warm fuzzies" coming about especially for those of us forking more and more money out each season as STH's for a product that does not appear to be getting better.

Patience has begun to wear thin and many of us saw this coming all the way back to McD hired and Dale fired.

Those assumptions are being proven now.