So, If There Is A Delay To The Beginning Of The Season.....

DBQHawkFan

Liked Posts:
And what if the Blackhawks are asking them to play in Rockford?

Just sayin'

If you were a player and your team and the NHL just locked you out for the season, why would you listen to them if they asked you to go play somewhere? At that point, aren't you in a dispute with your team?

IceHogsFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
If you were a player and your team and the NHL just locked you out for the season, why would you listen to them if they asked you to go play somewhere? At that point, aren't you in a dispute with your team?

Purple?

klemmer

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

Do you want to have some income during the lockout?

klemmer

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
It's a lockout, not a strike. Don't they still get paid for not playing?

Said NHL chief legal officer Bill Daly: "Contracted players (who were) injured in the course of performing duties under their contracts and remained unfit to play at the commencement of the work stoppage will remain entitled to be paid by their clubs ... until their club's team physician certifies those players as fit to play."

source: USAToday 9/29/04

R K

Wouldn't surprise me to see them there at all.

wouldnt surprise me either except those that will have a choice. Leddy and Kruger, being in the NHL for a year or more, would be given the choice. I don't care where it came from.

klemmer

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Millions overseas, or a few thousand in Rockford... Hmm....

Are they going to make millions in a few months over there? Remember, we're not talking Toews or Kane.

Shantz My Pants

Liked Posts:
wouldnt surprise me either except those that will have a choice. Leddy and Kruger, being in the NHL for a year or more, would be given the choice. I don't care where it came from.

Every player part of the NHLPA would be given a choice. I'm sure that choice will come with a recommendation to go to the AHL just like Staal, Cammalleri, Spezza, Vanek, Vorobiev, Yakubov, Babchuk and others were if they wanted to develop.

R K

Every player part of the NHLPA would be given a choice. I'm sure that choice will come with a recommendation to go to the AHL just like Staal, Cammalleri, Spezza, Vanek, Vorobiev, Yakubov, Babchuk and others were if they wanted to develop.

Again Leddy and Kruger would not get the suggestion as much as Smith, Olsen, Hayes. If you can't comprehend why, I can't help you.

Shantz My Pants

Liked Posts:
Again Leddy and Kruger would not get the suggestion as much as Smith, Olsen, Hayes. If you can't comprehend why, I can't help you.

I can comprehend your thought but its not logical. Why would the Hawks not ask two of their youngest players with ahl eligibility to play in Rockford so they can keep tabs on them and help them work on things that they need for the upcoming pro season. They did it with Keith and others in 04.

the canadian dream

Liked Posts:
While they can those established players like Leddy and Kruger most likely wouldn't. Unless the lockout was say most of the season and they needed to play.

oh my. did you just call kruger established?

if anyone should be playing with the hogs during a lock out its him. hell he should have been there this year. a lockout for guys like kruger would be the best things for their careers...maybe they can learn how to skate.

R K

oh my. did you just call kruger established?

if anyone should be playing with the hogs during a lock out its him. hell he should have been there this year. a lockout for guys like kruger would be the best things for their careers...maybe they can learn how to skate.

I don't know if established is the correct term but yes, 1.5 years in the NHL verses guys that have had a sniff of NHL experience, yes. I proposed this question to a player yesterday. He didn't think either would go unless the lock out was long. Take it for what it's worth. Trevs guess is probably right, I mean hey, what do I know.

As for the learning how to skate part, ask them to compare financials... I'm pretty sure their skating will give you the answer.

R K

I can comprehend your thought but its not logical. Why would the Hawks not ask two of their youngest players with ahl eligibility to play in Rockford so they can keep tabs on them and help them work on things that they need for the upcoming pro season. They did it with Keith and others in 04.

They asked Keith if he wanted to, they didn't suggest he do it. Ask him and see. Hell Leddy and Kruger might say yes, then again if it's short they may chose to work out with the other guys on the team instead. There are different modes of "suggestion" Trev.

Ask some of the guys what they think of playing in Rockford. Once out, most never want to return. It works that way with all the minor league teams.

R K

Are they going to make millions in a few months over there? Remember, we're not talking Toews or Kane.

Neither would have played in Rockford if they were still on their entry level contract.

klemmer

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Neither would have played in Rockford if they were still on their entry level contract.

No argument there. The point I was questioning is if anyone would make "millions" overseas for a few months

fanof19

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
No argument there. The point I was questioning is if anyone would make "millions" overseas for a few months

not sure anyone would risk getting injured for an over-seas team which might void their contract with their NHL team.

R K

The European players probably would. At least some of them did last lockout.