[A] Central Division Failure: Blackhawks Should Reap Rewards

R K

Vermette at the trade deadline and Ribero at the draft. Off course, Stanbo apologists will claim that Columbus and Dallas were not going to trade within their division or conference.

Vermette for sure but that addage Cbus was not dealing him in the division. I'll agree with that one. And it's been known for a long time Dallas does not like to deal within the Conference. Those aren't false accusations.. And I'm not apologist thats for damn sure. I'm also not over paying just to get a chance....

I also agree Tony, With that talent it's hard to crack Top Six...

Trev the Flames sucked ass you might have been top 6....

R K

what's your suggestion? McNeill is nowhere near ready.

I already said it long ago.... #10, which is exactly what I'd have done last year. I'm still not sold Doan is staying in Pheonix either...

Doan-Toews-Kane

Saad-Sharp-Hossa

CLWolf81

Fan Captain
Liked Posts:
Then what... Stalberg-Bolland-Shaw? I dunno....

sth

Liked Posts:
I have always liked Plekanic. I find hard to believe Montreal would give him up. But he would be great. He had kind of a down year last year. But he still has tons of talent and he is excellent on face-offs and the pk.

equator180

Liked Posts:
I think you are wrong on the teams weakest link being Center. I firmly believe it is betweent the pipes! Move Crawford or keep him as backup but get Lou, he will put us in the end game for sure and be another great Hawk goalie...its time we had another one!

Spunky Porkstacker

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
The Hawks don't have to get better the other teams just have to get a little worse.
<

supraman

Liked Posts:
I think you are wrong on the teams weakest link being Center. I firmly believe it is betweent the pipes! Move Crawford or keep him as backup but get Lou, he will put us in the end game for sure and be another great Hawk goalie...its time we had another one!

Of course you do but it is you who are wrong.

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I'm scared of a Leddy-Oduya second pair defense. Crawford should be even more scared.

Why would we pair two left handed shot D-men together when we have two right-handed shots avaliable--especially seeing how well that worked last year? I think one goes with Brookbank, the other goes with Monty, and one of Leddy or Hammer gets moved.

Seriously I know everyone has this love affair with Bolly as the 3rd line center. but it seems those might be easier to come by and he's been a good soldier and deserves a real shot at being the 2nd line C. Give him some good wingers and the guy produces.

Might not be a bad idea and might solve the issue of the extra Left-handed shot d-man we have. The thing is, we'd need someone who could at least passably anchor Bickell and Frolik/Shaw, because Kruger would be a trainwreck and we have been spoiled with Bolland there. IMHO Malhotra would be the guy but I think the only way that happens in in an EA game.

Personally, if we did get that mystery #3C, I would like to see a top-6 lineup of Stalberg/Toews/Kane and Sharp/Bolland/Hossa, and Q sticking to them enough to develop some chemistry.

supraman

Liked Posts:
That top six would in fact produce a lot of goals

Pez68

Fire Quenneville
Liked Posts:
Seriously I know everyone has this love affair with Bolly as the 3rd line center. but it seems those might be easier to come by and he's been a good soldier and deserves a real shot at being the 2nd line C. Give him some good wingers and the guy produces.

Q is not a Bolland fan, I think. Hardly gives him PP time either. I've seen top six caliber play out of Bolland and I'm sure most people here have. Why he has never been given a long look there, who the fuck knows.

supraman

Liked Posts:
Q is not a Bolland fan, I think. Hardly gives him PP time either. I've seen top six caliber play out of Bolland and I'm sure most people here have. Why he has never been given a long look there, who the fuck knows.

Oh he gets PP time, as a defenseman. WHICH IS FUCKING Special person

supraman

Liked Posts:
Yeah I want to meet the coach that invented that Special person shit. "Oh let's put a guy that has no experience as a Dman, no idea about the movements as a Dman on the PP and have that guy play D on the PP"

PatrickShart

Liked Posts:

So...he's 3rd on the team/forwards in PK time (behind Hoss/Toews) per gam

He's 6th on forwards in PP time

3rd in shifts per game

Q's big on matchups...and puts him out there versus other teams top lines

In the playoffs..the last 4 years - he lead the Hawks in shifts per game - meaning Q is tapping him over the boards more than any Hawks....but Q doesn't like him/screws him over.

Pez68

Fire Quenneville
Liked Posts:
So...he's 3rd on the team/forwards in PK time (behind Hoss/Toews) per gam

He's 6th on forwards in PP time

3rd in shifts per game

Q's big on matchups...and puts him out there versus other teams top lines

In the playoffs..the last 4 years - he lead the Hawks in shifts per game - meaning Q is tapping him over the boards more than any Hawks....but Q doesn't like him/screws him over.

I don't know. If you like someone, do you really make them play most of the season with Bickell and Frolik? Stats be damned!
<

PatrickShart

Liked Posts:
Well...some here say Frolik should be a second line player...and gets 'screwed' playing in a '3rd line' with Bolland...who allegedly should be a 2nd liner as well....(not sure how that works,lol)

PatrickShart

Liked Posts:
I know if i don't like a player, I'm not tapping him over the boards more than anyone else, especially in the playoffs.

But...Q doesnt like/trust Bolland

Pez68

Fire Quenneville
Liked Posts:
Well, it's one of two things.

1) He likes Bolland WAY too much as a shut-down center, and doesn't want to take away from that strength of his.

2) He doesn't feel Bolland is capable of producing in a top-six role.

I don't know. It just makes no sense to me, with the way this team has struggled up the middle the last couple seasons. It also makes no sense that Sharp hasn't played center either.... My brain hurts trying to figure out their reasoning for this shit.